Illegible posting

Big Dreamer

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
A great way to fuck with register-jockies is to hand them a $20 bill to pay for lunch, then AFTER they ring it into the God-like machine that calculates change for them, throw a different combination of cash at them and watch the fireworks. A manager is definitely getting involved in this complex transaction, as either a manual (good God!!) calculation needs to be done, or someone has to locate the VOID button on the register and start again.

B_big dirigible

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
We've become a bottom feeding society and we're losing face around the world because of it.
Around here it's because so much of the world is already here.

Local blank stares from the employees here in New England are due to a lack of English skills, but not because they're brain-damaged. It's because they're Brazilian or Ukrainian.

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Around here it's because so much of the world is already here.

Local blank stares from the employees here in New England are due to a lack of English skills, but not because they're brain-damaged. It's because they're Brazilian or Ukrainian.

For reasons that should be abundantly obvious, our opinions on immigration or any other form of xenophobia are going to be worlds apart.
I find it entirely acceptable that a person from a foreign country does not speak English well, although if it inhibits them from doing their job, they should not be able to get that job. Your complaint should be with the manager who decided to put someone without language skills at the register. There should be plenty of English speaking natives in Maine, although they may not be willing to work for minimum wage.:rolleyes: Surely someone who can understand even simple commands should be adequate to make french fries or whatever tasks don't involve customer service.

rob_just_rob

Sexy Member
Media
A great way to fuck with register-jockies is to hand them a $20 bill to pay for lunch, then AFTER they ring it into the God-like machine that calculates change for them, throw a different combination of cash at them and watch the fireworks. A manager is definitely getting involved in this complex transaction, as either a manual (good God!!) calculation needs to be done, or someone has to locate the VOID button on the register and start again.

Oooo, pet peeve of mine.

If (for example) my lunchtime panini is $5.65, I'll often hand the cashier $21.15. Why? Because if I don't have $0.65 exactly to go with the $20 bill, I'd rather get rid of my nickels/dimes and get a $10, a $5, and two quarters as change, as opposed to getting $14.50 or $14.35, all of which leave me with more change to jingle in my pocket.

Quite often, I have to tell the cashier how much change to give me. They would frequently give me too much change otherwise. And this is despite having a machine to do the math for them. :rolleyes:

SteveHd

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
If (for example) my lunchtime panini is $5.65, I'll often hand the cashier $21.15.
I do that also and it usually works for me. They key in the amount and the machine tells them the change. *I wonder if I should mention that I don't know what "panini" is?*