im a little clueless, help me out if u can

alteran

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
hi everyone, i dont post often, usually just troll around and read, or make "smart" comments. Anyway, I have a question for anyone willing to help me out.
Well, I'm a college student, just finishing up my third yr of school, and heading into the summer. I have next to no experience when it comes to dating and all things that it encompasses. I'm 21, 5ft 8, and yea im overweight, but eh.... I've seen people who weigh more than me get some pretty hot guys. I'm pretty outgoing, I have a ton of friends and all that jazz, i've actually always had a lot of friends, but never had a real boyfriend..... unless you count the last guy i was with, whom i've elected to forget and banish to a dark corner of hell..... or at least utah.
anyway, i've got my sights on a guy at work. Really nice and sweet guy, always smiling and going out of his way to make sure they're ok.... and he's cute, really really cute.. in a rugged kinda way...
but anyway.. i need a little advice...
how do i approach him?... or am i supposed to wait for the guy?... and i'm still pretty clueless when it comes to reading guys..
if ppl need more info to help me just ask....
any advice is welcomed advice.. unless ur just trying to be plain mean... then you can burn in hell while watching Gili

B_Monster

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
You dont have to wait for him to ask you out, it 2008 and I believe that women have that right as much as men. As far as your weight, there are tons of men who go for that so, dont worry about that. I hope you get him or someone just as nice and cute, keep us posted.

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media
Ask him on a date. If you ask about studying for finals together while on the date then that's a good way to make it ongoing, but go on a regular date first. Maybe make it very casual and go get something to eat together after work, like CF suggested.

There is no point in beating around the bush and acting like you just want to be friends - it only becomes complicated. If he's interested then there you go, if he's not then at least you know and you can set your sights elsewhere.

As to how to approach him - I'd just go with direct. I don't know what you work out or what kind of hours but, if it is appropriate, "Do you want to go get something to eat when we're done here?" is good.

Good luck.