Im developing animosity towards my GF

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I still don't understand how it's okay for her to put her hands on anyone who has not asked her to?

Anyways, difference of opinions on touchy-feely type people, with primarily a few females thinking it's not a problem, but they express they are this way themselves.

If men act like this, they are considered predatory. Woman are considered something else.
Predatory? She has only been described as posing for photos with guys with their arms around each other.

I once asked Wyclef Jean if I could take a picture of him. We were (and still are) complete strangers. The only words EVER exchanged between us were,

"Excuse me Wyclef! Could you please spare a second and let me take a picture of you?"

"Yeah."

"Oh! Oh, my God! Thank you!"

He took my camera from me as he was replying to my question, put his face against mine, his arm around my shoulders, and snapped the picture. Then he was gone before I cold finish thanking him. I never asked him to touch me. Would you consider that predatory? If that makes him a predator, I'll be his prey any time. (Especially since my photo got over-exposed!) I think there is a lot of overreaction in this thread.

B_subgirrl

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I still don't understand how it's okay for her to put her hands on anyone who has not asked her to?

Anyways, difference of opinions on touchy-feely type people, with primarily a few females thinking it's not a problem, but they express they are this way themselves.

If men act like this, they are considered predatory. Woman are considered something else.

I can actually see where you're coming from with this point. Lots of people (including me) don't like to be hugged and touched all the time. However, in some cultures and communities or groups of people this behaviour is perfectly acceptable and normal. And if the individuals she is hugging/touching/flirting with don't like it, it is up to them to say so.

I don't hug people I see in my daily life (although I do hug certain other groups of people). My friends know this, because I have told them about how I feel, so they don't hug me. They think I'm weird, but they respect my wishes.

However, the issue here isn't her behaviour. It's uboat's dislike of her behaviour. You keep talking about how she should respect his feelings, but relationships work both ways. She was a person with feelings and ways of acting before she ever met him. And if a person has certain expectations in regards to the other's behaviour, they need to communicate this in an adult manner early in the relationship. It is just as important that HE respect HER feelings in this matter, and if they can't come to a compromise that they are BOTH comfortable with, they don't belong together.

B_curiousme01

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Thread is getting off topic. It's not about taking pics with celebrities or anything else like that. What it is about is...

She is touching other men and using her body to get their attention. Period. There is no other reason for it and it is exactly how she is.

If you are the touchy-feely type, you really should ask the person whom you wish to lay your hands on if they are cool with your touchy-feelies. Also, for your own safety, you might think about the fact you might get touchy-feely with the wrong person one of these days.

Actions speak louder than words.

NOT EVERYONE WANTS YOU TO TOUCH THEM!! Seriously. And she has no right putting her hands on anyone who has not asked her. There is no way to qualify it. Even my yoga instructors start classes by saying "I may come around the room to make adjustments in your pose. Please let me know if you do not wish to be touched."

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Thread is getting off topic. It's not about taking pics with celebrities or anything else like that. What it is about is...

She is touching other men and using her body to get their attention. Period. There is no other reason for it and it is exactly how she is.

If you are the touchy-feely type, you really should ask the person whom you wish to lay your hands on if they are cool with your touchy-feelies. Also, for your own safety, you might think about the fact you might get touchy-feely with the wrong person one of these days.

Actions speak louder than words.

NOT EVERYONE WANTS YOU TO TOUCH THEM!! Seriously. And she has no right putting her hands on anyone who has not asked her. There is no way to qualify it. Even my yoga instructors start classes by saying "I may come around the room to make adjustments in your pose. Please let me know if you do not wish to be touched."
And that's exactly what she was probably doing the day they met.

I assume other people who are hands on like I am know how to read that someone does not want to be touched. Most people who either don't like you, or don't want you close back up when you get into their personal space. I wouldn't dream of following them into their new space, or laying a hand on them. She seems to know who not to touch. The people she touches end up in photographs with her. Speaking of getting off-topic.

B_curiousme01

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
"when you get into their personal space" ...exactly my point.

We disagree. Totally. I still don't see a qualifier by assuming anything. You read body language before you touch someone? And you don't think that has some predatory tendencies??

Why not just ask instead of being subjective about it. You want to touch someone who has not asked you to. Ask.

B_subgirrl

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Why not just ask instead of being subjective about it. You want to touch someone who has not asked you to. Ask.

I think this is the way things should happen. It's polite, it's respectful. But in my experience it's not the way things DO happen.

And we ARE waaaay off topic :tongue:

B_curiousme01

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
You're right, again :)

And I think I have repeated myself way too many times. Not everyone feels the same way I do about things, so.... alright. Put a fork me in? :)