I'm 19, yet I have this strange pain in my groin area

Discussion in 'The Healthy Penis' started by jt92, Dec 3, 2011.

1. jt92

jt92 New Member

Hi all,

I'm a little worried. I'm 19, yet I have this strange pain I've been feeling in my groin area. It feels like a hernia or like a kidney stone or something (I've never had either, though I imagine that's what it would feel like.) It's not terribly painful (on a scale from 1 to 10 its like a 2), just annoying and strange. In any case, when I push it down, it feels a little better, but not much.

Most likely unrelated to this is that when I pee, after I finish and I clench my pc muscle, there's this extraordinary pain below my testicles, and I have to take a second to relax it before the pain can go away. Is this cause for alarm? Should I go see a doctor? I went to the doctor 2 months ago for a physical and everything was fine. I'm just worried because I had a friend who had a hernia and he said he felt pain in his groin area and when he pushed it down, it felt better, but not much.

Thank you, I really appreciate the advice!

Y

2. vibrationzzz

Gold Member

Albums:
    See a doctor asap. Sometimes it can be an indication of infection. You do not muck around with mysterious 'lumps'.

3. sykray

sykray Active Member

It is almost obvious that I will encourage you to go see a doctor about it. A physical check-up anly tells you that on the day you were OK. Anything can happen the next hour, day, week or month.

I'm not going to diagnose on the basis of what you tell us but it sounds as if it may be a hernia.

4. redneckgymrat

Gold Member

Pain is the body's way of saying something is wrong.

Since you cannot justify the pain (stubbed my toe, for example), it's obvious that something is wrong, and that should be addressed.

5. hairyversmuscle

hairyversmuscle Well-Known Member

Albums:
    DOCTOR!

Do not follow anyone's advice on this site if it differs from advice to go see a doctor!

6. D_Kitten_Kaboodle

D_Kitten_Kaboodle Account Disabled

^This... only a qualified professional should answer this question.

7. tamati

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    just dont get freaked, stressing doesn't help. but still see a doctor. depending on where you live there might be a free clinic available, if you dont have insurance.

8. jump_start

jump_start Member

Albums:
    Like everyone else said, go see a doctor.

And for what it's worth:

I highly doubt it's a kidney stone. I pass kidney stones every so often (once or twice a year). The pain is unmistakable (almost unbearable), and it doesn't matter what you do, you CANNOT get away from the pain. Doesn't matter where you poke, prod or press.

9. mplsingleguy

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    it also could be a urinary tract infection- I had one when I was in college and it felt like my balls were in a VICE GRIP. It was excrutiating. When I got to the doctor, to add insult to injury, he says "funny- usually women get this!" I was really annoyed :)

I had a few days in the hospital- and they told me that if i left before I was released that I'd relapse... so I had to just wait it out.

The bottom line is: if you treat it now appropriately, they'll fix it and you'll be fine- and then you won't have future complications. No reason to worry until you HAVE something to worry about (don't sit and stew and fret about what it might or might not be...) just go see the doctor and let them get you well!

10. r214

r214 New Member

See a doctor

I get pains down there at times, more of a discomfort, but the result of a varicocele behind my left testicle. Basically a varicose vein. (While standing, behind the testicle, basically feels like spaghetti.)

11. D_CountVonBhigBohner

D_CountVonBhigBohner Account Disabled

#1 You need to see a doctor

#2 You have been a member since 2008, which means you were 16 when you joined LPSG.

12. bobg4400

Gold Member

Actually says 2006 and 2011 -2006 =5 and 19-5 =14 so he joined when he was 14. Agree with #1 though.

13. lookinright

lookinright New Member

go to a doctor doubt its a kidney stone you would have back pain by the bottom of the ribs

14. Punisher

Punisher New Member

Albums:
    Get to the clinic!

/arnold voice

15. billblows4u

billblows4u Member

by the language that you have used you know what the score is....

16. jt92

jt92 New Member

So I went to the doctor actually about a week ago - it turns out that I in fact had a UTI - which is strange since it rarely occurs in men as a previous poster stated. I have also been abstinent for about a year and have only had one lifetime sexual partner who was also STD-free - so it ruled out the possibility of an STD. I'm still wondering where it came from though, I'm generally clean down there. Oh well, she prescribed me Cipro and after the first two pills I felt a whole lot better.

I'm kind of embarrassed and somewhat disturbed by the fact that I did in fact join this website when I was 14. Strange and kind of scary. @_@. It's okay I guess, I don't think there's anything wrong with sex at a young age, as long as you're safe about it and take precautions. I think I found about this website when I was 12ish though. I was very curious, haha. The only problem is that it was probably illegal to join... oh well.

17. thatdude1981

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Some men devloped a √úTI by either bathing with bubbles, or by the soap they use to clean themselves

18. odie2022

odie2022 Member

Albums:
    Very true I got a uti and it was from bathing in perfumed bubble bath had to also change soap I use daily in shower. I know what u went thru I felt like always hitting the wall especially when urinating

19. matelalique

matelalique Active Member

jt92 - you should be strung up and flogged for joining this website under the age of consent in the US.

We all understand that young people need advice on sex and related issues, but I hope you understand that this website was inappropriate for you to view as a 17 year old. In the rest of the civilised world 16 is cool, but the most advanced country in the world, not so much. But these are the laws. I don't understand why the underage view this website since they have nothing to gain from it. Stupid, stupid teenagers - please stop reading this site.

If you've got this far, and of appropriate age, this is the right place for *18* year olds (and many 40 year olds will claim to be 18) to ask about their problems.

Yikes - let's try to help people.

Draft saved Draft deleted