I'm going to bore you all talking about TV..

Mastur

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
Okay, I didn't know we were digging into the archives, that would take forever.
However, Dynasty, yes the one that started it all.
And Amy Sedaris rules! I would drink from her boots. Perhaps a lovely Vouvray. :cool:

I think it was rather Dallas that started it all, not so...?

maxcok

Expert Member
Media

Honestly, I'm not sure. In my mind not, and Dallas was a poor imitation. and I was so young.
I'll let you do the research on that. Feel free to correct me. :cool:

Last edited:

D_Relentless Original

Cherished Member
Media
Remington Steele
Charlie's Angels
Cheers
Growing Pains
Family Ties
The 6 Million Dollar Man
The Gemini Man
Man From Atlantis
240 Robert
CHiPS
Rescue International

Mastur, i'm gonna bring pizza and drink around to your gaff and watch these, you are shouting out my faves, i have just finished CHiPs'.Have you got BJ&the bear ? :biggrin1: and the bionic Woman and UFO?

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Mastur, i'm gonna bring pizza and drink around to your gaff and watch these, you are shouting out my faves, i have just finished CHiPs'.Have you got BJ&the bear ? :biggrin1: and the bionic Woman and UFO?

When you come to NY I'll make a pizza for you if you want. We have seasons 1-3 of Charlies Angles on DVD!

Mastur

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
Does'nt matter, they were both good shows, i liked Knots landing too, i think that was a spin off from Dallas.

No need for research, I was a TV addict as a child, I would know.

Dallas (and Knot's Landing) started before Dynasty. The Colby's (of California was a spin-off of Dynasty).

Interesting fact: Knot's Landing was the original story pitched and the producer's were more intrigued by the possible storyline of Gary Ewing's oil barron brothers in Dallas. Hence Dallas saw the light and KL came after that.

Last edited:

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Cool NY, that would be great, i have been trying to get season 4 with Shelley hack, it does not appear to be on sale in the UK, would anyone know if its in the USA?

I don't think so... I'm on auto-notify when it comes up for sale at Amazon. It's my other half's fave show from the 70's!

Mastur

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
BJ and the Bear? What was it about? I might have seen it as a dubbed version in Afrikaans? Yes, we had Bionic Woman & UFO.

Would love to have pizza and wine with you guys while watching such prime oldies!

Does that make us 'Prime Oldies' then...?

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
BJ and the Bear? What was it about? I might have seen it as a dubbed version in Afrikaans? Yes, we had Bionic Woman & UFO.

Would love to have pizza and wine with you guys while watching such prime oldies!The more the merrier!

Does that make us 'Prime Oldies' then...?
Speaking only for myself... Prime? Yes! Old? No!

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
If you really want to take a trip down memory lane...we have all of the That Girl episodes on DVD. There is a fun drinking game that goes with it, it's called "Oh Donald" every time that line is said you take a shot!

Mastur

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
I agree wholeheartedly, Nudie!
Tardis: unfortunately on my mobile now, will check it out tomorrow.

Another classic that I saw as a child (dubbed as well) but cannot recall its English name (over here it was called: Alpha 1999). It was a sci-fi too (almost similar to Star Trek). Don't remember much only that I loved it! There was this exotic character named Maya who could shape-shift into anything (they always indicated it first by showing the reflection of her intended form in her eye). Do you know what I'm referring to? The captain is a famous actor whose name is also lost on me now...