I'm hungry.

Enid

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
I've had such my fill of food, I want to finally do a fast day tomorrow

Does anyone have any tips? Water with lemon, I guess. Maybe a veg broth if I get super hungry?

I feel so gross and too full, too much onion bread soaked in tomato soup

MisterB

Worshipped Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
From discussion last night at the dinner table with my fourth grader, I am wondering:

What foods do you eat now that you would not when younger? Or wouldn't even try? Was it taste? Texture? Smell?

For example, canned peas for me. Broccoli. Couldn't, wouldn't eat them then. Love 'em now.

Still hate Brussel Sprouts though. Liver of any kind. Creamed corn. I've tried as an adult, more than once, and I just can't. Just can't control the ol' gag reflex.

How about you?

Reactions: ronin001

LaFemme

Mythical Member
Staff
Verified
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
From discussion last night at the dinner table with my fourth grader, I am wondering:

What foods do you eat now that you would not when younger? Or wouldn't even try? Was it taste? Texture? Smell?

For example, canned peas for me. Broccoli. Couldn't, wouldn't eat them then. Love 'em now.

Still hate Brussel Sprouts though. Liver of any kind. Creamed corn. I've tried as an adult, more than once, and I just can't. Just can't control the ol' gag reflex.

How about you?
Milk and cottage cheese. Both still make me hurl. Can’t do it. I can cook with them, though. Oh, and vinegar. I was traumatized by vinegar. It has to do with my brother spitting salt and vinegar chips in my mouth. I will never get over it. I’m barely at the point where I can use it for cooking, but...urg....blech! The smell...never use it to clean.

Cecil56

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I'm too hot and tired for cooking tonight. Peanut butter and jelly sandwiches! One blueberry and the other strawberry.
Glass or two of milk and call it a done deal.

Maybe an ice cream drum-stick for desert.

I need to rotate the ice cream anyway to get rid of the old stuff anyway.

Have my 12 year old GrandDaughter coming to visit in another week. Need fresh stuff for her!

Reactions: AlteredEgo

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Stocked up on the fruits I can not grow. Bananas and peaches and plumcots

I am narfling plumcots right now.

I turn into a fruit bat during the summer.
images

Stocked up on the fruits I can not grow. Bananas and peaches and plumcots

I am narfling plumcots right now.

I turn into a fruit bat during the summer.
images

Here Fling foxes (fruit bats) are a reservoir species for the deadly Hendra virus.

They poop on the grass as they fly over or in water troughs and horses eat the grass, drink the water and
get infected.
It's also deadly to humans and vets have died from the virus after trying to treat sick horses.

We aren't allowed to shoot the bats who destroy crops, crap on your washing (which have to be disinfected because of the virus) because they're "protected fauna".
Mean while horses and humans die while they try to develop a vaccine which works better than the one they have at the moment.

But yes, fruit is yummy.

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Here Fling foxes (fruit bats) are a reservoir species for the deadly Hendra virus.

They poop on the grass as they fly over or in water troughs and horses eat the grass, drink the water and
get infected.
It's also deadly to humans and vets have died from the virus after trying to treat sick horses.

We aren't allowed to shoot the bats who destroy crops, crap on your washing (which have to be disinfected because of the virus) because they're "protected fauna".
Mean while horses and humans die while they try to develop a vaccine which works better than the one they have at the moment.

But yes, fruit is yummy.

I'm a mannerly fruit bat. I would never poop on the laundry.

Reactions: 950483 and Bonfire

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response

Does anyone have any tips? Water with lemon, I guess. Maybe a veg broth if I get super hungry?

Drinking tea can prevent gas. That's all I've got.

How about you?
Spinach used to burn my mouth. I think, in retrospect, I might have been allergic to it. I also definitely used to be allergic to eggplant. I love both of these vegetables. I'm not allergic to them now.

Reactions: 185248 and MisterB

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Since I was a wee me I've loved all veggies. Legumes, not so much. Now legumes make up a good portion of my diet. Lentils to limas. I much them all.

LaFemme

Mythical Member
Staff
Verified
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Since I was a wee me I've loved all veggies. Legumes, not so much. Now legumes make up a good portion of my diet. Lentils to limas. I much them all.
I want falafel. Maybe tomorrow for lunch. With turnip pickles. Legumes are good!

Cecil56

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Finally grilled that rack of pork ribs tonight. Turned out delicious! (Temp cooled down and rained a bit)

Anyone ever try Roufus Teague sauce? "touch of heat" was what I used. Very good....might want to try it, bought it
at Walmart...upon a friend pointing toward's the stuff and a sample taste. Good stuff!

Now I can't decide whether Sweet Baby Rays sweet and spicy or Roufus Teague is my favorite sauce. Might try mixing then next time!

englad

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight

How about you?

I used to hate broccoli as a kid, now I love the stuff. I think it was definitely the taste with broccoli. Also hate brussel sprouts, now I can cope with them. I rarely ever cook them, but when I do it tends to be with white wine, creme fraiche and bacon (so obviously they taste nice if you cook them in that kind of sauce lol). I used to also be very picky about fat on meat, now less so.

It frustrates me that I can't get into liver, because I LOVE the smell of it cooking. Perhaps what I need is a bf, who adores liver so I could cook it regularly haha.

I have always despised vinegar, it smells rotten to me. Vinegar is only used as a limescale remover in my household.

And I still loathe rocket (AKA Satan's leaves). I don't like bitter foods that much.

Treat yourself to a tarka dhal, absolutely delish!

Drinking tea can prevent gas. That's all I've got.

Spinach used to burn my mouth. I think, in retrospect, I might have been allergic to it. I also definitely used to be allergic to eggplant. I love both of these vegetables. I'm not allergic to them now.
Eating regularly, same times....prevents farting. Then again, my random intake of baked beans may play some interference in this. Yet...I fart non smelly....yet again...I could be somewhat biased. :)

I am absolutely not going to cook. I don't want to. Also, everything I can think of to go out and get sounds terrible. It's probably the heatwave. Everything sounds like nope.

I'm ridiculous.

What are you gonna eat?

It's approaching midnight here........and wondering...what is a quick fix for hunger.

Ommmmmmmlette :)..Capsicum, onion, mixed herbs, peas, corn.... maybe a bit of bacon or ham. 5 minutes in the nuclear furnace...........these things are the best since sliced bread for a healthy snack....yeah...ok...plus a couple of chook eggs :)
microwave-ham-and-tomato-omelette-46983-1.jpeg

No bread. Start your morning with oats...with fruit and honey. Will last you till lunchtime. Then....a fresh salad with egg and a little salt on the tomato..or a bit of salad dressing. Just eat regularly.