I'm feeling sad again...

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Maybe tomorrow the sun will shine and it wont rain :wink:

Catch,

I love your pic it reminds me of some of the old Tarzan television series here. But back to your topic, that is the depression talking. I know you would lift yourself up if you knew how. One of the natural ways to lift your mood is to walk outside at least a half an hour everyday. It will begin to raise your levels of seratonin. INdulge in some good carbohydrates. THey also help to raise one's seratonin. Try to smile a bit even when you dont feel like it. IT often helps me. Fear not dear, you have much company here on the board. I used to think one could just pick oneself up and get over it till depression hit me. Remember that often it may be your depression talking . Just try to take baby steps in directions that interest you. I hope some of this helps. Know that you have folks here who care as well.

simcha

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Do you think that I am the saddest person on this thing or maybe you know somebody who is sadder - Okay I don't suppose any body will reply - life? don't talk to me about life....

Sweetie, :hug: :hug: :hug:

Ok, now... You are sounding like that robot in "Hitchhiker's..." And that's just fine. Maybe you're depressed. I don't know. You'd have to see someone about that if you have no reason to be sad all the time. And even if you do have reasons, it's good to talk to someone about it. It might help.

I'm going through an especially difficult time right now myself. I am sad a lot lately. I do have reasons.

It's my first anniversary of the 2 failed heart surgeries I had.
It's the second anniversary of my Father's death.
My Mother's cervical discs are causing her arms to go numb and the morphine they've given her isn't cutting the pain.
My cat's got food allergies (maybe) and is quite neurotic to the point of licking off almost all of his belly fur. (it's getting better).
I'm ridiculously behind in my paperwork at work and my clients are extremely challenging lately adding to my personal emotional crap.

So, what do I do? I go to my therapist. I talk to friends. I take anti-depressants because well, I'm one of THOSE that can't get off of them or I do become depressed and not just sad. Right now I'm just sad when I allow myself to dwell on these things. Depression and sadness are very different.

Anyway, I also hang out with friends. I go out on dates with guys who like me. I make sure I get good sleep and I take it easy for a bit because when I'm sad I need some tenderness and if I don't do it for myself then who will? It starts with me anyway...

So, I hope I haven't made you more sad by telling you about my stuff. That wasn't my intention. Also it wasn't my intention to get you to compare your sadness to mine. That isn't useful at all. Sadness just is. It too shall pass. And if it doesn't I find I must do something about it or I'll sink into depression, because that's how it works for me.

Take care of yourself. Hugs... And you are cute... I don't know it it helps to hear that from a gay guy or not... :wink:

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Sweetie, :hug: :hug: :hug:

Ok, now... You are sounding like that robot in "Hitchhiker's..." And that's just fine. Maybe you're depressed. I don't know. You'd have to see someone about that if you have no reason to be sad all the time. And even if you do have reasons, it's good to talk to someone about it. It might help.

I'm going through an especially difficult time right now myself. I am sad a lot lately. I do have reasons.

It's my first anniversary of the 2 failed heart surgeries I had.
It's the second anniversary of my Father's death.
My Mother's cervical discs are causing her arms to go numb and the morphine they've given her isn't cutting the pain.
My cat's got food allergies (maybe) and is quite neurotic to the point of licking off almost all of his belly fur. (it's getting better).
I'm ridiculously behind in my paperwork at work and my clients are extremely challenging lately adding to my personal emotional crap.

So, what do I do? I go to my therapist. I talk to friends. I take anti-depressants because well, I'm one of THOSE that can't get off of them or I do become depressed and not just sad. Right now I'm just sad when I allow myself to dwell on these things. Depression and sadness are very different.

Anyway, I also hang out with friends. I go out on dates with guys who like me. I make sure I get good sleep and I take it easy for a bit because when I'm sad I need some tenderness and if I don't do it for myself then who will? It starts with me anyway...

So, I hope I haven't made you more sad by telling you about my stuff. That wasn't my intention. Also it wasn't my intention to get you to compare your sadness to mine. That isn't useful at all. Sadness just is. It too shall pass. And if it doesn't I find I must do something about it or I'll sink into depression, because that's how it works for me.

Take care of yourself. Hugs... And you are cute... I don't know it it helps to hear that from a gay guy or not... :wink:

Thank you, Simcha.

This is what the support in support group is all about. Perhaps, he may not yet know if he is clinically depressed or not but your explanation was wonderful. Like so many other words in the english language I think we use words like "depressed" and "sad" interchangeably and though they may resemble one another they often are and can be very different. I too know what depression is like as do many of our current and past members and my hat is off to each and every one of you for attempting to work through it in the best ways you can.

Sonne86

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
The 21st century has no time for creative, emotionaly bound and artistic individuals like you and me catch. Everything is just a cheap reality check in our time. The local community is falling apart, and everyone is supposed to adapt to these damm systems and clearly defined processes. And when we get home TV is on all day seeing hollywoodstars from happy happyland seperated from day and night and everyday problems, where real emotions are nonexistent. There are all these layers that devides us from each other and disortate our perception of happiness on earth, allways thinking of something better, a grass so green so green.............. But always you remember this. Your life is the real life, nothing is what could have been. What could have been is nothing, and when you realise this a great flod will clense your soul and your sadness will drown with it.

Deno

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
they make some great meds that can help you man, you just need to get help. I would suggest that you try to be with people even if you have to go to a bar and sit alone. Being around other at least lets you see the advantages of staying on the other side of the wall.

Catchoftheday

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
Thank you all for your nice words, I'm not sure if it is helping but it is nice to know that somebody cares

:kiss: The sun is shining and it is a lovely day :smile: I hope you are feeling better

:hug:

Maybe a little - we still have a bit of cloud in Wiltshire but it is quite nice for a blank holiday
:cool:

Catchoftheday

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
Blank holiday, eh?
A little punster today.
Sounds like a good sign, Catch.
Why don't you get some exercise today?
That always helps me.

I do walking most days and have been today maybe I will do some more soon, so I have been exercising and also exorcising with the blog thing one step at a time:redface:

B_Jennuine73

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Catch, you are ruggedly handsome. Do not think yourself ugly as it's not true.

About the sadness, I am overwhelmed by it right now too. I am about to go out to a friend's house. Don't know if I will talk to her about it or not, but just being with someone I like will help.

I am generally an optimistic person and I survive on hope. Knowing and believing it will get better helps.

Catchoftheday

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
:smile:
Catch, you are ruggedly handsome. Do not think yourself ugly as it's not true.

Thank you, that's really nice of you, although I never feel good looking it doesn't bother me so much these days

About the sadness, I am overwhelmed by it right now too. I am about to go out to a friend's house. Don't know if I will talk to her about it or not, but just being with someone I like will help.

I am generally an optimistic person and I survive on hope. Knowing and believing it will get better helps.

I hope you managed to talk to your friend about your sadness it always good to share things with friends even the bad things in life

No reason to be sad when there are so many people such as i who will try cheer you up. So smile.....

Thank you Mr Snakey I like it here it makes me feel nice:smile:

Mr. Snakey

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
:smile:

I hope you managed to talk to your friend about your sadness it always good to share things with friends even the bad things in life

Thank you Mr Snakey I like it here it makes me feel nice:smile:
You are welcome. We all get sad sometimes. Never forget the bad times they will make the good times even better.