I'm getting so frustrated!!!

IntoxicatingToxin

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I am trying to burn a movie onto a DVD. The video file is in .avi format. I cannot, for the life of me, find a FREE .avi to .dvd burner!! I have downloaded SEVEN that said they were free then all warned me that either the movie would have a watermark on it, or that it would only burn 50% of my file. Does anyone know of a converter I can use for FREE?!?

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I am trying to burn a movie onto a DVD. The video file is in .avi format. I cannot, for the life of me, find a FREE .avi to .dvd burner!! I have downloaded SEVEN that said they were free then all warned me that either the movie would have a watermark on it, or that it would only burn 50% of my file. Does anyone know of a converter I can use for FREE?!?

try googling "avi to dvd burner freeware"...

then select the second choice....moviecodec.com

I don't realy know for sure, but I think you might have to convert it to MPEG.

sneakyd

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I know what you mean . I hope there's some nerds/geeks :tongue: on this site that can help , because I couldn't find one either . Wasted several cd/dvd's , & many hours of my time in the same situation . The cd's I could care less about , but I hate letting something beat me & I can't get those hours back !

viking1

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I tried to do this some time ago. I gave up. I never found anything free that would convert AVI to MPEG. Some said it would, but it wouldn't play in my set top DVD player. I couldn't find any that would do it on a Unix based system, anyway. I don't know what's out there for Windows.