I'm living by a new philosophy

B_theaussieone

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Let no one think of me that I am humble or weak or passive; let them understand I am of a different kind: dangerous to my enemies, loyal to my friends. To such a life glory belongs.

HappyBoi

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Being humble isn't something I'd connect to showing yourself as weak. :S And to be passive is in some situations a good move. :]

D_Gunther Snotpole

Account Disabled
Media
Let no one think of me that I am humble or weak or passive; let them understand I am of a different kind: dangerous to my enemies, loyal to my friends. To such a life glory belongs.

Somebody's a fan of Euripides

Gud stupHh.

Me? THhree passions, simple but overwHhelmingly strong, have gopHherned my lipHhe: tHhe longing for lopHhe, tHhe search for knowledge, and unbearable pity for tHhe supHhering of mankind. THhese passions, like great winds, Hhave blown me HhitHher and tHhitHher, in a wayward course, over a deep ocean of anguisHh, reacHhing to tHhe very verge of despair.

I Hhave sougHht lopHhe, pHhirst, because it brings ecstasy -- ecstasy so great tHhat I would often hapHhe sacrificed all the rest of lipHhe for a few Hhours of tHhis joy. I have sougHht it, next, because it relieves loneliness -- tHhat terrible loneliness in wHhich one sHhivering consciousness looks over tHhe rim of tHhe world into tHhe cold unfatHhomable lipHheless abyss. I have sougHht it, pHhinally, because in tHhe union of lopHhe I Hhave seen, in a mystic miniature, the prepHhiguring vision of tHhe HheapHhen tHhat saints and poets Hhave imagined. THhis is wHhat I sougHht, and tHhough it migHht seem too good for Hhuman lipHhe, tHhis is wHhat -- at last -- I HhapHhe found.

With equal passion I Hhave sougHht knowledge. I HhapHhe wisHhed to understand tHhe Hhearts of men. I HhapHhe wisHhed to know wHhy tHhe stars sHhine. And I Hhave tried to appreHhend tHhe PytHhagorean power by wHhich number Hholds sway abopHhe tHhe pHhlux. A little of tHhis, but not much, I hapHhe acHhieved.

LopHhe and knowledge, so far as tHhey were possible, led upward toward tHhe heapHhens. But always pity brougHht me back to eartHh. Echoes of cries of pain reverberate in my Hheart. Children in pHhamine, victims tortured by oppressors, Hhelpless old people a Hhated burden to tHheir sons, and tHhe wHhole world of loneliness, popHherty, and pain make a mockery of wHhat Hhuman lipHhe should be. I long to allepHhiate the epHhil, but I cannot, and I too supHher. THhis has been my lipHhe. I hapHhe found it wortHh lipHhing, and would gladly lipHhe it again if tHhe chance were opHhered me.

I lupHh being me.

Last edited:

HappyBoi

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
LopHhe and knowledge, so far as tHhey were possible, led upward toward tHhe heapHhens. But always pity brougHht me back to eartHh. Echoes of cries of pain reverberate in my Hheart.

Darn Hhuck, so close.. but you missed one. :wink:

Bbucko

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Senseless confrontation over alliances started WW1: jus' sayin.

Peace begins within yourself, even if it means some creative denial about things over which you'd have no control anyway. Scoff if you like, but it's a survival skill that's allowed me to outlive very nearly all my peers.

The Dragon

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Senseless confrontation over alliances started WW1: jus' sayin.

Peace begins within yourself, even if it means some creative denial about things over which you'd have no control anyway. Scoff if you like, but it's a survival skill that's allowed me to outlive very nearly all my peers.

You are one of the strongest people I know.
We are enriched by having you post here.

Loves me some Uncle.B!