Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
Ok that was a really ridiculous double entendre i know...

This morning i woke up and realized one of my 12 crabs kicked the bucket. He wasnt feeling so well since we brought him home, as many places that sell them don't give them the proper crabitat to be healthy.

Yesterday i thought he might have been molting so i moved him to an isolation tank so he could do this peacefully. The molting process is very hard on them physically so if they die, they often die during this process.

It broke my heart to see him completely out of his shell curled up like that today. I plan on burrying him and having our daughter have a part of this ceromy because shes 6 now and hasnt experienced the loss of a family member or pet.

Crabs owners get very attached to their babies, especially when you take care of a sick one like Red around the clock. I changed my avatar to a photo of me with my jumbo crab Queen Elizabeth. She's so sweet and loves to sleep in my robe pocket. They get to know your voice and schedule and can become such a part of the family.

It's never easy to lose a pet, i hope not to lose anymore as our crabitat is quite elaborate and they can live up to 30 years old. Thanks for hearing my story as i felt a little disappointed that all i tried to do to save that boy didnt work.

-Mommy of 11 crabs (Elizabeth, Verde, Scarlet, Lavendar, Gizmo, Flower, Elmo, Shelby, Nellie the minicrab, Sparkle, Twinkle)

B_boynextdoorkpt

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
I am so sorry Madamoiselle Rouge, I know how attached we are to our animal babies. I cannot imagine loosing them. I wish you peace and comfort and think it is a wonderful idea to include your daughter in the process.

Tattooed Goddess

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
I am so sorry Madamoiselle Rouge, I know how attached we are to our animal babies. I cannot imagine loosing them. I wish you peace and comfort and think it is a wonderful idea to include your daughter in the process.

Your new avatar is doing a good job distracting me right now....

Tattooed Goddess

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
MMMM, I just got a mental image of your great tits, my hands could play with them as my tounge plays with your clit!!!!!!!!!

ok ok ok, PM me with that stuff, this is the epitaph for my dear crab Red......

You naughty boy! :tongue:

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'm sorry for your loss Madamoiselle Rouge and hope this experience does not have a negative effect on your daughter. :frown:

I am sorry, but I have to ask, what possessed you to buy 12 hermit crabs? :confused: Twelve of anything sounds like going overboard to me.

Tattooed Goddess

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
I'm sorry for your loss Madamoiselle Rouge and hope this experience does not have a negative effect on your daughter. :frown:

I am sorry, but I have to ask, what possessed you to buy 12 hermit crabs? :confused: Twelve of anything sounds like going overboard to me.

Well Elizabeth is my huge one the other ones are probably an inch or so wide, maybe 2 inches with some of their shells.

They travel in packs in the wild and sleep in clusters. I started out with 2 small ones and when you buy everything you need to outfit them, they are like fish you might as well add more to the tank.

They eat very little food and they are the coolest things to watch at night in their moonlit tank because they are nocturnal (like myself).

They are better than fish because you can get them out and hold them and let them play on the bed with you. You don't have to have a litter box and they don't need walks in the hot or cold weather.

When i go back to the store to get things for them i fall in love with a few more that are active and fearless. Quite addictive indeed ;)

Mine all live in a 20 gallon tank.

B_sugarandspice

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Well Elizabeth is my huge one the other ones are probably an inch or so wide, maybe 2 inches with some of their shells.

They travel in packs in the wild and sleep in clusters. I started out with 2 small ones and when you buy everything you need to outfit them, they are like fish you might as well add more to the tank.

They eat very little food and they are the coolest things to watch at night in their moonlit tank because they are nocturnal (like myself).

They are better than fish because you can get them out and hold them and let them play on the bed with you. You don't have to have a litter box and they don't need walks in the hot or cold weather.

When i go back to the store to get things for them i fall in love with a few more that are active and fearless. Quite addictive indeed ;)

Mine all live in a 20 gallon tank.
Wow, that is so cool.
I will have to check it out.
Can you leave them for long periods of time or would they need a sitter?

Tattooed Goddess

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
It's okay, i'm up to 15 healthy crabs. I bought a few more jumbos, come to find out they are atleast 15 years old to be their size. They are quite hearty. I've since moved them all to a 50 gallon tank and they are happy little hermies.