I'm sick of this shit!

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'm sick of this shit!

I am sick of people coming onto this site and especially into chat and threatening suicide. I am sorry you are depressed; but many of us are depressed and hearing you talk like that doesn't help us.

More importantly many of us are suicide survivors. That's right, the people you don't think care, we do care. We hurt and we suffer when you kill yourself. Some of us go the rest of our lives thinking we were the reason, or that we could have stopped you. Wondering 'what if' is no way to have a good life. When you "talk about suicide" about how you want to kill yourself on a public forum, you take dozens to thousands of people with you down that hell road. It's beyond selfish, it's mean; and unconscionable! :12:

You know you're wrong. Don't drag me into it. The year isn't even 1/4 over and newbie21 is like the third person to "threaten" suicide publicly. :wtf2:

If you have a problem you need answers to then ask them in a thread or your blog. But DO NOT threaten suicide and then get mad when people either try to help you or dismiss you as a joke. You do not have the right to drag innocent strangers into your drama!
=============================================================
Newbie21 was just in chat asking if Tylenol was toxic. Then he wanted to know how much would be toxic? Then he PM's me because I said in main chat a massive quantity would be toxic. This is the text of our chat.

[newbie21] what's a "massive" quantity?
[njqt466] like a whole bottle
[newbie21] ah
[newbie21] so, like, 4 bottles would definately be bad
[newbie21] ?
newbie21 has closed his/her private message window.

[njqt466] wtf are you up to?
[newbie21] suicide
[newbie21] y?
[newbie21] hello?
[newbie21] ok fine
[newbie21] I can take a hint

[newbie21] wait ... so how does Tylenol kill?
[newbie21] um ... or not

[njqt466] I don't know what your deal is but joking about suicide is not cool!
[njqt466] Some of us have lost people we love to suicide and it hurts
[newbie21] oh I'm not joking
[njqt466] then get some fucking help
[newbie21] well, sorry
[newbie21] fucker

newbie21 has logged out.

If you are considering suicide please get help!
http://www.sprc.org/
http://www.save.org/
http://www.afsp.org/
http://www.suicidepreventionlifeline.org/
http://www.nimh.nih.gov/health/topics/suicide-prevention/index.shtml
http://www.yellowribbon.org/
http://www.suicidology.org/displaycommon.cfm?an=2

Survivors of Suicide

FWIW- I normally only post the names of trolls from chat; but this guy really had a lot of us not just upset; but concerned.

njqt466

UhOhOhNo

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Ugh... Why do people pull that crap? Honestly... I'm not saying he's full of shit just seeking attention, I'm saying there's a good chance he is.

Sorry you got dragged into someone else's shit storm, NJ. Nobody on the site should have to deal with that crap.

unabear09

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Thank you for posting this NJ! Suicide is a serious matter, and for the persons who are friends/family of those who do commit/attempt suicide, talking or threatening suicide as a joke or for real, can bring back very painful memories. I know this personally for myself, as my brother has attempted suicide, and my mother has tried so many times, I have lost count (she's a manic-depressive schizophrenic). People, please, if you need to talk to someone, or you are seriously considering suicide, call 911, a friend, the suicide hotline, or anyone that cares to listen. Go to the hospital, go to a neighbor, go for a walk..... do something to get help. A website such as this is NOT, I repeat NOT the place to turn for help, because people online don't know who you are, where you are, and exactly how serious or sick you really are. Typed words don't express feeling, and thus aren't a good way to communicate the painful emotions that are going through your head.

This has been a public service announcement from Unabear09

omgiswatdeysay

Experimental Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Sad to have to feel that way. I know first hand how it feels but I could never go thru with it and I'm better because of it. Theres to much in life to see and do, why end it?

Freddie53

Superior Member
Gold
Media
An overdose on Tylenol can lead to one of the most horrific deaths. The things it does to the liver bring great pain and trauma to the person who overdoses.

Taking an overdose that you think is enough to scare people is also enough to make your life hell if you live through it.

This is information that I was told by my pharmacist.

If you are depressed enough to consider suicide, please get help. The best place to get help is from someone that is trained in this area.

Many people here just don't have the training deal with stuff like this. People who can counsel people in need have more than just training, they also have a gift or talent in counseling.

Most counties have a mental health center and they don't turn people away.

If you are reading this and are contemplating suicide please get help from a professional person be it a minister, counselor, teacher or other person who can help you.

D_Tintagel_Demondong

Sexy Member
Media
I saw that last half of this "cry for help". I usually ignore it ore tell them to seek out a doctor. The more attention you give them, the more they'll exploit your kindness. I've seen this countless times. If someone has a genuine death wish and plans on killing themselves, then I doubt they will warn anyone. I had depression as a teen, and I tried very hard to not be a burdon on others. This is common among people with depression, so don't fall for the "cry for help" crap.

B_Demention

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Yeah but Rec, you just don't know for sure. Some people do announce their suicide, don't get the help or responsiveness they crave from it, then go and do it as a result. In any case, I hope the depressed people in question take a look at this thread, there's a lot of good advice in it already. I'm definitely just sticking to the forum and PM. The chat seems like way too much drama.

