I'm Black.

marleyisalegend

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
What are you talking about Marley? That is the truth and if you look at I'm presenting it even more negatively! Stealing is one thing, it's not good, but murder too? Give it a think. We came we murdered, we stayed.

We shot the buffalo just to starve them.
We infected them with something on some blankets, but I don't remember what it was.

The above came from Howard Zinn's "A People's History of America" and I sure didn't read that in high school. They would have freaked at the brutal truth.

we're in agreement, maybe you misread my statement. i was saying that people who believe settlers came over here, had turkey dinner with natives and shared the land are blind to the truth about how this country was formed. i''m not saying anyone today had anything to do with it, obviously, but it'd be ignorant to say this country was formed without criminal activity by our forefathers

psidom

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
ya know what im sorry but get over the whole the whites stole the natives land it happend a long freakin time ago..
wow...:eek:
the vatican funded christopher columbus.
jesuits sent in missionaries that poisoned the natives with blankets covered in small pox.

popular christianity saw it as justified because the vatican saw it as gods will. (they were savage heathens)
just like the war on terror.
notice the roman empire was destroyed and the vatican was built
funded the discovery of the new world for gold making the indians mine it.
so many died,you are a crazy girl christina.:wink:

marleyisalegend

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
ya know what im sorry but get over the whole the whites stole the natives land it happend a long freakin time ago..
wow...:eek:
the vatican funded christopher columbus.
jesuits sent in missionaries that poisoned the natives with blankets covered in small pox.

popular christianity saw it as justified because the vatican saw it as gods will. (they were savage heathens)
just like the war on terror.
notice the roman empire was destroyed and the vatican was built
funded the discovery of the new world for gold making the indians mine it.
so many died,you are a crazy girl christina.:wink:

god thankyou, it irks me the way people ignore the savagery this country was founded under, they question why they weren't taught this in schools and forget that we live under a government that constantly hides the truth about its failings and shortcomings. the deception of high-school history textbooks may be proven by the giant leaps it makes, jumping from one period to another with major or minor missing points. that may not be the case but either way you can't deny the criminal activity of the founding fathers of this country, their hands were certainly far from clean

*on a side note lol i wonder if the OP ever returns to this thread, we seemed to have launched into our own tangent

yurkon

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
What amazes me is some evil stuff wasn't so long ago. I remember reading black men in our military saying they were injected with something in one our many wars and it made them sick. I remember reading it thinking, man are they paranoid. Then several years ago as a result of the freedom of info act, sure enough, they were. I wish I could remember what it was, but it was reprehensible. The reason I didn't originally believe it is because it seemed way too far fetched and evil. It's pretty sick when the reality and the truth come to light.

We screwed the Natives too. We'd negotiate and then not keep our end of the bargain. We'd re-negotiate and do the same. Did it several times. The natives welcomed us and we enslaved and killed many of them. They helped us fight in the Revolution, dying for our cause and for that we lied to them.

What some people don't get is that they don't want money. They want some good land and a lot of it and be left alone.

Even after screwing them, they helped in WW2.

marleyisalegend

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
What amazes me is some evil stuff wasn't so long ago. I remember reading black men in our military saying they were injected with something in one our many wars and it made them sick. I remember reading it thinking, man are they paranoid. Then several years ago as a result of the freedom of info act, sure enough, they were. I wish I could remember what it was, but it was reprehensible. The reason I didn't originally believe it is because it seemed way too far fetched and evil. It's pretty sick when the reality and the truth come to light.

We screwed the Natives too. We'd negotiate and then not keep our end of the bargain. We'd re-negotiate and do the same. Did it several times. The natives welcomed us and we enslaved and killed many of them. They helped us fight in the Revolution, dying for our cause and for that we lied to them.

What some people don't get is that they don't want money. They want some good land and a lot of it and be left alone.

