I'm about a degree from a heatstroke.

mitchymo

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
So its nothing in global terms but its 29 centigrade, i'm sitting in my loosest underwear with all my windows open and a fan going full blast directly at my head (shoulder one!) and i'm still too hot, any tips?

DaveyR

Retired Moderator
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Same here Mitch - we have the whole terrace shaded today with a gazebo and the toldo pulled right down. I'm in the gazebo with a fan on full blast and it's still 34 right now :(

mitchymo

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
yes, loose the underwear and walk around, I did that and it helped me. Also take a chilly shower.

a temporary measure i guess....i'm half tempted to move the freezer into the living room and keep the door open for a whilst.

You're too hot. Period.

Lol, i'm blushing...but its impossible to tell right now!

transformer_99

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
A cold shower or get in a pool. If you are sitting in front of that fan, a periodic spray of mist should relieve you momentarily. You perspire to cool your body and regulate that temperature. Cool water will do that on your skin just the same as perspiration.

mitchymo

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
A cold shower or get in a pool. If you are sitting in front of that fan, a periodic spray of mist should relieve you momentarily. You perspire to cool your body and regulate that temperature. Cool water will do that on your skin just the same as perspiration.

Hmmmm....that actually sounds appealing, i'll try it.

dong20

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I love how the British whine about how it's too hot, too cold, too wet, too ... anything. Then, on the on the 2.5 days per year it's perfect, they're too surprised to notice, and thus entirely fail to enjoy it!

It's 33.2C (stored and reflected heat) as I write this ... mmm, lovely.

Forecast to be a little warmer tommorrow; I suggest you arm yourself with a plant mister, a generous supply of iced Pimms, then lie back and think of penguins ... or something.

mitchymo

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I love how the British whine about how it's too hot, too cold, too wet, too ... anything. Then, on the on the 2.5 days per year it's perfect, they're too surprised to notice, and thus entirely fail to enjoy it!

It's 33.2C (stored and reflected heat) as I write this ... mmm, lovely.

Forecast to be a little warmer tommorrow; I suggest you arm yourself with a plant mister, a generous supply of iced Pimms, then lie back and think of penguins ... or something.

Correction.....we NEVER whine about how too wet it is.....its great for our gardens and farming and rainy weather is calming!

vince

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Nah.. they're just weak! :tongue:

It's about 9pm and it's cooled down to a lovely 28c. I just put a t-shirt on to ward of the evening chill. I think it hit 35 today. We've got about 8 weeks of 35 to 45 degree weather ahead.

mitchymo

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Take a cool shower, always helps me. Then air dry nude in front of the fan. Be glad you weren't in KC a week ago, though. 43 degrees celsius.

That is UNHOLY...now i have a fascination with tornados and i love the Wizard of Oz but there aint nothing getting me to Kansas with that kind of satanical fridge going on!