Im developing animosity towards my GF

Finker

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
the more i think about what happened, the more upset i get... so crazy!

She was obviously not mature enough to "get" it. Regardless of what the situation was (in your case her being touchy) she still did not respect your feelings enough. I think you made a wise choice and you'll be smiling back when you think about it again in the future.

Drifterwood

Superior Member
Media
I tend to agree with Petite in that I am not convinced where you are coming from on this one. Her psychology may be quite complicated. It may just be that she feels safer being flirty when she has big strong you. At the same time, I am sure she enjoys all the attention, but as I say, from a safe place. Relationships can give people the feeling of security and confidence to act in ways that they don't show when they are single.

The trouble is that you have told her that you don't like it, and according to you, she is not taking note of your feelings whether you are being silly about it or not. If you are being silly, why should she bow to this precedent, where will it go? Maybe she is immature, maybe you should find someone your own age and/or life experienced. Who knows.

Don't "put her in her place", ask her why she does it and don't accept "because it's me", that doesn't mean anything. If you can't talk this one through then it's def over.

uboat

Just Browsing
Media
I'd have to say that apart from not knowing whether or not your feelings are justified, I'd recommend that the two of you don't belong together based solely upon the language that you use to describe your feelings. They are extreme and harsh and you express little affection or respect for her. I'd say that the relationship was doomed from the first moment that you felt that "animosity" was the most appropriate word to describe your feelings.
Yes, my words and tone towards her on this forum are harsh. But it doesn't mean I do not love her or care for her deeply. In fact, its the opposite. If I didn't care for her or love her, I would not be on this forum expressing how bad her actions made me feel. Im not sure how you operate, but most people as well as myself who do not care about someone do not give them a second though.

Nobody's personality changes. Unless they grow up and realize what/ why things are the way they are or can't keep people in their lives.... They don't change.
In some twisted way, maybe there is someone out there who could appreciate he behavior, but since you don't and it hurts you, I recommend someone who's idea of a relationship mirrors your own.
And I'm not just saying this for your benefit, I really REALLY need to hear it too.
I agree peoples personalities do change in dire situations(like mine for example), but Ive noticed this girl change a lot in the 7 months that i have known her. This girl was with a guy for 2 years and never had any kind of sexual contact with him. But with me she has slooooooooowly come out of her sexual shell and is exploring new things. When we first met she absolutely would not take off her cloths...but lately, she dances in her underwear like nobodies business. But it was hard for her to get that comfortable to do that.

I don't know why but after writing my thought down on this thread and rummaging through the millions of thoughts in my head, i am thinking about writing her a letter. I know I should not be doing this, and I know I may regret it, but im thinking about giving her another chance.

helgaleena

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Stay friends if you care for her, but for goddess sake don't try to make her 'yours'. She has proven herself incapable of what you need for the long term.

If you do end up giving her another chance,you simply need to stop complaining.

She is the way she is and you are the way you are,and you want her to change,which she apparently isn't going to do.

Chantillylace

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
i know i shouldn't but something inside my head is screaming to give it one more shot.

Listen carefully--

If her behavior has not changed and/or your perception of her actions... No amount if love, or chances will make a lick of difference. Period.

I just learned this lesson yesterday.
Good luck either way, and hopefully you Both don't get hurt.

B_New End

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
i know i shouldn't but something inside my head is screaming to give it one more shot.

LoL. you're gonna be in one of those relationships. Cheating, jealousy, horniness, make up, cheating, jealousy, anger, make up, jealousy, break up, horniness, jealousy, make up.

Her friends will roll their eyes when she says you two are back together. Your friends will just laugh, shrug their shoulders, and understand it's all for the nookie.

Seriously, if you want to be in a relationship with her, just try for an open one. You never know how your views might change.

uboat

Just Browsing
Media
Here is the letter i composed. I have not sent it yet. But im waiting. What do you guys think?

"I have not been a perfect person in my life and I acknowledge that no one is perfect in this world. We all have made mistakes. We all have suffered consequences for our actions. Some good, some bad.

