I'm gay.

davidjh7

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
alex8 said:
One of my best friends 'realized' during his teens, but never managed to 'come out'... even to himself... until age 30. He'd remained a (most unhappy) virgin - both in terms of romance and of sex - all that time, trying to hide away from his true feelings. And you can be certain that stories like that are unbelievably common. So I think bignfloppy's doing pretty darn well, actually. :wink:

Congrats, Big---As many here have already stated, it is a huge step, and you have taken the most important one--coming out to yourself. It doesn;t really affect your everyday life much, unless you want it to, but it takes that demon off your back. Like Alex's friend, I always knew, to a greater or lesser extent, my whole life. But I was 31 before I was able to finally give up fighting it, and accept myself as I was, not how I would like to have been made. I'm glad you have been able to accept yourself while still in your youth, so you can enjoy it more .:biggrin1: Anybody else you choose to come out to is that---a choice, and something personal that only you can decide. If you feel the need to, do it--even if it doesn;t work out, you can live with yourself knowing you tried. If it isn;t that important, then you don;t have to tell someone, either. Don't feel pressured to advertise, because it fits someone elses agenda. Do what makes you happy, and makes you feel right about yourself and your life. I wish you aLL the joy, happiness, love, great sex, and fun that life can give you!!