I'm being circumcised..

cjfp18

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Hi guys, i'm 22 years old and going in for curcumcision in the next few weeks. I'd had a few problems in the past, so my doctor suggested it was the best and only option.
After the operation when will things be back to normal?
How long is thr recovery period, and how uncomfortable is it?
Will my penis change is size or shape?

Thanks!

Grande7

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Wow . . .your cock looks great !!! Not sure why you need to get cut, but if you can do anything NOT to, I would suggest keeping your foreskin ! I was cut as a baby, so can't give you any details . . .

D_Percy Pantsed

Account Disabled
Media
most guys either get cut when they're babies or never get cut, but I can't imagine recovery being too rough. You won't have to deal with smegma anymore, and you may lose a little sensitivity, but that just means you'll last longer :)

hung15us

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Get cut. I was cut at my decision and it was the best thing I eve did. I had thought of it for years and finely did. I would go for a very tight cir. You will be happy. It took at least a week to heal and the for 2 weeks to not be to agressive with sex. give it time to heal.

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Hi guys, i'm 22 years old and going in for circumcision in the next few weeks. I'd had a few problems in the past, so my doctor suggested it was the best and only option.
After the operation when will things be back to normal?
How long is the recovery period, and how uncomfortable is it?
Will my penis change is size or shape?

Thanks!

if you don't mind me asking, what type of problems have you had?

and.

do you want to be circumcised?

from the photos in your gallery the problem seems to be a very light case of phimosis. you're able to get full retraction of the foreskin and you're still young enough for alternative treatments. steroid creams and manual stretching if the easiest and least invasive method.

if the surgery is still a few weeks off, ya can ask ya doc for the steroid script... the issue might well resolved before your surgery date. with the rise of antibiotic-resistant infection post surgery it's best to avoid unnecessary procedure.

if ya do a search on circumcision ya will find a few threads started by guys before and after their surgery.

if nothing else, get a second opinion :smile:

if you don't mind me asking, what type of problems have you had?

and.

do you want to be circumcised?

from the photos in your gallery the problem seems to be a very light case of phimosis. you're able to get full retraction of the foreskin and you're still young enough for alternative treatments. steroid creams and manual stretching if the easiest and least invasive method.

if the surgery is still a few weeks off, ya can ask ya doc for the steroid script... the issue might well resolved before your surgery date. with the rise of antibiotic-resistant infection post surgery it's best to avoid unnecessary procedure.

if ya do a search on circumcision ya will find a few threads started by guys before and after their surgery.

if nothing else, get a second opinion :smile:

Sound advise. Always examine all the options, pro's and con's.

I never fully retracted until I was 15-16. Was still tight in my late teens. Manual stretching, use and abuse it worked itself out so to speak.

Had friend that got cut when we were overseas, he was on bed rest and light duty for a few days. Also walked around with a can of spray-on painkiller. He had a pretty big cock already, when he was recovering the thing was unbelievably swelled.

I can't say it's better or not better having it done, but to me personally it looked like to much pain for too little benefit.

Vagus

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Do some research on your own and get other doctor's opinions. There are alternatives to circumcision, non-surgical and surgical. If you're looking to have it done for other reasons besides medical ones be honest with yourself about that.

Also bear in mind which parts of your penis skin you find sensitive and how you enjoy sex. There are different "styles/results" of circumcision. You may end up having sensitive tissue removed, like the inner foreskin and frenulum, which you could regret. Or you may end up liking it more.

Harrylondon01

Expert Member
Media
Are you sure you need to get circumcised? From your pics it looks like some stretching would sort that out. I went to my GP who said that circumcision was the only answer. I did not believe him and I went to a different doctor. Mine was like yours and I just stretched it out in the shower and with some steroid cream. Can you get a second opinion?

Do you want to get circumcised anyway, regardless? Some guys just want to be circumcised. My foreskin gives me a lot of pleasure, despite what my doctor said, there was little chance of me having my foreskin removed.

Just make sure you know what you want, what your gut feeling is, and stick to it.
Best of luck.

D_Dom_Focker

Experimental Member
Media
Go for it. I got cut at 25 as I had a light case of phimosis and i wish i had been cut sooner. I went for a low and tight cut and find it much better.

I wasn't in any pain after the op, but the stitches were itchy for 5-10 days after the op. Just make sure u have some supportive underwear for the first week after the op.

maxcok

Expert Member
Media
I would make sure you educate yourself fully on what you're going to lose with this procedure (more than you may think) and investigate fully any nonsurgical alternatives to solving your unspecified "few problems in the past". I would not rely on the recommendation of one, or necessarily even more than one doctor. Who knows what his (their) motivations are?

Remember, there's no going back.

cjfp18

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Thanks for all of you're advise. My foreskin has been tairing during sex and i have split my 'little cord' several times which takes ages to repair! I don't mind the look of curcumcision, so thats not an issue. Also its cleaner i guess..

Countryguy63

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
C'mon guys, :cool:

This is an ADULT, choosing to be circ'ed as a last resort for medical reasons, At the recommendation of his Dr. Give him a break:rolleyes:

He's not asking about your pro or con battle remarks, he's asking for some help from those who have been through it.

cjfp, A friend of mine on here also got cut as an adult. I can't recall how long he told me that the recovery was, but I don't think it was long. As far as changing, just the look of it changed, not size or even sensitivity.

Hope everything turns out successful for you.

D

deleted213967

Had it done in my 20s too. PM me if you need any more details. I wouldn't want to attract the Cirque Police.

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
here is an information sheet about what to expect before, during and after your procedure.

eta: a circ FAQ

going by past threads recovery is short, a week or two. the main complaints have been painful night time erections during the first days of recovery.

some suggestions...

sleeping on your side has been suggested to reduce pain.

a couple of guys mentioned the glans being over sensitive for the first few weeks. but as the skin thickened from exposure to clothes and drying from air contact things settle down nicely.

do not remove the compression wrap until the doc okay's it.

if you've exhausted all other options i suggest you ask the doctor to take off little skin as possible. since you've been intact your whole life you might miss the feeling of skin moement.

eta: ask the doctor to leave your frenulum untouched. is not necessary to remove during the operation.

plus, if you want to modify it later, you can. but you so can't have it reattached.

ml
good luck and quick healing

Last edited: