I'm ready to give up looking for sex online

B_The Greek Dude

Experimental Member
Media
I've been stood up from an internet connection before. I think there are very few things that can make you feel worse.
'

Edit: I've posted online before, saying that i'm looking for local people around my age, and. . .I kid you not. . .the only responses I got were from 50+ year old men that lived about 2 and a half hours away. One guy was 74 and lives in Columbus.

lamplight

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
In my experience, you're far more likely got get laid from an ordinary dating site, than an adult one.

I had ads up on a couple of the adult ones, and the only girls i talked to really didn't appeal to me, but on the ordinary free dating sites there are plenty of girls looking for a guy to meet. I feel that the problem arises as soon as sex is the main and only goal.

There is suddenly a big commitment, and I can see how that can be difficult for women. I mean, they're not as purely visual as (most) men.

That being said, I've hooked up with a woman or two online, but after getting to know them. But then again, personally, I wouldn't have it any other way. Anonymous meetings kind of creep me out. Maybe I'm just paranoid.

B_retracted

Experimental Member
Media
OP, it sounds like you're quick to get into a tizzy. As someone else said, people are only horny for so long and they do things they normally wouldn't do (like answer an ad for a whore) but then, once that's over, the go back to acting rationally which explains why you didn't get that phone call. But I must say that you're really blowing a non-phone call out of proportion. If that's all you have to worry about in your life, then your life must be a charmed one.

wellhung123

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
OP, it sounds like you're quick to get into a tizzy. As someone else said, people are only horny for so long and they do things they normally wouldn't do (like answer an ad for a whore) but then, once that's over, the go back to acting rationally which explains why you didn't get that phone call. But I must say that you're really blowing a non-phone call out of proportion. If that's all you have to worry about in your life, then your life must be a charmed one.

It's not just "a phone call" that bothers me it the sum of many experiences with this "phone call" being the last one. I guess I'll never understand the motives behind the behavior of a lot of people. I try to be rationale in my life but I guess others do not - especially horny gay men trying to deceive others. But I guess that's to be expected!