I'm gettin me an edjumacation!

rhino_horn

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
surferboy said:
Oh, I'll take that into consideration. Do you have aim? I'd love to talk to you more about it.

no i dont, and to get it im sure ill have to do stuff, and i hate doing stuff. you can pm me here if you want, i'd be happy to help...if i can.

*really the only pointers i can think of are not to invest too much money, and dont use credit cards AT ALL, and dont take student loans(get a job and pay for it yourself). to banks and lenders, you're just a dollar sign. and work hard your first two years, then you can f**k around and not worry about the gpa falling too much. thats about all ive learned..all of it the hard way mind you.

surferboy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
rhino_horn said:
no i dont, and to get it im sure ill have to do stuff, and i hate doing stuff. you can pm me here if you want, i'd be happy to help...if i can.

*really the only pointers i can think of are not to invest too much money, and dont use credit cards AT ALL, and dont take student loans(get a job and pay for it yourself). to banks and lenders, you're just a dollar sign. and work hard your first two years, then you can f**k around and not worry about the gpa falling too much. thats about all ive learned..all of it the hard way mind you.

yah. i dunno if i should go part time or not. my mom says it might be too much for me, but i'd rather do full time.

prepstudinsc

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
LOL Just wait until you get to take all the fun electives like "Underwater Basket Weaving". I took Astronomy as an easy elective...we sat in a dark lecture hall and looked at pictures of constellations. No one stayed awake, so I finally ended up only going when I had tests. That was my first attempt at cutting classes, and it became waaaaaaay to easy! LOL

rhino_horn

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
surferboy said:
yah. i dunno if i should go part time or not. my mom says it might be too much for me, but i'd rather do full time.

nevermind your mom dude, you have to take the first few semesters very seriously while you build a gpa to stand on; the classes arent hard, but you have to develop a routine where you will be investing enough time for study.

unsubsidized loans are killer these days, dont take 'em

just dont leave anything to chance, i guess thats what im trying to say.

surferboy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
rhino_horn said:
nevermind your mom dude, you have to take the first few semesters very seriously while you build a gpa to stand on; the classes arent hard, but you have to develop a routine where you will be investing enough time for study.

unsubsidized loans are killer these days, dont take 'em

just dont leave anything to chance, i guess thats what im trying to say.

exactly, i'd rather go big. i gotta do my financial aid though. gotta do my fafsa or whatever it's called. i'm also working full time right now. but yah, i feel i need to do this. like, if i find out i can't handle full time student and full time work, i'll cut it down my next semester.

Pecker

Retired Moderator
Media
surferboy said:
hey, pecker, since i can't pm jana since she's a mod and all, can you like, direct her here?

I'm the only mod online right now, Nixxy, but you can PM Jana, or any of us, anytime you like.

Hatched69

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Years of sarcasm have led me down that path. Pray you never get to feeling as old and bitter as I. On the other hand, it's great to have a witty comeback to an insult, should the need arise......
Nontheless, I suspect you'll pick up some linguistic "habits" around college.
Don't forget to enjoy the sunshine of Florida during the winter. I'll be freezing my baguettes off up here come January.... you are quite lucky!!

Hatched69

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I've been fortunate enough to visit Florida almost every winter for a week or two, and it's extremely difficult to get back on a plane only to land in weather that liquids freeze nearly instantly in. It sucks.