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
NJ,

I know that is scary to you but depression takes many forms. No matter how irritating, this person is crying out for help in some way. I would rather have them say something and have someone hear them and try to direct them towards getting help than to say the last unkind word be it to shock or not and send them over the edge. Shock works for some but not all. I have a friend here on the board who I have to talk to on a daily basis and have for years. But I do so because I know he needs it. He IS tired of feeling horrible. He DOESNT see any way out (because of his depression) He DOES want to end it all. But he cant because he is loved and needed and he has to know that. SO... if I err on the side of listening so be it . I would rather do that than to send flowers to his family out of remorse.

bzemek

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I'd just have to say why would you go to a site about large penises to "cry for help" if you were contemplating suicide?

My opinion: suicide is cowardly and preventable.

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'd just have to say why would you go to a site about large penises to "cry for help" if you were contemplating suicide?

My opinion: suicide is cowardly and preventable.

Why not? I would think if you had gotten to the point where you were considering suicide, you arent exactly thinking about the proper place to announce "your happening", you are just crying out for SOMEONE to stop you.

bzemek

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Eh...I suppose, it just seems odd to me to choose here rather than talking to people on a messenger or myspace or facebook or several other places that a member of this site probably has access to.

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Eh...I suppose, it just seems odd to me to choose here rather than talking to people on a messenger or myspace or facebook or several other places that a member of this site probably has access to.

FOr some reason ,I think this place feels a bit more intimate and real. It is a SUPPORT GROUP. Why wouldnt someone think this is a place where they could find the help that they needed?

ZOS23xy

Sexy Member
Media
could be he had no one else to turn to at that moment, maybe?

On the internet?

Heh. Sorry, I survived suicide attempts and realize that for years I was depressed because I had food allergies. Sometimes its a little thing like that, long unnoticed that causes a long unyeilding bout of depression. All that nice food my mother gave me in an effort to raise a healthy person made me depressed.

If you want to kill yourself, you are not normal.

I notice in NJQT's little notes from her pest, that there were no reasons given. Just straight up forward "I'm gonna kill myself". This is someone yanking her chain. Someone who does this is just sociopathic and needs to be ignored.

If its a real effort, they should not be here for help, this is the wrong area.

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
On the internet?

Heh. Sorry, I survived suicide attempts and realize that for years I was depressed because I had food allergies. Sometimes its a little thing like that, long unnoticed that causes a long unyeilding bout of depression. All that nice food my mother gave me in an effort to raise a healthy person made me depressed.

If you want to kill yourself, you are not normal.

I notice in NJQT's little notes from her pest, that there were no reasons given. Just straight up forward "I'm gonna kill myself". This is someone yanking her chain. Someone who does this is just sociopathic and needs to be ignored.

If its a real effort, they should not be here for help, this is the wrong area.

Z,

Rest assured if this is someone playing games they will eventually get theirs. What goes around comes around. But we may never know ...

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
The thing that set me off is he came in basically asking if his chosen method of suicide would work. :wtf1:

He didn't state a problem, real or imagined. I have had guys PM me and be all up set because they were a 27 year old virgin and thought that was worth ending their life over. Did I talk to them and make them realize that was a bad idea? You betcha! Are they still active members? Yes, they are. :smile: But this guy someting just felt wrong, there have been others like him too which is why I posted in the first place. The unwillingness to talk about the problem(s) is often a sign of a hoax.

But just incase he wasn't joking, I also posted some decent links for people considering suicide to get help.

lttlgrllst

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
NJ,

I know that is scary to you but depression takes many forms. No matter how irritating, this person is crying out for help in some way. I would rather have them say something and have someone hear them and try to direct them towards getting help than to say the last unkind word be it to shock or not and send them over the edge. Shock works for some but not all. I have a friend here on the board who I have to talk to on a daily basis and have for years. But I do so because I know he needs it. He IS tired of feeling horrible. He DOESNT see any way out (because of his depression) He DOES want to end it all. But he cant because he is loved and needed and he has to know that. SO... if I err on the side of listening so be it . I would rather do that than to send flowers to his family out of remorse.

I agree with Naughty. You never know if they're serious or not. Why take a chance? It's no problem to spend some time talking to someone if there's even the smallest chance it might help get them through it.
Sometimes it's easier to talk to a complete stranger on an anonymous level than to a friend or family member. This is a support group. It says LARGE PENIS but I think it goes a lot farther than that.

9inchcanadian

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I`m sory and this may sound harsh. LET THEM DO IT. Why waste our time pandering to attention seekers. If they are genuine then they will find a way to do it one way or another. Jump of a building, sit on a train track. Just fuck off and get on with it. I have to say i have no time for people who are not willing to face up to lifes problems and deal with them in more sensible manner.
Every single person has problems it is how we deal with those problems that define us.

Hate me for being unfeeling, i dont rightly give a toss