Im back

dufus

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
Originally posted by ashlar@Aug 12 2005, 11:27 PM
So yeah, I'm back from my travels.

I love Paris in the springtime, I love Paris in the fall.

I love Paris in the winter when it drizzles.

I love Paris in the summer when it sizzles.

I love Paris ev'ry moment, ev'ry moment of the yearl

I love Paris.

Why? Oh why do I love Paris?

Because Ashlar is near!

(With apologies to the great gay songwriter Cole Porter.)

scottsimms

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
YOur pics of Paris tell me I haven't missed much by not seeing Paris.

That is the most ignorant statement I've ever read on this site...and that's saying something.

Paris is only one of the most beautiful cities on God's green earth. We should all look half so good when WE'RE old.

steve319

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Nice job with the pics, Ash. I particularly like the cemetery ones (graveyardloveit? I do to! So mournful.). And that last view from the tower is fantastic.

Those pink flowers are cleome, BTW. Spider flower. Thorny but irresistably exotic.

Nice to have you back around. :)

prepstudinsc

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
Originally posted by scottsimms@Aug 13 2005, 09:52 AM
YOur pics of Paris tell me I haven't missed much by not seeing Paris.

That is the most ignorant statement I've ever read on this site...and that's saying something.

Paris is only one of the most beautiful cities on God's green earth. We should all look half so good when WE'RE old.
[post=335119]Quoted post[/post]​

You've got that right, Scott. Paris is a wonderful city--there is so much culture there, and if one can't appreciate it, well...they're a typical American. Every night of the week there are fantastic concerts of every genre, there are museums, galleries, bookstores, shops, restaurants, not to mention the architecture. While I love the USA, and the cities here, we are just a baby compared to places in the rest of the world. Cities like Paris have had centuries to develop while we have only had mere decades compared to them. If you can't appreciate a city like Paris, don't travel outside of your county, not to mention your country.

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Hi,

Thank you so much for sharing those pics with us. I loved the grave shots. I was wondering if you would go to Jim Morrison's grave. You didnt disappoint. Gld you got home safe and sound.

naughty

ashlar

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Thanks guys :) I'm glad you all enjoyed the photographs. I would have gotten more, however I was trying not to look like a tourist as much as possible. In addition, all Herble wanted to do while we were there was eat ... like ... constantly. At least that's how it felt to me *LOL* I didnt like lugging my camera bag into the cafe's and restraunts and so forth. Having said all that, I still got a few shots that I'm quite happy with. I really would have liked a better shot of the Mona Lisa however, it was like a bloody rock concert in there. The photo that I have was with my camera zoom as close as it would go, plus it was blown up in size with my scanner. I thought about fighting my way through the crowd for a better shot, but then I thought to myself, "Why?" I mean, there are GREAT photos of the painting in like EVERY freaking art book out there, not to mention all the posters that exist.

ashlar

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Originally posted by dufus+Aug 13 2005, 01:29 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dufus &#064; Aug 13 2005, 01:29 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-ashlar@Aug 12 2005, 11:27 PM
So yeah, I&#39;m back from my travels.

I love Paris in the springtime, I love Paris in the fall.

I love Paris in the winter when it drizzles.

I love Paris in the summer when it sizzles.

I love Paris ev&#39;ry moment, ev&#39;ry moment of the yearl

I love Paris.

Because Ashlar is near&#33;

(With apologies to the great gay songwriter Cole Porter.)
[post=335076]Quoted post[/post]​
[/b][/quote]

Totally had that song stuck in my head on the way to Paris and back. I think it was because of Meg Ryan and watching the movie "French Kiss" before I had left.

*LOL*

SurferGirlCA

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Awww, but you&#39;re so much cuter than Kevin Kline, baby. :loveya:

Totally had that song stuck in my head on the way to Paris and back. I think it was because of Meg Ryan and watching the movie "French Kiss" before I had left.

*LOL*
[post=335143]Quoted post[/post]​
[/quote]

headbang8

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Originally posted by ashlar@Aug 13 2005, 12:27 PM
[post=335043]Quoted post[/post]​
Ashlar and Herble&#33; You guys and I were probably in Paris at about the same time as Masa and me. My boy had a business trip to Paris, and I met him there to tag along. Had I only known...

Don&#39;t they prohibit pics of the Mona Lisa? You sly dog.

Pere Lachaise is a great place; too many tourists just visit Morrison and don&#39;t get around the rest. Last time I checked, Chopin had a better track record for enduring works of genius. Didn&#39;t visit Oscar?

Who&#39;s Jack & Judie?

hb8

ashlar

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Awww, but you&#39;re so much cuter than Kevin Kline, baby. :loveya:

*LOL*
[post=335143]Quoted post[/post]​
[post=335222]Quoted post[/post]​
[/quote]

Thank you sweetheart :) *kishes*

ashlar

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Originally posted by headbang8+Aug 13 2005, 05:00 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(headbang8 &#064; Aug 13 2005, 05:00 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-ashlar@Aug 13 2005, 12:27 PM
[post=335043]Quoted post[/post]​
Ashlar and Herble&#33; You guys and I were probably in Paris at about the same time as Masa and me. My boy had a business trip to Paris, and I met him there to tag along. Had I only known...

Don&#39;t they prohibit pics of the Mona Lisa? You sly dog.

Pere Lachaise is a great place; too many tourists just visit Morrison and don&#39;t get around the rest. Last time I checked, Chopin had a better track record for enduring works of genius. Didn&#39;t visit Oscar?

Who&#39;s Jack & Judie?

hb8
[post=335227]Quoted post[/post]​
[/b][/quote]

Yeah I was there from aug 2nd and left on the 10th. It is too bad we didnt know. I spent a lot of time bored while I was there. It would have been fun to meet up with some people and hang out.

We met Jack and Judie while we were on our way to the graveyard. I just went there to see it, I didnt know who was buried there. I just love graveyards. Jack and Judie were from California and on their way to see Jim&#39;s grave. While looking for it I saw Chopin was there so that was my stop. After seeing those two graves, we had to go eat and then went out for drinks.

B_DoubleMeatWhopper

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I will admit that I don&#39;t find the French language attractive: ugly vowels like u and eu, ridiculous sounding nasal vowels, the French uvular r, and the lack of stressed syllables all add up to make French a rather unappealing linguistic adventure ... and this is from someone who speaks the language. But Paris: I can forgive the sound of the language and the rudeness of the citizens when I behold the beauty of Paris. There is a charm and sense of romance there that is difficult to rival. Not to mention the culture&#33; The City of Lights is definitely a place I would like to visit again. I hope Romey and Herb enjoyed their visit as much as I did.

bigenuf

1st Like
Media
Originally posted by DoubleMeatWhopper@Aug 14 2005, 03:06 AM
I will admit that I don&#39;t find the French language attractive: ugly vowels like u and eu, ridiculous sounding nasal vowels, the French uvular r, and the lack of stressed syllables all add up to make French a rather unappealing linguistic adventure ... and this is from someone who speaks the language. But Paris: I can forgive the sound of the language and the rudeness of the citizens when I behold the beauty of Paris. There is a charm and sense of romance there that is difficult to rival. Not to mention the culture&#33; The City of Lights is definitely a place I would like to visit again. I hope Romey and Herb enjoyed their visit as much as I did.
[post=335311]Quoted post[/post]​

Sorry, I can&#39;t resist--it is called the "city of light" not lights.