I am writing this letter because i am not able to express myself clearly and consciously when I am angry/upset. As I am writing this letter, my emotions and feelings are slowly trying to heal after you crushed them on Saturday night. I am not sure you truly understand the hurt I felt and still feel after the events on last Saturday. I am not sure I can accurately convey to you the deep, personal, blunt pain I felt and feel right now. After thinking about what happened on Saturday, I have come to the conclusion that you act/acted before you really thought about the impact of your actions on yourself and me. I believe and thought that we were in an exclusive relationship. You said you swore on your grandmother that you want a relationship with me. Are you really ready for real lasting commitment? Are you ready to set boundaries and be respectful of me?

How would you feel if I invited a girl to my apt at 10pm and knowing she was bringing a bottle of liquor with her? How would you feel if I am "touchy feely" with other women other than you? How would you feel if you saw me in pictures hugged up agaisnt random women you did not know? Would you feel secure with me? Would your trust of me have been violated? Would you feel disrespected? Put yourself in my shoes and really think about those questions.

If Im your baby, how can/could you toss my feeling by the waste side? Why is it so easy to accommodate another mans request, but deny my own...the person you say you care for and love? Your baby?

I have already conveyed to you my deal breakers in a relationship. But I want to disclose these to you again. If you really want to make us work. These are the lines that you ABSOLUTELY cannot cross.
1.) Being "touchy feely" with other men. (no more facebook pics of you hugged up on other men. No more pics with men having their arms around you!)
2.) Making attention from other men a priority over my feelings!
3.) Not setting appropriate boundaries for your male friends. (them calling you at night. Them coming over to your apt at night)

I need you to behave in ways that let's people know we are together. You are a smart individual and I believe you know what is right and wrong in a relationship. I don't believe you need a manual or blueprint on how to treat your partner. Simply treat me how you would want to be treated.

Like I said over BBM, I have your back and I am not going to give up on you. However, I am extremely hurt by your recent actions towards me and feel it necessary to not talk to you right now b/c im in too much pain. I am dead serious about my relationship and intentions towards you and I want to make it work. I really want you to think about this letter, the things i have stated and the questions i am asking you. Just as you swore on your grandmother, I swear on mine that if you can respect me, you will have a partner for life."

B_New End

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
partner for life?

Girls just a wanna have fun, yo. Or at least that girl just a wanna have fun. Talk like that is run away time for a girl like that.

In fact, my premonition all along has been you are trying to subdue a tiger, and getting frustrated when she doesn't just sit in your lap and purr. She obviously sees relationships different than you do, and I am not going to judge which of you are morally superior, but I think you two are a mismatch, and it is pretty obvious to her.

Last edited:

petite

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Let her go. The two of you weren't meant to be together. You're just prolonging the pain because it's not going to last. She obviously doesn't think that there's anything wrong with her behavior, and you do. You have different codes of conduct and you can't change someone else.

You'll be better off letting your feelings heal and finding someone else who shares your personal code of conduct already.

Can you even explain why you want to be with her? You haven't in this thread and you didn't in your letter to her.

BTW, the reason why I brought up the language you've used to describe your feelings is because relationship research has found that the use of highly contemptuous language in regards to one's mate is a major indicator that the relationship will not survive. The converse would be language that expresses affection, respect, and an attitude of "cutting one's partner some slack" and nothing you've said at all conveys that you feel that way towards her now or that those feelings are likely to change. You have feelings towards her and this relationship that will continue to make you unhappy. It's the reason why I think that you should just end it now, because you're just prolonging your own pain.

Last edited:

uboat

Just Browsing
Media
Thanks for pointing that out petite. I totally forgot to highlight the things i actually like about her. I sometimes tend to only focus on the negative. I thinks it b/c i am still kinda of mad.

Drifterwood

Superior Member
Media
Here is the letter i composed. I have not sent it yet. But im waiting. What do you guys think?

"I have not been a perfect person in my life and I acknowledge that no one is perfect in this world. We all have made mistakes. We all have suffered consequences for our actions. Some good, some bad. ...................................................

I am not proud to admit it, but I got a couple of letters like that when I was her age, one was at least five pages :redface:. I took them both as break up letters and moved on. The thing is, you know that the behaviour is "wrong", but you also know that that is who you want to be at that time, which makes it "right". It's a question of incompatability regarding relationship needs. You can't force someone to be in the same place as you, if you do, you will drive them away.

