I'm befuddled...

Discussion in 'Relationships, Discrimination, and Jealousy' started by qwerty1234567, Sep 14, 2011.

1. qwerty1234567

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    If you feel I'm making a big deal out of nothing, please feel free to say so...

I met a (gorgeous) Pakistani woman the other day at Starbucks. It was obvious that we were both attracted to each other as we caught each other gawking twice. I strike up a conversation and wind up with her number. I called her two days later and she says she'd call me right back. Obviously she didn't call back or else I wouldn't be making this thread. I called once more today and no answer. Which is fine. But am I the only one who finds it inexplicably rude to say I'll call you back- in two minutes no less- and never call, nor return a missed call? It's always females who pull this kind of shit. If you're going to say that's part of how it works or whatever, save it. This woman is six years my senior, and if grown woman have the same tendencies as women in the early 20's I might just kill myself.

#1 qwerty1234567, Sep 14, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2011
  2. Chaotica

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Find ten women tomorrow and try again. It's a numbers game.

3. phndoc

phndoc Member

Move on...if, she calls back....then firgure out what to do. I would not call her anymore, it makes you look needed.

4. Countryguy63

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    There ya go again qwerty,,,,trying to understand the other side :tongue: :wink:

p.s. I Love women, but have learned to quit trying to understand them, lol

5. AdamTaylor

AdamTaylor Member

Albums:
    Just get back out there. You're definitely attractive enough. It could be a cultural thing with her, as in her parents may not approve of her dating anyone outside of their cultural/religious beliefs. Sometimes it's not all because she's ignoring you or that you messed up in any way. It may just be that she doesn't see a future with someone outside of her ethnicity. You did the right thing by calling her up. But I can say she did the wrong thing by leaving you hanging. A simple explination on her part would have helped you out a ton. Keep your chin up man, you've got it goin' on!

6. qwerty1234567

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I might agree with you but a- she's 28, at that age I wouldn't think parents influence decisions that much and b- if what you're saying is true (about culture) why give me your number in the first place. She didn't just recognize that there might be problems after I got her number. I'm sure she would be well aware of this beforehand if it was true.

7. qwerty1234567

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I'll never understand these creatures...

8. ConanTheBarber

Gold Member

You'll never know why she didn't call you.
    She might have been hit by a truck, for all you know.
    After meeting you, she might have gotten home to learn that her father had been abducted by aliens.
    She might have won a lottery and is spending two weeks in Montenegro.
    The charm of your presence might have brought her out of herself -- but in your physical absence, her old fears took hold again.
    There's really no point in thinking about it too much.
    (I know ... easier said than done.)

This happens all the time.
    It's just life.

9. spoon

Gold Member

Albums:
    guys do that to. ask for your number and not call. taking the number gives the taker time to think about it.

10. monstro

monstro New Member

I don't think it's necessary to generalize that all women behave in a certain way just because one certain woman didn't answer your message. It's one human being--to tell yourself that all women of all ages do certain behaviors will seriously limit your ability to adapt to new situations. Not to mention that it also does both the women you will meet in the future and yourself a disservice. Who knows why this particular woman didn't answer your call? Maybe her cat died, maybe her mom just got out of prison and she was busy, maybe she's avoiding you, maybe she's fucking insane, maybe it's just not meant to be. Who knows. Assume she meant you no harm, delete her number from your phone and move on. A new day awaits.

11. dirrtyminded

dirrtyminded Member

Albums:
    Sometimes they just like the attention and knowing that they CAN get what they want. That validation is enough to satiate their egos. Or she could have something else going on. Either way move on to something better with someone better. Like another user stated, its a numbers game.

Good luck bro.

12. KTF40

Gold Member

Albums:
    Yes, because men always call after they say they will...

13. dude_007

Gold Member

Guys do it too....the inconsiderate stuff, like saying I'm gonna call, then not call. It is not specific to women. In fact, I would say men are worse about this kind of thing.

It is hard when you want it and it doesn't happen. And, like others have said, you don't know why she didn't call back. If she did blow you off, it was inconsiderate so thank her for making it more clear to you what you don't want so that what you do want has a chance to show up.

#13 dude_007, Sep 14, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2011
  14. qwerty1234567

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I do. If I wouldn't, I wouldn't say I'll call you. wtf

15. B_prettyswinggirl

B_prettyswinggirl New Member

Then you're one of the few. I've never pulled that myself either, but have had it pulled on me. Granted not with someone I've met face to face...

I do know a little about Pakistani culture. It's entirely probable she's still living at home with her parents and even still a virgin. If her parents got a hint that she was attempting to have a relationship with a man before marriage, she not only could have been too scared to call you back, but also put herself in danger depending on how strict her parents were. It's sad in this day and age, but true.

Of course she could have just been playing with you, you'll never know...try to be happy that you had a good time flirting with her and forget the negative.

And yes, we're supposed to befuddle you guys! Just as much as you befuddle us! Lol! :wink:

16. crescendo69

Gold Member

I've had quite a few ask for my number and then not call.

17. qwerty1234567

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    If the bold is true, then I'd be saddened by it. I don't want to make a huge judgement based on one encounter, but she seemed relatively secular. She's been living in NYC since she was 8. She went to school, was dressed professionally, etc. However I guess all of the above could be true with her still following her personal religion. I'm trying to say that I just didn't get that kind of 'vibe'.

18. D_Ebensneezer_Spooge

Albums:
    ok as the only girl replying listen...she either has a boyfriend or kids....thats the only thing that would keep her from calling if she willingly gave u the number.

19. D_Ebensneezer_Spooge

Albums:
    or her parents still pay her cellphone bill in that case...ur choppd andscrewed

20. B_debonair87

B_debonair87 New Member

women don't know what they want.

but with that said.......just move on

as the great gucci mane once said "girls are like buses, miss one next 15 one comin"

Draft saved Draft deleted