I'm back! But with a new screen name

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by SilverSoldier, Feb 8, 2006.

1. SilverSoldier

SilverSoldier New Member

How do everyone,
    This is Dan, who used to have the screen name BuffMusicIdol. I couldn't get my old screen name activated, so I reregistered as SilverSoldier.

My second divorce is complete, but now have to go to court since they are prosecuting her for assault against me. Wierd stuff. The mortgage is in foreclosure and my dad passed away in January. Some of you may remember all the drama that was going on.

I still don't get online much, but when I do I always miss my friends here. I turned 50 in Dec, and my roommate/partner and I went to Disney Land for Christmas to celebrate. He was a designer there years ago.

I am happier than I have been in 25 years. I've gained about 15 lbs, but am finally able to work out consistently again, and plan on making the best of reclaiming my waistline, and taking a few nice pics in the spring to celebrate.

Life is good. I'm composing up a storm, and have about 8 new books of music in progress with 4 near print dates. My roommate is has come through fire as I have, and is designing and building sets for theatrical productions locally and throughout the west. We will be in Jackson Hole in May to play and work. He has built most of the sets there for the past 25 years.

I feel lucky to be back. It will take a while yet to rebuild my life, but my kids are great, I'm doing great, and I'm glad to be back.

I hope to hear from you and catch up with many of you.

Take care, groovy ones.

Smiles,
    Dan :cool:

2. GoneA

Gold Member

*my new favorite saying*

3. dfox7.3x5

dfox7.3x5 New Member

Hey, Dan, welcome back! Sounds like you're making lemonade from the lemons in your life. Good for you, kid! (OK, so 50 isn't a kid, but from my standpoint -- 67-- you are young. Oh, to be 50 again!) Your avatar is wonderful; isn't he a hunk? Love the gossip about how they're having to photoshop his big bulge.
    Take care!

david

4. Pecker

Pecker Retired Moderator
    Gold Member

Welcome back, Dan, and thanks for doing us the favor of coming back to LPSG.

Now, kindly do an old fart a favor and post in an easier-on-the-eyes font? :)

5. Pappy

Pappy Member

Welcome back Dan, I'm happy to see you're getting on with your life and that you are happy.

I'll second Peckers request on the more readable font.

6. Webster

Webster New Member

Third vote for a more readable font.
    Congratulations on all the good news.
    Please make up your mind. Is he your room mate or your partner? Ha. Or is he your business partner? I'm confused............
    Anyway, welcome home............:smile:

7. SilverSoldier

SilverSoldier New Member

I agree with the readable font. I was experimenting.

Partner, yes; roommate, yes; business partner, yes.

We have painted several houses together. He is amazing at painting murals, etc. I just paint walls one color or faux finish.

Right now he is going through major depression, and hardly says a word for days at a time. However, it's better than what I've lived with all my life, and he is a wonderful, gentle guy. He's 6'5", and handsome. He also has MS, but the symptoms are mostly under control for now. Nothing is perfect, but we are enjoying our time together, for however long it may last. We've taken two trips to Vegas, seen Zumanity and the new La Reve shows. We plan to meet with friends and take another trip to see "O" and maybe what ever else strikes our fancy. The shows are inspiring and motivating to both of us. We also are movie freaks, and go to a lot of local productions.

That's the poop for now.

I'm borrowing my neighbor's dog to cheer up my buddy. He misses not having pets, but our lives are such it wouldn't work to own one. Hope it does the trick for a bit.

Glad to hear from you guys.

I'll check in when I can.

Behave, groovy ones. (Well, okay, what ever.)

U-NO-HOO.
    :redface:

8. GoneA

Gold Member

i, for one, am glad that everything is potentially moving upward for the both of you. i think you two are, in some way, the remedy each other needs.

9. Lex

Lex
    Gold Member

Dan--it's great to hear from you again!! I remember how supportive you were when I was posting about bisexuality and marriage. I hope things continnue to move in the desired directions for you and hope to hear more from you here. Be well.

10. panthera

panthera New Member

Welcome Back! I have always enjoyed your posts - you make me look normal. Lucid, even.
    It will be great hearing from you again. AFter yesterday's bad news about DMW passing on this is good news, indeed.
    My grandmother suffered from MS, depression is one aspect of the disease. I hope you two have access to the support groups available today.
    I am awful sorry about your ex-wife - I truly hope you two can finally find a place where you can co-exist on the same planet in peace.

11. RideRocket

Gold Member

Welcome back and continue to enjoy the group!

Draft saved Draft deleted