I'm Only 21 - Why Is My Penis Acting like I'm 71?

B_bobs3304

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I've been under alot of stress/depression the last year, ever since I dropped out of school and had to put up with a tonna family strife.

During that time, I've almost lost my morning wood, and it's almost like if I jurk off now, I need more recovery time because it gets sore...

Plus my libido is down.

What's a fella to do boys?

jeff black

Expert Member
Media
I've been under alot of stress/depression the last year, ever since I dropped out of school and had to put up with a tonna family strife.

During that time, I've almost lost my morning wood, and it's almost like if I jurk off now, I need more recovery time because it gets sore...

Plus my libido is down.

What's a fella to do boys?

Well, you have pretty much said it, haven't you? You are under stress and depressed. Both of these tend to cause a lack of sexual excitement.

As for the soreness, I can't say I am sure about it. Is it possible you are jerking harder to maintain the erection?

B_bobs3304

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Well, you have pretty much said it, haven't you? You are under stress and depressed. Both of these tend to cause a lack of sexual excitement.

As for the soreness, I can't say I am sure about it. Is it possible you are jerking harder to maintain the erection?

No, b/c when I was a teenager I could jurk off like 4 times before getting sore...

Chuck64

Experimental Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I have to agree. It's probably just stress. Learn to let it go. If self-help doesn't get you there, consider some kind of therapy.

Also, next time you visit your family doctor, be sure to list it as a major concern - or make a special visit for it. You may just get a referral to some kind of professional counseling to work through the stress in your life, but hey! you know where to go now.

IchWill69

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Hang in there man.

I've been in your position and let me tell ya you can get back to where ya want to be in life if you just keep slugging it out and try to fly above the crap.

Get a part-time job, do some community college, get some financial aid and keep focused on the prize.

PaulF

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Hi at 21 you should not be stressed out Stop taking the world on your shoulders, just be youself and live your life everything else will fall into place:wink:

Meniscus

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
First of all, I've been having the same problem (although I'm 36), so I empathize. I agree that stress & depression are the most likely causes, but knowing that doesn't really help you, does it?

I suggest seeing your doctor to rule out other causes. Lots of different things can cause low libido. Usually it's something "minor" like stress and/or depression, but it can also be a sympton of more serious illnesses (e.g., cancer, HIV infection) so take it seriously and get it checked out.

In my case, my doctor tested my testosterone levels and my brain hormone levels (because, as I understand it, brain hormones regulate testosterone). If the brain hormone are off, that can be a sign of something serious (e.g., a brain tumor), and then I would have begun treatment for that. Fortunately, my results were normal.

I don't mean to freak you out. It's unlikely that there's any physical illness, but there's no harm in getting it checked out. Most likely your problem is "just" stress and depression, so once you've ruled other things out, you can start dealing it. Your doctor may recommend counseling. If you can't afford a psychologist and don't have health insurance, ask your doctor if there are free mental health services in your area, or maybe try talking to a social worker.

Do whatever you can to try to improve your life. If you can get back into school, that's great. If you can't, then explore other options. See if there are any job training programs that might work for you.

Also, when you're not trying to deal with the work/school aspect of your life, try to spend more time doing things you enjoy. For example, f you like playing cards but don't do it very often, try to set up a regular game. If you play an instrument but don't get to play much, try to make time to play more often. Or maybe it's time to try new things. If you like sports see if there's an adult softball team, or volleyball, or even dodgeball (like the movie). Your community probably had adult classes that are just for fun, not career-oriented (like art, photography, cooking, dance, yoga/pilates, astronomy, etc.)

Those may sound like horrible ideas to you, but they are just suggestions. The point is to find some things you like doing because doing them will help you stay mentally, creatively, and socially active. Try not to worry about sex and dwell on your problems. If you are able to start enjoying life again, the depression may lift, and you may find your libido coming back.

Best of luck to you.

bubba123

Just Browsing
Media
Try exercise. It does me good. I think running and biking are great sources of burning off excess stress. Excercising outside gets my mind off myself and on the bigger pictures in life. Running outside in particular is good for my sex drive. Or, try group exercises like Yoga and Pilates. I have found these group exercises to be a good way to get in touch with your entire mind and body and the relationship between the two. It is also a great way to meet people who are interested in improving their lives. You are not the first person to have stress. The most important thing with stress is learning to manage it. You may not be able to get rid of it, you have to manage it. Find a friend to vent, maybe even one of your new exercise buddies! You just might find they exercise like you to help manage their stress. Start small, "Baby Steps" just a walk in a park is a good place to start. Do a kind deed for someone, even a stranger. It will pay you back ten-fold. You can not receive what you do not give. Start small, just a smile or a friendly word to someone. You will reap the benefits. Best Wishes!

Pancho Pantera

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Dude, you're better off than me. At least you KNOW why your libido's gone. I feel just dandy except for having the sex drive of an old man. The other common causes for low libido don't apply to me: I'm fit... healthy... and I eat right. I'm pretty sure YOU have nothing to worry about though. As the others have said, a loss of libido after being depressed is pretty common. Me on the other hand, I probably have something they haven't named yet :eek:

You'll bounce back man. The great thing about the human brain is that it's built to forget. That's why time heels all wounds... you'll see :smile: .