I'm going to Mardi Gras!

EllieP

Worshipped Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Yay! Hubby came home and told me he's got a week-long gig in Louisiana during Mardi Gras! I'm so excited!

It's not New Orleans, though. They say that's a little too rough, so I'm kind of glad. But it's in Lafayette where we visited last Fall. Supposed to be a big to do as well. Lots of parades and beads and stuff.

Anybody ever been?

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I second that ,D. I LOVED New Orleans. But then it is supposed to be a Scorpio town (whatever that means, I have my thoughts but I will keep them to myself) It was the year before Katrina and I purposely went on walking tours instead of having an eatorganza and lost instead of gained weight! I really want to go back. But not at Mardi Gras. Too crowded.

flame boy

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
New Orleans is incredibly during Mardi Gras, it's a shame you wont be in the mix of the "real" party by being in Lafayette, but you will have a blast regardless! I have some incredible and treasured memories from partying in Nawlins at Mardi Gras. To say I'm jealous is an understatement!

CUBE

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I loved it. Went the year before Katrina. I was not their on Fat Tues but the weekend before. It was plenty crowded for me but found it safe enough. Much of it is good for the entire family. The wild stuff only happens in the French Quarter late at night. Avoided that as I am so pure :) Eat some King Cake for me.

B_Lightkeeper

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I've been to New Orleans three times - all prior to Katrina.
The one-time for Mardi Gras was a blast. I went down for a "Mystic Krew Of Apollo" ball masque and got hooked in wearing a skimpy ass-revealing costume along with a couple other members. It was chilly and damp that day and I almost froze to death.

The bar scene made that trip worth while. I'll never forget the extemely hung dude sitting on the bar (not just at the bar!) letting patrons and onlookers cop a feel or taste of his beautiful cock. Did I? Lets just say I had to be pulled away by others in line. :tongue:

I've got a couple of photo discs of Mardi Gras. I'll find them and post.
(Unfortunately none of THAT hunk!)

BiItalianBro

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Y'all are talking my corner of the world ;-P

You will have a really good time...and yes, I have done the M.G. scene in Lafayette Parish,BR,Gulfport and Mobile. It is much more subdued than NOLA...but still a very good time.

FYI, for those of you headed to Orleans for Fat Tuesday, part of the city's (re)New Orleans master plan is not looking the other way (like B.K.) on allot of things...so watch your P's if you know what i mean lol. Officials are taking a 'family friendly' Las Vegas approach to recapturing it's tourist base and build it's convention/tourism business beyond pre-Katrina levels. Extreme public intoxication and 'waving your junk around' is not tolerated like years past.

D_Tyrone_Tittickler

Experimental Member
Media
Yay! Hubby came home and told me he's got a week-long gig in Louisiana during Mardi Gras! I'm so excited!

It's not New Orleans, though. They say that's a little too rough, so I'm kind of glad. But it's in Lafayette where we visited last Fall. Supposed to be a big to do as well. Lots of parades and beads and stuff.

Anybody ever been?

Ellie,

I am from New Orleans and I have fond memories of all of the Mardi Gras celebrations which I have attended. I am familiar with Lafayette. My closest friend lives there and I have attended Mardi Gras celebrations there, also. The atmosphere is a bit like the parades that rolled through my Uptown neighborhood of New Orleans, family oriented with plenty of colorfully decorated floats and bands. In addition, Lafayette is the center of Acadian culture. The Acadiens, (Cajuns) who were from present day Nova Scotia and New Brunswick, Canada, settled in this region following their expulsion by the British in the mid-18th century. The French language is spoken in many of the smaller communities surrounding Lafayette, as well as the city itself, and their cuisine was adapted to the Louisiana locale. There are numerous restaurants in Lafayette as well as the surrounding area. New Iberia is also worth a visit. I will suggest Pat's which is located in Henderson. It is a small town located in the Atchafalaya Swamp. Drive east on I-10 and take the Henderson exit. Drive all the way to the end of the road (there is a levee at the end of the road separating the restaurant from the swamp) and you will see Pat's on the left. Try anything on the menu, but I recommend the crawfish etouffee. There is a Cajun dance hall located behind the restaurant. If you cannot get out of town then try any local place in Lafayette. I guarantee that you will not be disappointed. We pride ourselves on our cuisine, music, and you will find some of the friendliest people on this continent.

Bonne chance ! Ayez un voyage merveilleux, et appréciez le carnaval !

Bruce

b.c.

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Y'all are talking my corner of the world ;-P

You will have a really good time...and yes, I have done the M.G. scene in Lafayette Parish,BR,Gulfport and Mobile. It is much more subdued than NOLA...but still a very good time.

FYI, for those of you headed to Orleans for Fat Tuesday, part of the city's (re)New Orleans master plan is not looking the other way (like B.K.) on allot of things...so watch your P's if you know what i mean lol. Officials are taking a 'family friendly' Las Vegas approach to recapturing it's tourist base and build it's convention/tourism business beyond pre-Katrina levels. Extreme public intoxication and 'waving your junk around' is not tolerated like years past.

The so-called crackdown(s) on nudity tend(s) to be mostly p.r. stuff and the take varies depending on which public official is doing the talking and to whom.

Problems usually occur when people take behaviors that are tolerated ONLY in the French Quarters (varied states of nudity, semi nudity, and flashing for example) and try it in areas outside certain areas in the Quarters (Bourbon Street, in particular). BIIIG no-no.

Here is a link full of some helpful hints for those planning on coming on down:

Mardi Gras Information | Mardi Gras in New Orleans

Last edited:
Media
The so-called crackdown(s) on nudity tend(s) to be mostly p.r. stuff and the take varies depending on which public official is doing the talking and to whom.

Problems usually occur when people take behaviors that are tolerated ONLY in the French Quarters (varied states of nudity, semi nudity, and flashing for example) and try it in areas outside certain areas in the Quarters (Bourbon Street, in particular). BIIIG no-no.

Here is a link full of some helpful hints for those planning on coming on down:

Mardi Gras Information | Mardi Gras in New Orleans

A HUGE NO-NO...:no:

The rest of the city is like any other.

EllieP

Worshipped Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Thanks for all the tips, guys! We will be going to New Orleans for one evening. Cap's going to be playing with a couple of bands and I think they might be doing House of Blues that night. Either that or Harrah's. Trying to finalize that in the next couple of days.

Spent a few days in Lafayette last year and the people are awesome! We got invited into so many homes and I know they would give me the shirt off their back. One neat old fellow called Jake Como told us we could use his pick-up truck because our rental was going to get stuck in the mud. It was raining cats and dogs at the festival.

Plan to keep all the clothing in place but dressing for maximum bead yield without disrobing. Cap says there's an art to it. I'll let you know!

EllieP

Worshipped Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I guess I am now officially addicted to LPSG! I'm flying over west Georgia on my way to La. for Mardi Gras, and I'm browsing the web. Who knew I was such a techie! And of course I've come here to say hi.

Trying to be discreet in a plane while typing this is a feat. Cap says he can't believe it, that I'm on here again. LOL! I'm so excited we're about to be in New Orleans in about an hour. We're not staying there though. Got a car taking us west from there, but it ought to be fun! Should have thought this through - he doesn't have to be there until tomorrow afternoon so we should have spent one night in New Orleans, but oh well. I suspect we'll be back for a quick visit before we leave.

Cap says I have to behave because there are webcams all over Bourbon Street! I'll let you know if I get close to one! Be sweet, everyone, and I'll bring you back some beads!