I'm off to the dorms.

xrush_uncut

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I went to two different colleges and had different showering experiences. In 1992 I went to a private college in Miami, FL that had community showers, but they were 4 stalls, each with their own walls and door. Many of the guys walked to the showers naked or with just a towel. I changed and everything inside.

When I went to a public college though, it was a real community showe. It was one big room about 15 feet by 10 feet. There were 4 showerheads on each sidewall and two on the back wall. While I've heard stories from other schools, at this one, it was sort of an unwritten rule that if you heard the shower going you'd stay away. I never walked in to find two or three or four guys showering together. In fact, I remember there were a couple guys that refused to shower. Instead, they just washed at the sink. As nervous as I always am about getting naked in front of people with larger penises than my own, I still sucked it up and showered nude. I tried to steal a few glimpses sometimes, but never saw college cock in this school.

The only other time I showered in a community showers was in Military School. This brought guys even closer because it was like an 8 inch pole with 5 or 6 showerheads coming from it, and all the guys would stand around and shower next to each other, bumping accidentally, etc.

Depending on when the dorms were designed, I guess it could be any of the above, but I'm guessing more likely the first one. Many of the older dorms were designed to increase interaction between dormmates and foster an environment of openness and togetherness, not in a gay way or anything, but to sort of build a "family". Today, the mindset has changed for more privacy.

D_Martin van Burden

Account Disabled
Media
Seconded, thirded, fourth'ded regarding shower shoes. Had a plantar wart to deal with here, and it was a pain in the neck (though easily treatable). Pick up a pair of flimsies at Old Navy or Gap for a few bucks and you'll do fine. You'll also want to take your shower caddy and towel in the shower stall with you, if you've got a prankster on your hall.

Truthfully, I didn't have much of a shower story. I started out as a bio major and there weren't many folks on the hall up as early as me, so I could get in and get out fairly quickly. Most guys just wore their towels around their asses, and none I could recall were the macho studly showoff type. Ain't a big deal. Just get in there, get clean, and get out.

You can admire dick during Rush Week.

SurferGirlCA

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I was only in a traditional dorm-style dorm my freshman year. Each floor had 10-12 rooms on either side of the elevator, and each side had its own bathroom. We had individual stalls with curtains.

I did notice in one of the male dorms that their shower was just one big area with a bunch of individual shower heads.

I remember wondering why they had a different shower setup for each gender, but I thought maybe the male dorm was older and that was just how they did it back when it was built.

SlickWilly

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
do whatever makes YOU comfortable. Typically, you'll lose a lot of inhibitions at college, though everyone's experience is different. I was extremely shy when I was young. I still am, in some ways. But now I could care less what people think when I head to the shower after my workout at the gym... like I'm going to wrap a clean towel around my sweaty, smelly body that I'll later use to dry off? I don't think so.

Unbelievable that so many young guys never had to shower after PE.

I remember the first time I had to get undressed in front of others was for gym in third or fourth grade. Yea, I was nervous- practically falling over to try & keep myself covered up. But I got over it pretty quickly.

By junior high, showers were required after PE. It was a community/gang type shower with about a dozen or so shower heads & a line of guys waiting to get cleaned up. Again, I was nervous at first, but you get over it quickly. Nudity is a pretty good equalizer- at least at that age.

In my fraternity house, the bathrooms were military-style. A wall of showerheads, a row of toilets, and a row of urinals. No stalls of any kind. If you were shy (like I was), the brothers made sure you got over it pretty quickly. You quickly learned NOT to got take a dump after a little sister dinner. Nothing like sitting there doin your business & have the door kicked open while all the girls march past! But hey, it's no big deal. It's actually hilarious to look back on. Anyways... here's my advice...

Don't get all hung up on someone seeing you naked. It's going to happen eventually, I guarantee it. So what! Learn to be comfortable with your body- it's nothing to be ashamed of, and worrying about what someone might see or say is a waste of your energy.

GeorgeTSLC

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
SurferGirlCA said:
I was only in a traditional dorm-style dorm my freshman year. Each floor had 10-12 rooms on either side of the elevator, and each side had its own bathroom. We had individual stalls with curtains.

I did notice in one of the male dorms that their shower was just one big area with a bunch of individual shower heads.

I remember wondering why they had a different shower setup for each gender, but I thought maybe the male dorm was older and that was just how they did it back when it was built.
That's not evidence of different ages--just of a different age!

In the old days, "girls" (not yet teenage women) were expected to be prissy and to want more privacy than men did. And in those same days--40 yrs ago when I was a teen--wanting privacy from showering with other guys was prima facie evidence of being gay/unmanly.

twistedwrister

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
thanks everybody. i definitely learned some valuable info. i never would have bothered with shower shoes before but now i don't think i'll ever step foot in there without em! and i guess the being naked thing is something i'm just going to have to get used to...? oh well. here's to embarassment. :smile:

~twisted

Nomad

Experimental Member
Media
twistedwrister, just be confident and you'll be fine! Don't worry about what anyone thinks.

And I wish you the best of luck at college and I hope you have a great future!

fkaKyuhaku

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
im in college now, and all i can say is, stay in the dorms for a year, make a shit load of friends, and get the hell out of em and get a place of your own. Being in the same room with another person every single day is just a bit annoying. Thank heavens i had my girlfriends house to escape to.

GeorgeTSLC

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
twistedwrister said:
i guess the being naked thing is something i'm just going to have to get used to...? oh well. here's to embarassment. :smile:
Make that,
"Here's to embarrassment--and getting over it!"
and I, for one, will drink to that! :beerchug:

(For use in your college papers . . . if they're still doing those . . . or other cases where the spelling actually matters: Remember, embarrassment is the same number of letters as embareassment. It's the only way I seem to be able to remember the spelling! And I can't think of any other board where I'd be likely to admit this mnemonic. :bad2:)

Templar90

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Having played sports in high school, showering in the lockeroom with a gang of young, hot sweaty jocks was not an unusual thing for me - luckily!

My dorm at Colorado had shower stalls with curtains, and a changing area in front of that. I found that guys grew increasingly lax about covering theselves as the year went on - even to the point of cruising the hall in boxers. Just no big deal. Dorms were coed, so the the girls on the other side always wore robes to the bathroom.

I also played football at CU, so I often showered at the athletic center after a morning workout. Again, lockeroom = open showers.

After frosh year, I moved into the fraternity where we had both open showers for underclassmen and suites for the seniors. Admittedly, I would strategically choose when to shower according to whom I was checking out at the time. Between the football team and the fraternity, I was maddeningly surrounded by scores of hot men. Look but no touch! [sigh].

Anyway, you'll find your way, and what works for you and the social expectations of your dorm. Undoubtedly, wear the shower shoes. I lost count of how many times I thanked the Lord I had mine upon noticing some clump of hair, or worse, a big gob of man mustard on the shower floor. Though, in the group showers this isn't an issue since the jerking off only happens in the stalls.

Anyway - good luck. Have fun. College can be the best time of your life. No need to get hung up about being naked. That's the best part!

D_Cleught Clitickler

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Kyuhaku said:
im in college now, and all i can say is, stay in the dorms for a year, make a shit load of friends, and get the hell out of em and get a place of your own. Being in the same room with another person every single day is just a bit annoying. Thank heavens i had my girlfriends house to escape to.

From your gallery it looks like your GF was one lucky lady to have you going over so regularly....