I'm being circumcised..

maxcok

Expert Member
Media
Your point being?
Oh, I don't know . . . maybe that people have different ideas about what is "aesthetic", and different reasons for modifying their penises, reasons which aren't always clear.

I'm sure many would be shocked by what you've done, but what if that were the cultural norm and we were conditioned to it? Wouldn't most people want to conform? Is it that different from circumcision in that context?

It's said a picture's worth a thousand words. There's a lot to ponder there. I'll leave it at that.

Reactions: DildoShwaggins
D

deleted213967

Of course you think that, because you've been culturally conditioned to think being circumcised is aesthetically pleasing and you've been pressured to conform. If you grew up in a culture where circumcision was rare and/or not a mark of affluence, you would think it looked quite unnatural and bizarre.

Riiiiiight!

I was also "culturally conditioned" to be attracted to pussy, from age 0, and that's why today, I am up to 1% straight (given the right amount of alcohol)!

Having a "mature" conversation with your kind is tantamount to trying to reason about the merits of a market-based economy with a senile Soviet bureaucrat circa 1973.

Sorry, I don't speak langue de bois.

Riven650

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
It's amazing the number of males on this site who have issues with their circumcisions.

Not just on this site. (IMHO) Infant circumcision and modern western culture are not a good mix. I don't think anyone should circumcise anyone else against their will, so the lobby against circumcision are absolutely right on human rights ground, but their arguments cause anxiety among those who have lost their foreskins before they had a chance to object. I just want to say to those guys: Chill. It's okay. The foreskin might have lots of nerve endings, but (again, IMHO) you don't need your foreskin in order to function (brilliantly) sexually. I'm not sure how easy it is, but try not to look at your circumcised cock as having been damaged/violated, because it's going to be very difficult to build a positive relationship with your cock when you have that mind set. Just think of all those guys who think their cock is too small. It's terribly self defeating to hold on to those negative feelings. Thing to do is to love your cock, and then you stand a chance of allowing others to love it too.

mandoman

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
go for it! listen to the medical experts, not the (mostly well meaning) folks on this site. nothing is going to change in size or shape. you will enjoy the new look and feel.

Yep. Easy for you to say. I listened to my kid's pediatrician, who said he needed a circumcision at age 3. He said sex would be like wearing two condoms, and that the phimosis would never clear by itself. Two other doctors, a urologist, and another doctor confirmed his findings.
All three were wrong. They did not have even the most basic understanding of male anatomy. The foreskin is often not retractable at three. In the vast majority of cases, it is retractable by puberty. This was just basic ignorance, reinforced by the status quo.
It's cheap advice, and worth every penny.
Sometimes, common sense trumps medical advice, especially when there is a pre-existing bias on the part of the doctor. Circumcision is a necessity, sometimes. Like frostbite.
The condition the original poster described? The most common bad advice doctors commonly issue.

mandoman

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I'm not sure who exactly your post is directed at. It appears you were directing it towards the OP, which is fine, but nowhere in any of his posts did he mention anything about a smell. That was mentioned by another poster.

I'm interested in knowing how you know for a fact that he has a yeast infection.

The symptoms have been described thousands of times, in places like healthboards.com.
The tearing of the foreskin is the most common symptom.

D

deleted556573

Yep. Easy for you to say. I listened to my kid's pediatrician, who said he needed a circumcision at age 3. He said sex would be like wearing two condoms, and that the phimosis would never clear by itself. Two other doctors, a urologist, and another doctor confirmed his findings.
All three were wrong. They did not have even the most basic understanding of male anatomy. The foreskin is often not retractable at three. In the vast majority of cases, it is retractable by puberty. This was just basic ignorance, reinforced by the status quo.
It's cheap advice, and worth every penny.
Sometimes, common sense trumps medical advice, especially when there is a pre-existing bias on the part of the doctor. Circumcision is a necessity, sometimes. Like frostbite.
The condition the original poster described? The most common bad advice doctors commonly issue.