B_subgirrl

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Well guys, its over. After i started this thread a couple months ago, I decided to give her another chance to see if she would adjust her behavior towards guys. Well, she did for about a month. However, I was pushed over the edge last night while we were video chatting @ 10:30pm and she calls some random guy she met a few days ago and invited him over to her apt. I was so taken back by this! I felt so disrespected as a man, that my girl would be so dumb & oblivious that i would NOT be ok with this type of behavior. Her excuse, was..."im not trying to hide anything, i love you, i won't do it again...cry cry cry". I have warned her about her behavior towards other guys and she seems to adhere for a short while then revert back to who she really is. She doesn't seem to understand boundaries and respect. /relationship

Obviously I'm in the minority here, but I can't see what's wrong with having a male friend over? I really can't. She didn't say she was going to screw him did she? If she did, I'll take this post back and say something else entirely, but if she didn't . . .

In fact, if a guy behaved this way after I'd done the same thing, I'd be breaking up with HIM quick smart.

petite

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Obviously I'm in the minority here, but I can't see what's wrong with having a male friend over? I really can't. She didn't say she was going to screw him did she? If she did, I'll take this post back and say something else entirely, but if she didn't . . .

In fact, if a guy behaved this way after I'd done the same thing, I'd be breaking up with HIM quick smart.

Yeah, that was my reaction.

I don't react well to being mistrusted. I've never violated anyone's trust, so I think I would be very angry at being treated in a suspicious way.

This guy just reminds me too much of my jealous ex, who made all the same claims and arguments, and they were totally unjustified. No one else has ever said those things about me because that's just not my personality. I think he really just wanted me to wear a burka and never speak to another man again.

So maybe I'm a bad judge here and my judgment is too slanted when I read what sounds like excessive jealousy to me. Maybe this girl really is too flirty or something and he's worried that... what? She'll cheat? If he's worried that she'll cheat then that's a totally different issue, isn't it? He hasn't said that he thinks she will, he's worried about things like his reputation. The reputation that his girlfriend has male friends and that he trusts her?

Yeah, I can't relate to this guy or this situation. I wouldn't tolerate his complaints, or his letter, or his demands that I can't spend time with male friends.

uboat

Just Browsing
Media
Ladies, Im not saying she can't hang out with friends. All im saying is that there is a time and place for everything. Call me conservative, but having a guy friend that she just met a few days ago over to her apt the fist time @ 11pm is not cool.

Thanks again for petite for pointing out the fact that i didn't point out anything i liked about her in the letter. After i started letting my thoughts fly about the things I like about this girl, i actually started to get less upset and actually remembered why i have stayed in this as long as i have.

" I have not been a perfect person in my life and I acknowledge that no one is perfect in this world. We all have made mistakes. We all have suffered consequences for our actions. Some good, some bad. Right now, I am extremely hurt and taken back by your recent actions towards me and its very hard for me to talk to you right now b/c I am hurt, angry and frustrated at you.

I am writing this letter because i am not able to verbally express myself clearly and consciously when I am angry/upset. As I am writing this letter, my emotions and feelings are slowly trying to heal after you crushed them on Saturday night. I am not sure you truly understand the magnitude of hurt I felt and still feel after the events on last Saturday. I am not sure I can accurately convey to you the deep, personal, blunt pain I felt and feel right now. After thinking about what happened on Saturday, I have come to the conclusion that you act/acted before you really thought about the impact of your actions on yourself and me. I genuinely do not believe you acted out of malice or ill intent. I believe and thought that we were in an exclusive relationship. You said you swore on your grandmother that you want a relationship with me. Are you really ready for real lasting commitment? Are you ready to set boundaries and be respectful of me?

How would you feel if I invited a girl to my apt at 10pm and knowing she was bringing a bottle of liquor with her? How would you feel if I am "touchy feely" with other women other than you? How would you feel if you saw me in pictures hugged up agaisnt random women you did not know? Would you feel secure with me? Would your trust of me be violated? Would you feel disrespected? Put yourself in my shoes and really think about these questions.