Even after screwing them, they helped in WW2.

exactly. it seems some americans are blinded by their pride in their country. i can't fault you for pride but it sometiems leads to terribly misguided opinions. the reason i don't understand the war on terror is why we're fighting it overseas when its so prevelant in our own country. there are rivers of blood on america's hands and it's sad that some people turn a blind eye to that

christina

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
well maybe where u come from thats how it is but not up here its sad really! cause up here they totally fit the stereotype of the typical "indian" and like i said i know they arent all this but up there they totally use the govt. and they DO want money up here that is. and why does everyone think that we owe them something. get fucked once shame on us get fucked again shame on them sorry thats how it is.

marleyisalegend

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
well maybe where u come from thats how it is but not up here its sad really! cause up here they totally fit the stereotype of the typical "indian" and like i said i know they arent all this but up there they totally use the govt. and they DO want money up here that is. and why does everyone think that we owe them something. get fucked once shame on us get fucked again shame on them sorry thats how it is.

so my question is have you interviewed every single indian?? if so it wouldn't be fair to group them together as a "they" and suggest that they all function under the same mentalities, that's prejudice and hopefully you realize that you yourself are employing stereotypes which may represent a majority, but certainly not all. no one's saying you owe them, we were just discussing their mistreatment

*on another side-note, i wonder if the OP realizes what a can of worms he opened by titling his thread 'i'm black' lol

christina

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
thats why i said up here. thats how most are up here i dont know how other natives are in other parts of the country. the ones up here for the most part do fit the steroetype thats just how it is and if u ever saw them then u would agree

christina

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
*on another side-note, i wonder if the OP realizes what a can of worms he opened by titling his thread 'i'm black' lol[/quote]

lol and i still dont give two flyin biscuts that hes black, orange, purple, green, or white. does it really make a difference.

yurkon

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
exactly. it seems some americans are blinded by their pride in their country. i can't fault you for pride but it sometiems leads to terribly misguided opinions. the reason i don't understand the war on terror is why we're fighting it overseas when its so prevelant in our own country. there are rivers of blood on america's hands and it's sad that some people turn a blind eye to that

Right there with you. Not sure where we are going with the war on terror. It's cost us much bank and some privacy so far. You mentioned "river of blood" and my mind snapped to war and wars. I wonder what the longest period america wasn't at war or in a conflict with someone? I'm gonna have to look that up sometime. Maybe between WW2 to the korean war? Or whatever we had going on prior to WW1?

B_DEATHbyCARROT

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
so my question is have you interviewed every single indian?? if so it wouldn't be fair to group them together as a "they" and suggest that they all function under the same mentalities, that's prejudice and hopefully you realize that you yourself are employing stereotypes which may represent a majority, but certainly not all. no one's saying you owe them, we were just discussing their mistreatment

*on another side-note, i wonder if the OP realizes what a can of worms he opened by titling his thread 'i'm black' lol

Actually I was just curious as to what people would say back if i declared my blackness... Had no idea it would somehow turn into a debate about native americans.

B_cigarbabe

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
ya know what im sorry but get over the whole the whites stole the natives land it happend a long freakin time ago. and with all there pissin and monin about it most of them at least here in ND get govt. money twice a month on the 1st and the 15th (im not saying it's like that all over cause i dont now) but here we have several reservations, and they all get there money. And you still here them complain how the land was stolen, and how its some great injustice.

Sorry but what more do they want! they dont have to pay for really much of anything at least here they dont. they get houseing, food, free college, and money from the govt twice a month. honestly i wouldnt be complaining, i think over al they came out pretty good.