With all due respect, the OP is an adult, not a 3 year old child. He's had time to grow up and his foreskin has been given ample opportunity to retract on its own, which it has not.

mandoman

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Agree 100%. No smegma buildup to cope with and much easier to care for even in-between showers...You never know when a BJ can hit. :biggrin1:

I haven't seen smegma since I was 4, and skinned back for the first time.
What a burden your body must have been.

socalanfmodel

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
i've been circumcised as an adult. best thing ever! its been 5 years this december so if you are looking for some fresh advice pm me. :D

mandoman

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Last week in Baltimore, I heard a presentation at the Johns Hopkins 21st Annual Clinicial Care of the Patient with HIV Conference. Dr. Tom Quinn, who deals in facts and who was part of the original Rakai circumcision study, explained that the study was stopped early because circumcision was proven to reduce the acquisition of HIV. A poster with five year follow-up data was on display at CROI in Boston a few weeks ago. Here is the link to the abstract: CROI 2011 Paper #36
I imagine that many men who live in a place like Rakai, Uganda where 19% of the woman between the ages of 15 and 65 are HIV-infected feel quite enthusiastic about a biomedical prevention method that offers a 68% rate of protection from acquisition of HIV.
The numbers here are facts. Not bias, guesses or underinformed opinion.

Did you ask about the six African countries where men are *more* likely to be HIV+ if they've been circumcised: Cameroon, Ghana, Lesotho, Malawi, Rwanda, and Swaziland. Eg in Malawi, the HIV rate is 13.2% among circumcised men, but only 9.5% among intact men. In Rwanda, the HIV rate is 3.5% among circumcised men, but only 2.1% among intact men. If circumcision really worked against AIDS, this just wouldn't happen.
I didn't think so.
Did you ask why the rate of HIV infection is so much higher in the US, where men are more often circumcised, than it is in Europe, where circumcision is rare?
I didn't think so.

Reactions: victorlna

mandoman

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
With all due respect, the OP is an adult, not a 3 year old child. He's had time to grow up and his foreskin has been given ample opportunity to retract on its own, which it has not.

Once cured of the yeast infection, which takes about a week, he could stretch without damage. Most likely, in two to six weeks, he would have a functional foreskin, and could forego losing 50% of the skin of his penis, and a long recovery period.

D

deleted213967

i've been circumcised as an adult. best thing ever! its been 5 years this december so if you are looking for some fresh advice pm me. :D

Amazing we have to use PMs to circum...vent the shrill Prepuce Polizei!

...and this thread is supposed to be about free-will, adult circumcision.

Last edited by a moderator:

maxcok

Expert Member
Media
Riiiiiight!

I was also "culturally conditioned" to be attracted to pussy, from age 0, and that's why today, I am up to 1% straight (given the right amount of alcohol)!
Really? Are you sure you want to go with that analogy? Can I quote you:
[FONT=&quot]Please, more of the deranged, yet so entertaining analogies...:rolleyes:[/FONT]
Sexual orientation, unlike circumcision status, is a psychosexual drive deeply ingrained in a person's psyche. Everything we've learned indicates that it cannot be changed. Nevertheless, many men go to great extremes trying to change it due to social pressure and cultural conditioning, but to no avail, doing great harm to themselves and others, sometimes ruining lives in the process. Changing circumcision status by contrast is easily achieved with a simple surgical procedure -- one snip and it's done. Unfortunately it only works one direction, and there's no going back. Your analogy comparing sexual orientation with circumcision is absurd.
or should I say "deranged"?

Having a "mature" conversation with your kind is tantamount to trying to reason about the merits of a market-based economy with a senile Soviet bureaucrat circa 1973.
My "kind"? What, pray tell, is my "kind"? Note more personal insults and more "deranged analogies".
Further lack of 'maturity' as well as the blatant irony displayed by your comments couldn't be more obvious.

