I'm curious, how many of the ladies on here.......

Discussion in 'Women's Issues' started by D_Polyxena Pasties, Jun 29, 2010.

1. D_Polyxena Pasties

D_Polyxena Pasties New Member

Have met a guy in person that they conected with off this site? I've sent people I knew in the real world to this site because I think it's pretty awesome, but I've never met anyone here first.

Infact, I usually don't meet people from the internet. Or I should say I haven't in years unless it deals with my business and such.

This week I spoke to two different men on this site who were actually upset, and I think offended that I said that I would never meet them in person.

I do know a lot of the men have met up with eachother and such... So I'm wondering if I'm the odd ball on the site? Do you ladies meet guys off here?:confused:

2. dolfette

Gold Member

nope.
    i'm not here for sex.

3. HiddenLacey

Gold Member

Albums:
    Nope! I haven't any plans to do anything of the sort either! Let them get mad, just shrug it off!

I have never met anyone in person off of the internet. Anyone that I have ever had the slightest inclination to meet has been to far away for it to be possible (and I still don't mean I want to meet them for sex, thats still a no).

#3 HiddenLacey, Jun 29, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 29, 2010
  4. D_Polyxena Pasties

D_Polyxena Pasties New Member

Yeah, I didn't care if they got mad. 95% of them men on here who message me end up being pissed off. But I actually was curious if any of you ladies were meeting men from here.

5. dolfette

Gold Member

some guys assume that being on this site means we owe them sex. they're mental, obviously. not our problem.

6. HiddenLacey

Gold Member

Albums:
    That's a LARGE Hell No! Who cares if they are pissed, NEXT, I'm right there with you! There are guys on this site that actually chit-chat and do not feel as though you owe them anything and some of them are pretty amazing :)

#6 HiddenLacey, Jun 29, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 29, 2010
  7. dolfette

Gold Member

the guys i'm more likely to meet {not for sex. just because it'd be cool to chat face to face} are the ones who'd understand if i wouldn't and who take the time to talk to me like i'm more than just a hole.

8. D_Sparroe Spongecaques

I met two but not for sex,just as they live fairly near me and i get on well with them.

The closest we got was greeting eachother with a kiss on the cheek.

9. Embrace69

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I haven't met anyone from this website and don't really intend to. I've met people over the internet before just not related to a site that strictly deals with sex.

10. Chastig

Chastig New Member

As a guy, I think that it's only natural that since we are talking about sex that many of us think that we can use this as a hookup site (why not, isn't that what Al Gore invented the world wide web for).

However, we just need to keep in mind to respect each others. Talking about sex does weird things to the male mind... I must admit, while I haven't hookedup with anyone from this site, it's only becuase I don't know anyone in my area that is on here.

11. sbat

sbat New Member

But I thought that was in the ToS?

12. thetramp

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    maybe i am different and people like me are the minority here, but i have never looked at this place as a hookup place, and never had that intention. I am here for different reason.

13. Enid

Gold Member

Albums:
    My home is wherever reality seems elastic and the
    I have met a handful of people (men & women) from here in real life, platonic meetings. They're all wonderful people.

Best of luck and hope you find what you're looking for.

14. EllieP

Staff Member Moderator Gold Member

Albums:
    Never met anyone through the site, but hubby's on here now and then. Does that count? But I didn't meet him here. In fact, I woudn't be here if it weren't for him.

Anyway, no intention of hooking up and hanging out with anybody here. Except him, of course.

15. HazelGod

Gold Member

Albums:
    Right? Who has time for idiots who only recognize one-third of your true potential? :biggrin1:

16. dolfette

Gold Member

i come with my own ToS.
    bastard :tongue:

hang on...are you dissing my handjobs?

17. sbat

sbat New Member

Easily the hottest thing I've seen you say

in a close second

18. D_Barbi_Dahl

D_Barbi_Dahl Account Disabled

I've met only one person thru this site. He lives 5 minutes away. We met in public and hung out & had fun. That was 2.5 months ago. We are seeing each other now. And it's been nothing but wonderful. He's a great guy who makes me happy.

19. Bbucko

Gold Member

Albums:
    I've met Altered-Ego at the memorial we had for Jason_Els last January. On every level (beauty, wit, intelligence, talent, poise, ease of communication, frankness and openness, personal strength, etc) she exceeded my expectations (which were already pretty high considering her posts). She is simply breathtaking.

Her hubby is an extremely lucky man.

20. AlteredEgo

Gold Member

Albums:
    :redface: Wow! That is extremely high praise from YOU! I was thinking about you today, actually, because I met an enthusiastic designer in a furniture boutique which reminded me of your description of similar stores in your past.

For the curious: Bbucko is handsome, chivalrous, observant, intelligent, disarming, articulate, entertaining, and has excellent taste in pizza and bars. The pleasure was all mine.

Draft saved Draft deleted