I'm scared that I might have a urethra infection

Discussion in 'The Healthy Penis' started by Stretchpants, May 1, 2007.

1. Stretchpants

Stretchpants New Member

Help, I need some advice on this issue. The other day I was curious about stretching my peehole slit opening. Being an idiot I didn't research the topic first beforehand. I used a large unsterilized pen to insert in my penis and I am afraid that I might have damaged my urethra doing this. I am worried this could lead to an infection because there might be a cut of some sort inside the urethra. It's been over 48 hours since I did this and it still burns like crazy when I urinate. I'm extremely embarassed about this and don't want my family to know. I have been drinking a ton of Cranberry juice as recommended by some sites and taking vitamins. How long would you wait before going to the doctor?

2. Kotchanski

Staff Member Moderator Gold Member

Albums:
    I think you've waited long enough in all honesty, its not like an infection in a cut on your knee because you've fallen down the stairs drunk, that would probably clear up by itself, and if not, no real harm done, this is your penis, slightly more important to keep that healthy given the nature of the organ its far more prone to nastier infections....

Go see the bloody Doctor

3. BigA

BigA New Member

ouuuuch... damn. I don't think you need to tell your family what you did. But I'd see the doctor now.

4. Stretchpants

Stretchpants New Member

I'm having a chest surgery on May 17th and will be on antibiotics. Will that help heal the wound and do you think I can get by till then or is this even more dangerous since they will be inserting a cathader? Btw the pain is only located in the head of the penis.

5. Kotchanski

Albums:
    I can't believe you're even considering this..

For a start you don't want to be giving meds extra work to do after the surgery, and have you considered how getting ill might affect the surgery planned?

Just stop whinning about how embarrased you are and see your damn Doc already.

6. BigA

BigA New Member

Boy. I don't really know. But my thinking is better safe than sorry

7. Stretchpants

Stretchpants New Member

Thanks for being honest. :worried:

If the pain were to stop in 24 hours would you still see the doctor?

8. davidjh7

Gold Member

SEE A DOCTOR!! DO NOT PASS GO! DO NOT COLLECT $200! Seriously, even if the pain stops, that doesn;t mean that there wasn;t some damage done, or issues that could compkicate your surgery. YOur regular doc will likely refer you to a urologist, who may do a sounding of your urethra. you DEFINATELY do not want any issues with your urethra if you are going to be catheterized. THe risk of infection in catheterization is high enough as it is, and you do NOT want your immune system compromized in ANY way before surgery. You want to end up with a staff infection, and die? GO see the damned doctor already!
    Ok--harsh mode off--but I felt it was needed to get my point across. Good luck on your upcoming surgery, BTW! And as far as the embarassement factor, the urologist has seen it all, and is a professional. And the only way your family will find out is if you tell them. THere are LAWS that protect patient privacy, and being in the medical community myself I can tell you that ALL medical personell take those laws VERY seriously. THis is an issue that is beat daily into medical personell about patient privacy. Go see the doctor, please!

9. Kotchanski

Albums:
    Yes I would

There are many infections for which pain isn't a major side effect, several start with pain and develop into painless infections and others don't get painful for a long time.

The body is an amazing thing and can almost learn to forget the pain, the fact that its hurting to the point where you've made a thread about it suggests that something certainly is wrong and regardless of how long those effects stay with you, you should really get it checked out. You don't want to find out 3 months down the line that you've had some nasty infection festering there unknown because you were too embarrased to see the doc.

10. Stretchpants

Stretchpants New Member

Alright I think what I'll do is call the urologist tomorrow. I'm registered under my mothers PPO so that shouldn't be a problem.

11. Stretchpants

Stretchpants New Member

12. Stretchpants

Stretchpants New Member

Wanted to let you all know that I didn't have an infection.

13. B_horribleperson

B_horribleperson New Member

the only way to stop the infection from spreading to the rest of your body is to cut off your penis

Draft saved Draft deleted