I'm gay.

Brishen

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I came out/was outed in a round about way, it's very long story and I won't get into it, but anyway it happened when I was a junior in High School. Life got exponentially easier from then on out. Yeah I had my hard times with some people but now my mom and I check out guys together. I'll say WOW he's hot and she'll go Yeah he is or something like that. It's halarious. Even my 81 y/o grandfather and my 76 y/o grandmother know and we talk about it alot. I have such a coo family! :)
But anyway congrats and you probably will get people telling you that they 'always wondered' or whatever.
Funny thing though, after I came out alot of the jocks at school started paying a lot more attention to me. :)

MusclePrinceXXX

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
No Response
bignfloppy said:
Okay, so I guess I've kind of been struggling with this for a long time, and I'm ready to finally just accept the fact that I'm gay.

I felt the need to kind of officially "come out," even if it is anonymously and online to a bunch of strangers.:rolleyes:

Congratulations! I wish you the very best in life now that you've come to realize who you truly are.

majormadness

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
Good show, old chum!
You now belong to an elite group of people that can look deeply enough within themselves and understand their feelings. Whether a person is straight, gay, bi, or anything in between, that is difficult to do. Congrats!

jeff black

Expert Member
Media
bignfloppy said:
Thanks guys, I feel so much better already.

Yah, Congrats.. it is a big deal!!

I am just surprised it took you so long to realize it, being as you have been here since 2004:rolleyes:

Either way.. Best wishes on your new found perspective on life.:tongue:

D_alex8

Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
jeff black said:
I am just surprised it took you so long to realize it, being as you have been here since 2004:rolleyes:

One of my best friends 'realized' during his teens, but never managed to 'come out'... even to himself... until age 30. He'd remained a (most unhappy) virgin - both in terms of romance and of sex - all that time, trying to hide away from his true feelings. And you can be certain that stories like that are unbelievably common. So I think bignfloppy's doing pretty darn well, actually. :wink:

jfrsndvs

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
coming out to yourself is the most important person you need to come out to, if you want to tell family and friends, that is great, but if you don't feel like telling any particular person, that is your right also, so don't feel pressured to tell anyone and everyone, you can choose who you want to come out to.

but if you do come out to family and friends, this a personal thing, choose who you want to come out to first and make sure the timing is appropriate for the situation. some people stay in the closet out of fear, some choose to stay in the closet just because they just want to and that is ok to, just accepting the fact that you are gay not in denial of it is what is most important.

I can honestly say that the majority of the people here are a good supportive group straight and gay. a couple might be a little strange but good though.

good luck :)

D_Sheffield Thongbynder

Experimental Member
Media
Let me add my congratulations from the perspective of the person to whom a gay friend came out. No more living half truths, no more evasiveness, no more secret discomfort when assholes like me make crude remarks -- it'll be a much better life from this point on. Now, start in on telling your family and friends.

Matthew

Legendary Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
jeff black said:

There are a number of people who haven't come out until they had been members here for quite some time.

But I won't name any names. :rolleyes:

Moi666

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Wahay! Look . . . I just came out last week - i also have a thread on this sort of subject. If you wanna talk about anything . . . im here :redface:

D_Bris Klein

1st Like
Media
bignfloppy said:
Okay, so I guess I've kind of been struggling with this for a long time, and I'm ready to finally just accept the fact that I'm gay.

I felt the need to kind of officially "come out," even if it is anonymously and online to a bunch of strangers.:rolleyes:

Hey man, cool for you. Glad you were able to come out this far. I'm still struggling so maybe I can learn from you.

See you on the boards!

Cheers

fortiesfun

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Congratulations on taking a huge step. I still recall the release I felt when I first said those words, and the very real rewards that have come from being honest with myself and those I love. Hope you find the same is true for you. You've already received a lot of support messages, and I expect you'll get more soon.

jeff black

Expert Member
Media
Matthew said:
There are a number of people who haven't come out until they had been members here for quite some time.

But I won't name any names. :rolleyes:

Alex8 said:
One of my best friends 'realized' during his teens, but never managed to 'come out'... even to himself... until age 30. He'd remained a (most unhappy) virgin - both in terms of romance and of sex - all that time, trying to hide away from his true feelings. And you can be certain that stories like that are unbelievably common. So I think bignfloppy's doing pretty darn well, actually. :wink:

No, obviously I meant my sincerest congrats. I was just making an offhanded comment. Sorry if you got it the wrong way, floppy. It is really a big deal that you came out.:biggrin1:

musclelondon

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Well done mate! being able to post something like that online, and admitting it to yourself, is not easy.

There's lots of guys here for you.

bignfloppy said:

dcwrestlefan

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
bignfloppy said:

welcome to the family. hugz, rich.

Yonkers

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Congrats on your coming out. :wink:

I knew I was gay in my late teens, but didn't come out till my early 30's and it's the best thing I ever did. My family response was "Yeah we knew. Are you staying for dinner".....

So all up - congrats.

Yonkers.