I'm sick of paying god damn rent!

mitchymo

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Or more exactly i'm sick of the cost of rent, this one bill alone eats up 40+% of my earnings after tax and national insurance has been paid and for what?
It can not seriously cost so much to maintain an inanimate object especially as we pay the utility costs and we pay the redecoration costs. If it was made of mud and kept needing to be rebuilt i could understand but its a joke, seriously. I can't afford to buy broken household items without having to take out a loan, i can't afford to contribute to a savings account. I'm working more for the government than i am for myself, i'd be better looked after if i was in prison, its a joke. How are we going to change the status quo where governments are here to do what is socially responsible on our behalf instead of revelling in power. Rent should be abolished!!!! GRRRR!!!! I don't even care how ludicrous anyone else may think it is, the world sucks eggs (unless of course you don't have financial worries in which case where's the problem? right, i bet)

Rant over!

nealin

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
after 20% down my mortgage is less on a 3 bedroom house than what I was paying in rent for a two bedroom apt. Plenty of room for you here Mitchymo, and dont worry about the rent we'll work something out... ;-)

Last edited:

Deno

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Tenants in the US don't pay property taxes that fund our cities, counties and schools. Usually rental units are taxed at different rates plus the owners have licenses to pay water bills to pay and property insurance. Every penny of rent I collect goes to the bank to pay bills. What do I get, a place to live. Plus I have to pay income tax on every penny of rent I collect. At least if you get tired of where you are you can move much easier then if you own a property and the bank owns you. Believe me I know how you feel, it might cost a bit more but you could be putting your money into your own place, find a rental property of your own to purchase and let the tenants pay for you. It's not for everyone.

invisibleman

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Or more exactly i'm sick of the cost of rent, this one bill alone eats up 40+% of my earnings after tax and national insurance has been paid and for what?
It can not seriously cost so much to maintain an inanimate object especially as we pay the utility costs and we pay the redecoration costs. If it was made of mud and kept needing to be rebuilt i could understand but its a joke, seriously. I can't afford to buy broken household items without having to take out a loan, i can't afford to contribute to a savings account. I'm working more for the government than i am for myself, i'd be better looked after if i was in prison, its a joke. How are we going to change the status quo where governments are here to do what is socially responsible on our behalf instead of revelling in power. Rent should be abolished!!!! GRRRR!!!! I don't even care how ludicrous anyone else may think it is, the world sucks eggs (unless of course you don't have financial worries in which case where's the problem? right, i bet)

Rant over!

after 20% down my mortgage is less on a 3 bedroom hose than what I was paying in rent for a two bedroom apt. Plenty of room for you here Mitchymo, and dont worry about the rent we'll work something out... :wink:

:eek:OMG...I think you don't have to pay rent anymore. Hello?! :smile:

Deno

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
after 20% down my mortgage is less on a 3 bedroom hose than what I was paying in rent for a two bedroom apt. Plenty of room for you here Mitchymo, and dont worry about the rent we'll work something out... ;-)

You got a 3 bedroom hose, damn you do belong at LPSG

mitchymo

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
On the off chance that you'd prefer the City to Kansas, you're welcome here, too, Mitch. :biggrin1:

New York? Hmmm, the Eastern seaboard is not desireable approaching 2012 lol :rolleyes:
Plenty of room for you here Mitchymo, and dont worry about the rent we'll work something out... ;-)

Says the guy that deleted me from his facebook friends list....:frown1: only joking, i don't REALLY care that i can't see your face anymore.......hmff, hmff :biggrin1:

B_Nick8

Cherished Member
Media
New York City, by way of Marblehead, Boston and Ge
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
New York? Hmmm, the Eastern seaboard is not desireable approaching 2012 lol :rolleyes:

Don't be silly. You may as well go out with a bang as opposed to being bored to death. :tongue:

Besides, think of all the money you'll save over the next 2 years. :biggrin1:

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I feel the OP's pain, :yup: as a long time renter I would frequently go on a similar rant to his. Then I would remember the incredible convenience of being able to call the 'super' to fix the A/C, replace the hot water heater, oven, or whatever else had decided to up and die on me. All at no additional cost to me. :biggrin1: I still relish the idea of being a homeowner, but I know it's not something I can do alone. :frown1:

mitchymo

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight

invisibleman

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Can you not get contact lenses designed especially? :biggrin1:

Man, I couldn't do that. If it ain't natural...it is misleading. :smile: I just may as well look at the ones with natural sparklers and watch them get free rent and lotsa hard sweaty sex on Valentine's Day. :wink:

unique_exposure

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
And then get divorced after being caught with my hand in Nick8's pocket? That would be a short lived solution...
:

Divorce is a national tradition, you'd fit right in.

And don't forget pre-nuptial agreements that exclude infidelity ;) ... though half of 1998 Honda isn't much now is it...

Drifterwood

Superior Member
Media
On a serious note Mitch; you need to join my party, drop house prices by 40% to make them affordable and make politicians work within affordable levels, i.e. control the tax take on the ordinary working citizen.

The Party hasn't got a name yet, but as the second member, it could be your honour to pick one.