I'm depressed!

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by B_mitchymo, May 19, 2009.

1. B_mitchymo

B_mitchymo New Member

I want to put on weight ... at least 1 stone in a week....is that possible? what would i need to eat to add the fat/muscle to my scrawny bones....i hate looking in the mirror at my body....please give advice!

2. D_Jared Padalicki

D_Jared Padalicki Account Disabled

Eat proteinrich food and do some exercises. You will make muscles, and they put more weight in the scale then fat.

3. B_mitchymo

B_mitchymo New Member

what are the richest?

4. nudeyorker

Gold Member

That's all you are depressed about? I have a friend who would love to change shoes with you right about now! You are going to need to work out if you want to add bulk and not just weight! Eat a balanced diet high in carbs and protein. Drink a whey protein shake and take some creatine supplements and have a good 45 minute work out using weights 3-4 days a week!
    Cheer up! I think you look wonderful just the way you are!

5. D_Jared Padalicki

D_Jared Padalicki Account Disabled

Logical eggs, prefer the white, because eggyolk isn't that healthy for cholesterol. You can eat pasta with vegetables and chicken, even cold. Or rice with chicken. Meat is rich on proteins. But the important thing with this is that you do exercices, especially the muscles, not cardio. Then you will see you gain muscles and also weight. Nuts are also rich with proteins, and I mean eatable nuts!:rolleyes:
    Gaining a stone a week is a bit too much and also unhealthy, just the same as loosing waight too fast.

6. laughatbig

laughatbig New Member

Albums:
    Look baby, you have a wonderful lean frame. Just eat to live and you will stay as fine and sexy as you are now. I also love the cock, you are one big boy.

7. DiscoBoy

Gold Member

I'm trying to lose weight, and you're trying to gain weight :tongue:. Funny how these things work.

Anyway, eat 3 meals a day and 3 snacks a day (it's important to fuel your body at regular times if you want to gain weight). Stop drinking beverages with no calories; real fruit juice and sports drinks are great choices (always avoid the soda though). Choose foods that have higher amounts of calories than other foods (for example, potatoes over celery, or bananas over apples). And of course, exercise. That way you'll gain muscle instead of fat.

Hope that helps.

8. B_Think_Kink

B_Think_Kink New Member

Just follow bad habits, eat lots of fattening foods before sleep time.

9. B_mitchymo

B_mitchymo New Member

Thank you, i'll try

Thanx 4 the advice!

10. B_mitchymo

B_mitchymo New Member

Well i still feel miserable but at least i'm smiling now! thx man

11. B_mitchymo

B_mitchymo New Member

thx, sounds good

Do u reckon it would be easier to convert fat to muscle or to build muscle from the beginning

12. MickeyLee

Gold Member

start weight training. start eating a healthier diet.

to add a pound of muscle you need to a gain of 2500 cals. the basic model is 60% complex carbs - whole grains, brown rice, fresh veg, legumes and the like. 20% protein - peanut butter, tofu, skinless chicken breast, nuts, lean beef. the rest of you cals should be filled out with good fats - salmon, avocados, olive oil. if you are working out on the regular aim for about 3500-4000.

overloading on protein isn't the best idea, what you're body doesn't use will turn into fat. not the look you're going for.

work out. if you want to put on bulk ya need to rotate ya work out. the three basics - overload, progression, specify.

overload is the shock to the system. it causes your body to gear/reset it's self to the same level of stress/activity the next time it comes along.

progression is the slow build. working with heavier weight/longer workouts...working forward in small even jumps.

specify your work out to focus on problem areas. if you want broader shoulders, thicker chest meet with a trainer to help you set up a routine.

make sure you don't skip the cardio. very important for keeping body fat levels low and great for your heart. 20-40 mins x3 a week.

don't overdo it. if you over work your body you'll constantly be breaking down what you are trying to build up. 4 days a week is a good pace to aim for. 2 days upper body. 2 days lower body. rest days in between. 1 day between works out to specific muscle groups. 2 days of rest for an intense build & burn workouts.

ml
    quick fix and fast gains never work long term.

13. Joll

Gold Member

Albums:
    Good luck dude. Don't try and do too much at once man - you could think of the weight you'd realistically like to get up to - and aim for it gradually, following some of the advice from previous posts.

Also, doing exercise regularly (even if smallish amounts at first - not overdoing it) should make you feel a bit better - especially if you do some outside to get some daylight too.

14. B_mitchymo

B_mitchymo New Member

Thank you....i might just take my first gym trip so i have some proper guidance

15. B_mitchymo

B_mitchymo New Member

outside??? in broad daylight??? where people can see me??? are you kidding??? lol i need to keep my public exercising to an indoor environment to begin i reckon...i'm real self-conscious you know.....and i could do with a work-out buddy!

16. Zeuhl34

Gold Member

Albums:
    You want to put on 14 pounds in a week? Regardless of how it's done, that sounds dangerous. Speaking as someone who should work to add a bit of mass, I understand where you're coming from, but it's nothing to get depressed over.

17. B_mitchymo

B_mitchymo New Member

your right...its probably just my mid-life crisis come on prematurely.....oh no....now thats really gone and done it! :biggrin1:

18. Joll

Gold Member

Albums:
    lol sorry dude - was just thinking walking or cycling not pumpin any iron outdoors heheh. Was mainly thinking of help for depression rather than muscle-building.

19. B_mitchymo

B_mitchymo New Member

ok cool lol...

....is it not past your bedtime? i got work to go to in less than 6hrs i best go sleep.

20. arthurdent

Gold Member

Albums:
    You can't convert fat into muscle, anymore than you can turn chalk into cheese! They are completely different.

Draft saved Draft deleted