I'm SOOOO excited!!!

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by marleyisalegend, May 2, 2008.

1. marleyisalegend

Gold Member

Albums:
    so my sister's getting married at the end of may, and a while back she asked me to sing johnny gill's you for me. that's cool, i have to change the key cuz i sing a helluva lot lower than he does (baritones sort of get the short end of the stick vocally, sometimes my voice is so low it's damn near inaudible unless the mic is turned WAAAY up). anyhow, i was excited for the chance to be able to perform because its been some years since i've been on a stage, and a wedding is close enough for me. but last night on the phone she told me that her pastor soon-to-be-husband booked this girl's keyboardist (he's not in the video but i posted in case you weren't aware of who matha munizzi is)

martha munizzi
    YouTube - Martha Munizzi "I Know the Plans I Have For you"

i'm SOOO excited to be able to work with such a gifted musician, her keyboardist is SOOO talented (the whole band really). i can't wait!!! she also booked some gospel saxophonist. i won't be singing with him but i hear he's GOOD. as of today, its 21 days til her wedding. only bad part is i HATE dressing up but i can wear a tux for one day for my big sis, ESPECIALLY since she's gonna have a bar, lol. i'm sure someone's going to videotape it so after the wedding i'll see if i can post the vid if not atleast the mp3

2. crescendo69

Gold Member

I have changed many a key on piano for wedding singers. Good you have someone who can. Have a blast.

3. marleyisalegend

Gold Member

Albums:
    thanks for the well wishes, i'll letcha guys know how it goes

4. D_Ivana Dickenside

D_Ivana Dickenside New Member

oh how cool! you're lucky you get to sing at your sister's wedding. i kept trying to convince my aunt to get a karaoke machine at her wedding and she refused... maybe because my uncle (her husband) is scottish and the kilts were already getting enough attention. anyway, i wish you luck!! let us know how it goes :)

5. marleyisalegend

Gold Member

Albums:
    will do. by the way ur new avatar is CU-YUTE!!!!

6. tripod

Gold Member

Albums:
    My life is one big wedding from April to November... Break a leg Marley! And be sure to get some pics of you singing!! :smile:

7. D_Ivana Dickenside

D_Ivana Dickenside New Member

awww thanks :wink:

Draft saved Draft deleted