I'm black. I'm also Pamunkey Indian and white.
Something must be wrong with your mind Christina when you think that
a measly check twice a month eradicates everything that has been done to native americans.The fact that it happened "a long time ago" doesn't negate all the wrongs and the hurt's that people involved in this still feel and talk about to this day.It is sad when you try and justify what happened to Native people as Okay because "we give them everything
free" or they deserved it for being "stupid" somehow.
Shame on them? Shit. Shame on you.
Did you ever think that the problems they have now are directly correlated to what's happened to them as a people?
Bullshit.
cigarbabe:saevil:

marleyisalegend

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Right there with you. Not sure where we are going with the war on terror. It's cost us much bank and some privacy so far. You mentioned "river of blood" and my mind snapped to war and wars. I wonder what the longest period america wasn't at war or in a conflict with someone? I'm gonna have to look that up sometime. Maybe between WW2 to the korean war? Or whatever we had going on prior to WW1?

lol there's always going to be a war, i just wish that if nothing else, this war would wake our young people up and make them realize this country is only as great as we allow it to be. politics can be corrupt and self-serving and we continually allow this to continue by putting our headphones on and ignoring the fact that while we're paying 19 dollars a gallon for gas and 60 dollars for a dozen eggs, our governors are spending 10,000 on skanky hookers. personally since i started working i've always felt uncomfortable that the there is a decent sized portion taken from my check every week and i have no idea where that money goes. i wonder how easy it would be to get a hold of records of state, local, and us spending to see just how badly they're mismanaging the money i wake up at 4 in the morning and work til midnight to make

yurkon

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Actually I was just curious as to what people would say back if i declared my blackness... Had no idea it would somehow turn into a debate about native americans.

That's why I love it here. When I saw your post I was wondering what it would spawn into. No way was that inital statement gonna just sit there. I love it that you didn't bother to ask a question and just made a statement. Some other time try one even more vanilla like, "it's going to rain" or "it's hot".

christina

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I'm black. I'm also Pamunkey Indian and white.
Something must be wrong with your mind Christina when you think that
a measly check twice a month eradicates everything that has been done to native americans.The fact that it happened "a long time ago" doesn't negate all the wrongs and the hurt's that people involved in this still feel and talk about to this day.It is sad when you try and justify what happened to Native people as Okay because "we give them everything
free" or they deserved it for being "stupid" somehow.
Shame on them? Shit. Shame on you.
Did you ever think that the problems they have now are directly correlated to what's happened to them as a people?
Bullshit.
cigarbabe:saevil:

im sorry i really dont wana sound rude here but get over it. it happened yeah it wasnt an ideal situation but it happened. why do we have to try and make up for it for the rest of our lives um i dont think we sould.

marleyisalegend

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
im sorry i really dont wana sound rude here but get over it. it happened yeah it wasnt an ideal situation but it happened. why do we have to try and make up for it for the rest of our lives um i dont think we sould.

who's not over it?? discussing something doesn't mean you're not over it and since none of us suffered what we're discussing, there's nothing to get over. the holocaust is over but we still talk about that. i think its impossible to forget that human beings are capable of such acts

faceking

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'm Black. That is all... Thank you.

Congrats.. even though you are impossibly black. i am ... impossibly white, and take great offense to being called white.

Fax paper is white... my skin, much less the greatest albino is white.....

So... if folk don't like being called black, yellow, brown, red... don't never refer to anyone as whitey. ya dig???

peace...

tripod

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
my heritage may be of asian decent, but i am all american.

Asians have been in this country for a VERY long time and America would be REALLY strange without it's Asian flavor... America is VERY Asian!!

You are pink at best! lol!!!!!

lol and i still dont give two flyin biscuts that hes black, orange, purple, green, or white. does it really make a difference.

If you don't give two flyin' biscuits then you are mos def a honky!!!

So... if folk don't like being called black, yellow, brown, red... don't never refer to anyone as whitey. ya dig???

Can I call you Cracker? lol!!!!

who's not over it?? discussing something doesn't mean you're not over it and since none of us suffered what we're discussing, there's nothing to get over. the holocaust is over but we still talk about that. i think its impossible to forget that human beings are capable of such acts

I like the way that you think Marley... you have the right mind for the 21st century... you must be a Dickens fan! lol!!!!