I'm half asian, do I look it?

DaveyR

Retired Moderator
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I can't tell because of the make up style you choose to wear but you are not ugly as you suggest.

If you want others to like and respect you then you must like and respect yourself first of all. Good luck.:smile:

dkmilker

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Yeah, lose the make-up if you want to show ppl what you really look like and it would also help if you got your hair out of your face. let's see a straight forward face shot with minimal make-up.

eddyabs

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
You don't look at all ugly to me....would be nice to see your face without make up also...as for the question, you look more caucasian to me, but again, it would be easier to tell without makeup.

hunGreek

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
a) ugly is subjective
b) you are wearing way too much makeup to get a serious reply
c) you definitely got the androgynus look if that was one of your targets
d) as far as i can tell from the fotos you look 100A% caucasian. (i presume you mean asian NOT in the UK* way. if you are from the UK then we cant tell without makeup)

*for those that dont know it, "asian" in the UK means indian/pakistani, NOT chinese/japanese

DaveyR

Retired Moderator
Media
Sexuality
No Response
hunGreek said:
a) ugly is subjective
b) you are wearing way too much makeup to get a serious reply
c) you definitely got the androgynus look if that was one of your targets
d) as far as i can tell from the fotos you look 100A% caucasian. (i presume you mean asian NOT in the UK* way. if you are from the UK then we cant tell without makeup)

*for those that dont know it, "asian" in the UK means indian/pakistani, NOT chinese/japanese

B) That is YOUR opinion

D) I beg to differ - Asian in the UK means anyone from Asia.

D_Gunther Snotpole

Account Disabled
Media
You look 17 per cent Asian, because your makeup brings Geisha to mind.
Actually, as others have said, under all that makeup, one can't tell.
You do look androgenous.
You do look interesting.
You don't look ugly, imho.

D_Gunther Snotpole

Account Disabled
Media
Daverock said:
D) I beg to differ - Asian in the UK means anyone from Asia.

Well, Dave, you are the Brit. But it was my understanding that Asian is very often used, in the UK, to mean Pakistani or East Indian.
That doesn't mean that Brits don't entirely understand, at the same time, that a Filipino, for example, or a Chinese or Japanese, is also Asian by perfectly acceptable (essentially, geographical) definitions.

DaveyR

Retired Moderator
Media
Sexuality
No Response
senor rubirosa said:
Well, Dave, you are the Brit. But it was my understanding that Asian is very often used, in the UK, to mean Pakistani or East Indian.

Correct the term often is used to describe Indians/Pakistanis but it is also used to refer to anyone from Asia. Typical ambiguous British English !

Zombie

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I'm getting all these "too much make up" comments, and shit... :sleeping1:

danglybanger

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I'm half asian, still trying to figure out which half is Asian specifically... I'm thinking the left.

My mom pointed something out to me a long time ago.

I always used to ask if I looked "asian" without giving any thought to why. Then she told me "sometimes I think you don't want to be asian..."

I thought about that a bit. Honestly, It was difficult for me to be subject to all these Asian stereotypes, and I felt like I had to go out of the way to defy them, because I was sick of hearing them so much.

And I don't like being associated with a lot of Asians... who complain about being stereotyped when they go out of their way to ACT like stereotypes... Asians in America act about 100 times goofier than actual Asians in Asia do... It's just like how people of any race get when they become extreme... when they try and let their race define them, and basically their identity becomes just being Filipino, or Mexican, or American. I was actually similarly pissed off that the white part of me was still associated with rednecks and members of the KKK. Guess there's no safe race eh? :wink:

I got over that though... It still bothers me that there are some things a lot of Asians do that just make me cringe, and makes me sorry I'm associated with them in a lot of people's minds. Like I said, a lot of that is limitted to Asians in America... Asians who are actually Asian (in Asia that is) tend to not be so... over the top. So it's Americans I should be mad at. Not asians.

But I don't think it's anything to be ashamed of or anything to worry about on a deep level. You've just got to live your life, and deal with idiots from every color and creed.

...Anyways. You don't look very asian. And for the record, people say I don't either... half Filipino, half English, but I wouldn't be surprised should there be some black sprinkled in ;) I get "funny looking mexican" or "italian" a lot. Examine

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v629/danglybanger/DSCN1237Medium-1.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v499/dwbenn/sladebeer.jpg
...and my favorite :biggrin1:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v499/dwbenn/redslade.jpg

Slade

DaveyR

Retired Moderator
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Zombie said:

They are subjective opinions it is how you view yourself that is important. There are a couple of negatives in the comments but there are plenty of positive ones too. Concentrate on the positive.

People here will judge you by and large on what you say and how you treat others. If they judge you on your looks then they are shallow shits and not worth worrying about.

Just enjoy yourself and have fun here you are most welcome.

D_alex8

Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Zombie said:
Firstly, I used to wear a helluva lot more make-up than you. :rolleyes:

Secondly, people are making that comment not because they disapprove or 'hate' you, but because you're asking a question about your facial features... when those features can scarcely be discerned from the images you've provided due to the abundance of hair and make-up. Their comments are being made with specific relation to being able to answer the question, not as a judgment with regard to lifestyle.

dolf250

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Zombie said:

You are probably getting the comments because of the type of board it is. It is welcoming to pretty much everybody, but not being a “goth” board people will have different tastes. I think they are saying that you look fine, but that it is hard to tell if you look Asian with makeup. They are not suggesting you remove it for looks, just if you want an opinion as to weather or not you appear half Asian. Aside from that, leave it on if you are happy.