I'm Canadian Now!

midlifebear

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight

Nope. 'Mericuhns (except the coastal variety) just can't wrap their brains around the concept of Clamato Juice (although almost every grocery store carries it). We tend to double the vodka, splat a bit of ground horseradish in it, two or three chunks of ice, Worchestershire Sauce shaken into to the mixture, maybe garlic salt, then top with Hot V-8 Juice and a couple shakes of Tobasco. Strain into tall, cold glass. Of course, shrubbery is mandatory. Best is an inner stalk of celery replete with crisp leaves. Some folks (San Francisco) are getting pissy and using stalks of pickled asparagus.

However, Earlogjalamahama: Best wishes on getting your different colored passport. The umlaut native Canadians insist they cannot hear in out and about will easily come to you and don't forget to brush up on the more recent Canadian Shift - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. It has become a serious issue. Now, go find a good bakery and enjoy some heart-healthy sausage rolls.

The mid of the life bear entitity

earllogjam

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Congrats! Go out and have a few beers and wear your toque with pride! Have some poutine after the bar and wipe up with a serviette. If someone bumps into you, make sure you apologize. Go home, take off your mukluks and pass out on the chesterfield. In the morning, make sure you get yourself a bagel BELT & a coffee at Timmy's! Welcome, hoser!

Just as long as I don't have to shop at Roots, thank you.

Good for you.
Now the NIS,CIA,FBI and everyone else knows too....
Cuba would be great, but why Iran? Curious.

Why Iran? Probably because it was forbidden for so long for Americans. Always want to experience the forbidden.

So am I suppose to assume that you are also an American citizen since you mentioned you can NOW go to Cuba and Iran??
Yes, I have a US Citizenship but intend to keep my Canadian one secret. Not sure if the US recognizes dual citizenships.

ehhh... ! Congrats and welcome!
Now boy, can ya make love in a canoe? I have 158 Canadian Tire dollars that say you can't.

congrats on the dual citizenship and if you do go to cuba and certainly iran, i would keep the american part your little secret!!
Thanks tgirl!

Even in 80s Europe it was quite useful to pretend at times to be from Thunder Bay. Congrats.
10Q

Pours a Caesar for earllogjam

and plays the

Log Driver's Waltz

Welcome, ya Canucklehead!
Thanks Rob, I'm looking forward to curling....wearing a toque, and watching Dudley Doo Right reruns.

However, Earlogjalamahama: Best wishes on getting your different colored passport. The umlaut native Canadians insist they cannot hear in out and about will easily come to you and don't forget to brush up on the more recent Canadian Shift - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. It has become a serious issue. Now, go find a good bakery and enjoy some heart-healthy sausage rolls.

The mid of the life bear entitity
Thanks MLB. I need to start spelling the Canadian way too...colour, harbour, and centre. The Canadian passport is navy blue like the US, maybe closer to black. I was surprised that my $97 fee only buys a passport good for only 5 years as opposed to the 10 year US passport. Is everything more expensive in Canada?

Cuddler

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Yes, I have a US Citizenship but intend to keep my Canadian one secret. Not sure if the US recognizes dual citizenships.

Next time you renew your US passport you'll be asked if you naturalized another citizenship since you last renewed. You'll have to say yes and fill out a form saying that you did it without the intention of losing your US citizenship. Presto. Everybody knows, you've told the truth, and you get to hold both passports.

Even swearing allegiance to the queen and her heirs at the citizenship ceremony doesn't cancel your US citizenship, as long as you're up front about it when you renew your US passport.

And always enter and leave the US with your US passport. It's a pain to carry both, but it's not that bad.

BTW, I'm an expat, and I naturalized about 10 years ago.

Beaker44

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
"Yes, I have a US Citizenship but intend to keep my Canadian one secret. Not sure if the US recognizes dual citizenships."
The US DOESN'T recognise dual citizenship though Canada DOES. If you are entering the US show your US passport but if you are travelling out of the US you can show your Canadian one.