I'm in love

kevluvzu

Just Browsing
Media
Hi guys, I've talked to someone on this web site, but I want to hear other people's opinions about this.

I'm an 18 yr old guy who goes to a community college, and I fell in love with a guy in my class. I met him this quarter, and I really like his personality, smile, jokes, look, and everything. I can't get him out of my head. I've tried to talk to him, but I'm too shy to even say "Hi."

But, I saw him kissing a girl in a library the other day, and I recently found out that he's a christian. This is stressing me out because I really love him, but I don't know what to do. I could move on if he was an ordinary guy, but I feel like it's a once-in-a-life-time chane to see such a sweet guy like him.

How do you think I should do? Do you think I should make some changes?

Thanks, and sorry if there's a thread like this before.

davidjh7

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Hi guys, I've talked to someone on this web site, but I want to hear other people's opinions about this.

I'm an 18 yr old guy who goes to a community college, and I fell in love with a guy in my class. I met him this quarter, and I really like his personality, smile, jokes, look, and everything. I can't get him out of my head. I've tried to talk to him, but I'm too shy to even say "Hi."

But, I saw him kissing a girl in a library the other day, and I recently found out that he's a christian. This is stressing me out because I really love him, but I don't know what to do. I could move on if he was an ordinary guy, but I feel like it's a once-in-a-life-time chane to see such a sweet guy like him.

How do you think I should do? Do you think I should make some changes?

Thanks, and sorry if there's a thread like this before.

Honestly, you are only setting yourself up for the biggest heartache around. You may feel he is your soulmate, but everything you say tels me that nothing but pain can come out of this, for both of you. He may even cause you alot of trouble among yur peers and instructors. I know how you feel, I honestly do--I fell for a friend my freshman year in college, I felt a connection the first time I ever saw him. And I carried a torch for him for 18 years. And he is still the person who I loved the most in my life. But no matter how hard it is, some things are not meant to be. I was an usher in his wedding party, and he has two beautiful kids now, both stunning young men, now in their teens. The last time I saw him, quite a few years ago now, and long after I hadn;t seen him for a long time, he still made my stomach flip. But I had to accept the situation for what it was, and not try to make him be someone he wasn't, no matter how much I wanted it. DO whatever you need to do to let him go, and grieve for what might have been in another life. But even though you won;t get to love him, there will be others who you will love, who will love you back. And that is something worthwhile, no matter where you go in life. Try to seperate yurself from him as much as possible. TIme and distance will let you heal, and move on with your life. Hang in there. One day at a time...

headbang8

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Kevluvzu,

Sorry to be harsh. But what you have is a crush. Not a case of being in love.

When you inally come to love someone, and you experience being loved in return, you'll truly know what it's like to be in love. And it will be richer and more fulfilling than anything you feel now.

How does one get over a crush? You don't have to. Enjoy it for what it is--a pleasurable fantasy. But don't live in a fantasy world. Get out there, date other men, open yourself to the possibility of love from elsewhere.

Unrequited love is something almost all of us have to bear. Trust me, this won't be the last time in your life you'll ever have a crush.

HB8