I'm on the verge of making a huge mistake...

wallyj84

Superior Member
Media
Necromancy time...

We are moving ahead with this. We just started talking about specifics dates for her to come.

I don't know how I feel about it. In a way I love her, not in the way I loved she who shall not be named, but in a way I love her. I also feel very sorry for her due to her recent health and obsessive concerns, so I want to help her and this is the easiest way to do that.

Not sure. She is coming within a couple of months.

Is this love?

twoton

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I think you need to look past the health concerns and obsessive concerns. If those are dealt with, taken care of, what then will you have for her?

wallyj84

Superior Member
Media
I think you need to look past the health concerns and obsessive concerns. If those are dealt with, taken care of, what then will you have for her?

I didn't mean to write obsessive concerns. I meant job concerns. Anyway, she has issues with her job and health and this makes me feel sorry for her and want to take care of her.

Heat

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
But I can't seem to stop myself.

I broke up with this girl about four years ago. We weren't a good match, but we dated for 2 years.

After we broke up, I unfriended her on FB and moved on with my life. I thought about her sometimes, but I was totally over her. About 8 months ago she contacts me out of the blue and we start talking again. There was no spark anymore though. I was totally over her and kinda wondered how we dated for so long to begin with.

Well, to make a long story short, I recently asked her to move in with me. And she's considering it.

I don't want to live with her, I'm just really, really lonely. I know this is a really bad decision, but I can't stop myself. I'm just so lonely.

I don't think the fear of or dislike of loneliness is some weird psychological thing that necessarily requires therapy or meds or great soul searching or anything like that. The fact is, YOU like to have more energy in your life -- energy from others, from activity, etc. I totally understand it as I have the same feeling about the issue. I work very hard to be proactive to make sure it doesn't happen because, well, I am not good in managing that feeling or the actual physical and psychological reaction I have to it. I contribute my feeling about it the fact that I grew up with 4 siblings and so I was sort of "built" for commotion, as long as I have a quiet place to go to when I need that, which anyone does.
So -- good for you for recognizing this fact about yourself. Now you just have to learn make healthy choices about it. Maybe your former gf is not the right person. Maybe, as the poster above said, you should get a roommate -- take your time in finding the person so that you can be at least a certain level of friends. You'll feel their energy in your home and it will help a lot. Of course there are other things you can do too, such as registering on Air BNB, etc. -- which provide temporary roomies and add some life to yours.

wallyj84

Superior Member
Media
She is gone. I enjoyed being with her and miss her now that she is gone.

It was awkward at first, because we hadn't been around each other for so long, but she warmed up to me as the week went on and we started to really enjoy each other's company and companionship.

Interestingly enough, we didn't have sex. Neither one of us tried to initiate it. I was too tired from all the sightseeing to try and in the end sex wasn't really what I was after. I just wanted to feel loved and cared for.

I don't know where things will go from here. But I am happy with how this week went.

wallyj84

Superior Member
Media
Sounds like she is more of a close friend than a lover. If you're both clear on that fact and you still want to be together then this could work.

You seem like a nice person. Let that shine through.
But we've both talked about this as more than just a friendship. Although I do get what you mean.

The things I did for her this week were much more than I would do for friend, even my best friend.

If you can't be happy alone, you will never be happy with a rod in your hand which is worth two in the bush and the rain in Spain is like a full moon on the eve of a sunrise in the middle of the Never Never.

I bet you don't feel lonely now.

I'm on the verge of making a huge mistake...

You say this like it was your first..and going to be your last.

Reactions: wallyj84