I'm surprised nobody has mentioned this sobering article

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Flashy, Mar 15, 2009.

1. Flashy

Gold Member

2. pym

pym New Member

What are your thoughts about that Flashy?
    I generally distance myself from that subject......mainly out of ignorance i suppose.
    Also.......that is a scary virus/sickness/disease/stigma{even catorgarizing the nature of hiv/aids is asking for debate in many circles}, so much so, for me personally, that it actually has crimped my sex life. I am FAR less casual about sex since the late 80's.......even as a totally hetero guy.
    I will NOT have sex anymore unless i and the current female in my life BOTH get a test TOGETHER. My last 2 relationships GLADLY aquiesed to that. It does kill initial spontaniety though. But i have managed to stay std free up till now that way. I just don't know what to say about that article honestly........it's really the same for me now as when i first heard of AIDS around 87? ish.......I thought.......we have GOT to come up with a cure for it.

3. Bbucko

Gold Member

Albums:
    Yeah...abstinence-only, a refusal to consider needle exchanges and stigmatizing those infected has really made a big difference in infection rates. Clearly something's working.

4. B_starinvestor

B_starinvestor New Member

So..when it comes to sex, you exercise responsibility and good judgment. Yet, when it comes to supporting welfare and transfer payments you burn the wick for irresponsibility and government handouts?

To each his own.:rolleyes:

Feed those that eat but don't work. Embrace those that demand but don't produce. Eh, I get it.

5. pym

pym New Member

Once again.......CUNTY, what the fuck are you talking about?
    Show me 1 instance of my:" supporting welfare and transfer payments you burn the wick for irresponsibility and government handouts"
    Seriously dude....you have brutalized yourself with freakish amounts of masturbation.
    Please.........fuck off and die.
    Better yet....hook up with NICK4444, i think the 2 of you could have some really hot pole smoking sessions together. I'm jewish.......i know a good match when i see it.

6. B_starinvestor

Really, PYMple? Somehow your idol, your hero, Obama is massacring this country with redistribution and lobby-influenced earmarks..both of which he campaigned against...and you have your nose so far up his ass you are risking suffocation?

Pick a side or a cause, and stick with it. You offer nothing but insults and childish, worthless banter...and its tiresome and a waste of bandwidth.

BTW, nice plug about being jewish.

As if anyone here gives two hoots about you or anyone else's religion.

Frankly, I don't care if you worship Green Lantern. You haven't a clue about this economy, this recession, this political environment, or life in general. You're an angry prick without a cause. Period.

7. pym

pym New Member

Like i said......You and Nick.:069: you know you wanna.........:wink:
    Me angry? Nah........silly Festor.

Sorry about the thread hi-jack Flashy.

8. Incocknito

Gold Member

We need to find a cure for ignorance; not AIDS.

I see AIDS as a warning to be adhered to, not necessarily a disease to be cured since I don't think it can be cured. The same way I don't think cancer can be cured.

9. B_starinvestor

No one can reasonably comment on this thread for fear of banning due to the nature of the subject. The mere notion of D.C. presents a racial undertone that is unapproachable and the subject of HIV further precludes any thoughtful commentary.

Your acquiesense to Flashy is understandable, as he is among the most thoughtful and intelligent contributors to this message board. Yet you will relentlessly attack those with economic views in perfect concert with Flashly as they don't share the same religion with you.

Maybe extricate yourself from attack mode and you'll enjoy the discourse here.

10. pym

pym New Member

Please.........i'm beggin'......stay on topic.....or just Shut the Fuck up.
    World at large...........i give you FESTOR.

11. HazelGod

Gold Member

Albums:
    Thanks for posting that article, Flashy...I was unaware that transmission rates had ticked upward so severely.

I can only surmise you believe there's the slightest possibility that eight years of "faith-based initiatives" guiding our public policy might not have been the most prudent manner of dealing with such problems in our nation?

12. Bbucko

Gold Member

Albums:
    Au contraire, mon vieux, I would say that the Bush administration's objectives have been met with swimming success. :wink:

13. Bbucko

Gold Member

Albums:
    The fact that HIV impacts America's communities of color disproportionately is beyond dispute. There are myriad factors at play, including everything from substandard diets to the paucity of access to quality health care to a willful and malignant denial on the part of black churches and other institutions, to name just a few.

Any of these issues can be addressed calmly and with sensitivity. Your inability to do so, and your acknowledgment of this shortcoming of yours, speaks volumes of your poor skills at reasoning and communicating, that's all.

Anyone wishing to educate him/herself about black domestic AIDS can start with this PDF produced by BlackAIDS.org: be prepared to be shocked by what you read.

#13 Bbucko, Mar 15, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2009
  14. houtx48

Gold Member

star are you ADD? three posts and you're off subject.

15. OCMuscleJock

Gold Member

Albums:
    star just likes stirring the shit around to bring conflict back into play on various threads. Some people thrive on that kinda thing.

16. joyboytoy79

Gold Member

Albums:
    Early 00s conservative evangelical mentality:

Inner city school students aren't allowed to learn about condoms - so they won't use them.

Heroin addicts are considered a lost cause, no clean needles for them, they're gonna kill themselves anyway.

Gay men are morally deranged - cut funding for outreach and education programs.

Now, if only we can find a way to kill off the other undesireables in the process...

17. B_starinvestor

Too fired up after Cincinnati Tea Party. Sorry for blasting you, PYM.:redface:

18. faceking

faceking Well-Known Member

Albums:
    Isn't DC one of most socially liberal, "urban" cities in the US. Run by Democrats for years, if not decades... a group that should be all about social/health programs. I don't know much about DC history, but it shocks me in a town like this...

Whatever, we know how the HIV is transmitted, and how to prevent.

What would Darwin do?

19. faceking

Albums:
    What would Darwin vs. Jesus Christ of done?

The liberals hate the answer to that question... given the Ixoye/fish-poking emblems on their Subaru Outbacks.

20. faceking

Albums:
    Nice try... typical. What does your tired, worn-out stereotypical attack on conservative evanglism have to do with HIV rates in DC. Quit deflecting and liberal physicians, heal thyself. Last I checked... Washington DC was run/controlled/"ethicized" by conservative evangelicals .....when?????

Draft saved Draft deleted