If Im your baby, how can/could you toss my feeling by the waste side? Why is it so easy to accommodate another mans request, but deny my own...the person you say you care for and love? Your baby?

I have already conveyed to you my deal breakers in a relationship. But I want to disclose these to you again. If you really want to make us work. These are the lines that you ABSOLUTELY cannot cross.
1.) Being "touchy feely" with other men. (no more facebook pics of you hugged up on other men. No more pics with men having their arms around you and all over you!)
2.) Making attention from other men a priority over my feelings!
3.) Not setting appropriate boundaries for your male friends. (them calling you at night. Them coming over to your apt at night ect ect)

I need you to behave in ways that let's people know we are together. You are a smart individual and I believe you know what is right and wrong in a relationship. I don't believe you need a manual or blueprint on how to treat me. Simply treat me how you would want to be treated.

Like I said over BBM, I have your back and I am not going to give up on you. I love you. You are a beautiful, smart, ambitious. I love that you are spiritual and religious. I love it when you smile at me. I love how you challenge me when we argue. I am soooooo attracted to you. I love when you dance in your underwear. You are a 10! I like that you express affection to me. I love when your hair is messy and curly. I love how you can care for others that are less fortunate. I loved how you move and moan when we are together. I love how you passionately kiss and hug me. love how wet you get. I love how hard you make me. I Love how you can care for me when others don't seem to get it. I love how you trust me with your feelings. I love your warmth when you hug me. You are cute and cuddly when you sleep. You are a fighter just like me. I love that you are a "go-getter" When I close my eyes and think of a partner, i see you.

I am dead serious about my relationship and intentions towards you and I want to make it work. I really want you to think about this letter, the things i have stated and the questions i am asking you. I really want you to think about us.

Just as you swore on your grandmother, I swear on mine that if you can respect me, you will have a partner for life in me."

Oh i forgot to mention that we are long distance right now.

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I'm with Drifterwood, subgirrl, and petite on this. I stand by my original comment in this thread (post 2). There is a fundamental incompatibility in your relationship, uboat. If I were her, I'd be extremely offended by your letter, your attitude, and I'd get rid of you so fast you'd have friction burn and no memory.

You are self-righteous and condescending. "You are a smart individual, and I believe you know what is right and wrong in a relationship." You do know, do you not, that relationships come in many flavors. You don't like the same flavor she does. For the record, that doesn't make either of you wrong. It just makes you a bad fit. The very idea that you agree with the poster which suggested your girlfriend needs to be "put in her place" speaks volumes. Oh my God, out on your ass.

Let her go. You do not lover her, not the way she sees herself anyway. I, like petite do not respond well to a lack of trust. If you don't trust me, and I've not cheated on you, I immediately decide you've been cheating on me, and get rid of you based on that. Experience has taught me that only untrustworthy people mistrust without cause.

For what it's worth, I'm happily married two years now, and have been living with my man for three years following a long distance relationship (2000 miles, and then 225 miles). The way we saw it, neither of us entered this relationship to shake up each other's lives. We are drawn to each other, as we are. He knows he can't come between me and my friends now, and he never tried to. Like your girlfriend, I don't usually get along with other women, so the vast majority of my friends are male. Most of them were here before he got to me, and if he chooses to leave, they'll be here when he's gone. He accepts them, they try to befriend him (as much as you befriend your friend's lover) and we have no trouble with this.

Here's the thing with people. You cannot (and should not endeavor to) change them. You find someone with whom you share values, mores, and if there's mutual attraction, you see what you can work out. You don't just hook up with a pretty face and a positive outlook, or you end up with what you have. Something doomed to waste your time. (That sounds harsh, and I apologize in advance for the harshness, but I see it as true, and do not write it to be mean.) You like a few things about this girl, but you don't like who she is, not really. She keeps telling you precisely that. You wrote that she says, "its part of my personality" or "its who i am" . Why can't you listen to her? If you can't accept her, why not let her be free to find someone who can? You say that you want to nurture her self esteem. Do you think telling her that her personality and values are wrong or immoral is a big boost to her self-image? Give me a break with that.