Seriously, are you kidding me?! I along with several other posters have advocated for natural body integrity, especially for nonconsenting infants and children, with a series of reasonable, well-informed, well-referenced arguments based in science -- biology, physiology, psychology -- as well as in a basic sense of humanity.
You by contrast have petulantly pushed your pro-circumcision bias, which is based on nothing more than that it is in your personal opinion "neater, cuter and cleaner-looking". The "neater, cuter" argument is plain and simple cultural conditioning, and though you deny it, you cannot prove otherwise. Your "cleaner" argument is stranger still.
You even went to some length to expound upon how it is "cheaper" and "faster" to maintain a circumcised penis, presumably because of the great savings on soap, and going so far as to time your washing with a stopwatch:
[FONT=&quot]Yes, cleaning is better, faster, cheaper, period. No amount of PC crapola can alter a fact I can measure with a stopwatch...[/FONT]
In all the crazy shit slinging I've seen in these circumcision threads, I've ever seen anyone advance such a ridiculous argument for circumcision as the amount of time and money saved from washing an intact penis. :rolleyes:
And you brought it up not once, not twice, but three times.

If that weren't enough, you complain about not having a "mature conversation" while you pepper your posts with rude, sarcastic, childish insults, belittling everyone who advocates for body integrity en masse as "irrational religious fanatics" and more. Shall I remind you?

. . . . a senile Soviet bureaucrat circa 1973.
I wouldn't want to attract the Cirque Police.
Unlike most of the prepuce-obsessed contributors, . . .
[FONT=&quot]Please, more of the deranged, yet so entertaining analogies...:rolleyes:

Ironically, when it comes to this topic, the most fanatic, irrational and religious are invariably members of your own cohort of smegma worshipers.
[/FONT]
Amazing we have to use PMs to circum...vent the shrill Prepuce Polizei!
"shrill"? Note the exclamation point and further irony. You, more than anyone here, have conducted yourself in this discussion like a rude, petulant child on the verge of a tantrum. You alone have engaged in a string of nasty name-calling. Then you have the audacity to say that I am incapable of "mature conversation"? LMFAO!

I feel sorry that you have such negative feelings about this issue, that you apparently despise this natural body part so much, your own and everyone else's, that you have to reduce it to a vile smelly "smegma" collector.
Be a crusader and an evangelist for circumcision if you must, but find another way to work out your emotional issues, and stop projecting your vitriol onto those who are armed with solid science and common sense.

Sorry, I don't speak langue de bois.
Vous parlez l'ironie. Vous parlez absurdité. Vous parlez comme un enfant.

Last edited:

maxcok

Expert Member
Media
It's amazing the number of males on this site who have issues with their circumcisions.
Isn't it? It's amazing too how resistent many of them are to opening their minds to information.
It seems at times that their defensiveness comes from trying to convince themselves of something.

...and this thread is supposed to be about free-will, adult circumcision.
It is impossible to talk about the subject without the issue of routine infant circumcision eventually entering in. Why, you spoke of it yourself:
[FONT=&quot]The only thing that sucked was not to have been circumcised as an infant: that would have been less risky and vastly less costly in every conceivable way.[/FONT]
..:rolleyes:

As far as I can see no one has stood in the way of the OP making an adult decision. I certainly haven't. Read my posts from the beginning. I and other posters have advised him to be educated, to seek other medical opinions, to consider less radical solutions to his problems if appropriate, and to make sure he really wants to make this irreversible choice. What's wrong with that? Why are you so threatened by these opinions and this information that you have to berate people? Do you really need more members for your circumcision club?

right he is an adult he can choose what to do with his cock
Yes, and isn't he fortunate he has the option to make a well-informed choice?
No doubt there are millions of other men who wish they could but can't. Talk about lack of "free will".

Last edited:

VernalTiger

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
For what it's worth, I've been with my uncircumcised boyfriend for three years. In that time I've never once, once seen or smelt or tasted smegma, whether at the end a 43C day or first thing in the morning, pre-shower. And it's because he was taught basic hygiene - retract and wash. And he still spends longer washing his face or feet than his cock.