I'm just wondering what would you do?

Discussion in 'Relationships, Discrimination, and Jealousy' started by sixlittleboi, Oct 2, 2010.

1. sixlittleboi

sixlittleboi Member

Albums:
    Ok here's the situation. I went to a pride parade in and met a guy. We were laughing and joking whatever. We exchanged numbers and have been talking sort of for the past week. Mostly texts a couple of conversations. So we talked about making plans for this weekend. I told him I was free Friday and Sunday and he to let me know if he was free and wanted to get together. He never said anything but then tonight I get a text about why I didn't text or call to let him know I wasn't going to be able to get together Friday night. I told him he was right and apologized for being a lack of consideration on my part. The thing is the more I think about it the more I'm a little annoyed. I asked him to let me know what day would work for him so we could maybe make some plans. I never heard from him about it so I made other plans on Friday. First I'm a little bothered at how upset he is considering we have never gone out. He also texted that he missed me which I'm confused about because again we have not really gone out or anything it could just be me but that's odd. Anyway I'm gonna try to call him and see what happens but I'm not sure how I want the conversation to go. I've never really done anything like this before so I'm not sure if it's just me over thinking it or it is a little fast to be acting like we are in a relationship.

2. AndyRodDick

AndyRodDick New Member

It's definitely more than a little fast to be acting like you are in a relationship! You don't even know this guy. I'd let it go and take it easy until you know him a little better. I don't think worrying that much over a stranger is worth it, even if you hit it off at the pride parade :smile:

3. ManlyBanisters

Gold Member

Hang on - I'm confused.

1. You texted him saying I'm free Friday or Sunday. You didn't hear back.
    2. He texts you Friday evening / night saying why didn't you tell him you couldn't meet up.

That doesn't make sense - Why do you feel the need to apologise to him if you told him you WERE free and he did not respond to arrange anything?

Did you leave something out? Did he text late on Friday with a suggestion but you'd made alternate plans by then?

4. ConstantComment

ConstantComment New Member

Based on what you have written I woul;d guess that he was keeping his options opened. When nothing else turned up and he couldn't reach you, he decided to try to make you look in the wrong. I don't like people who pull that, you two will never see eye to eye because he will be the one looking for max flexibility rarely committing to anything. But then when he does miss something, he will try to paint you as the one repsonsible.

Avoid him.

5. Brick7

Brick7 Active Member

Albums:
    The dark conservative heart of Central California
    You said "I'm free Friday and Saturday...let me know if you want to get together." So he assumed you would be free those nights. You didn't say "If I don't hear back from you I will make other plans." Perhaps you should have been a little more explicit in what you were saying/meant.
    So I would give him the benefit of the doubt, chalk it up to miscommunication and try again if you think you'd like to pursue some sort of relationship with the guy.

6. Tim37

Tim37 Member

I would ask him if he texted you saying he wanted to get together Friday night. Could be you did not get his text. If he says no I would ask him why he thought you were meeting on Friday.

7. ConstantComment

ConstantComment New Member

That's a diplomatic way of handling it. Beware though of people who claim to have sent you texts and e-mails that too often don't get received.

8. exwhyzee

Gold Member

Depends on how much you like him. If you really want to meet, follow through with a phone call (texting seems unreliable) and ask what Tim37 suggested. If your gut is telling you move along...then move swiftly along.

9. helgaleena

Gold Member

Albums:
    My take on this is that he has you confused with somebody else he met at the pride event around the same time as you! You have to get this straightened out in person or via telephone.

10. big_tits4big_dicks

big_tits4big_dicks New Member

Yeah, there was a lack of communication. HOWEVER, whats his deal? Anyone acts that way with me after we first meet I inform them that they can save the drama for their mama. You have lost nothing because you don't know this guy, but red flags already? Run.

Draft saved Draft deleted