I'm too sweet

Kassokilleri2ff

Experimental Member
Media
Jovial is a smart dude, he knows what he is talking about.

Lacking confidence is the anti-vagina.

Gushing compliments and sweetness to girls is never cool.

Women want what they cant have.

Act like you dont need it, and you will get it for free.

I think I pretty much act like I don't need it already.

I don't know. I don't think Ill ever learn the ways of the pimp playa. I'll just keep being myself because thats the easiest, and I know how to do that. I'll find somebody eventually. Fuck it, I got college to do anyways, I got better things to spend my time on.

Kassokilleri2ff

Experimental Member
Media
She came over to my place today. Only for like a couple minutes, because she had stuff to go do, she was in the area I guess. I was going to tell her off and stuff too but now I don't know. We kissed but I had just woken up and didn't brush my teeth yet or shower so I didn't wanna try anything more than a little peck on the lips lol. My room was a mess too but luckily she didn't want a tour of the whole apartment lol.

So I finally got to see her, only for a couple minutes. Shes like 10x cuter than any girl I've ever been with. I guess I'll wait around kinda, but like, I'm not going to cancel any plans for her in the future, thats for sure. I was pretty nervous with her in my apartment, I hope my beta male status didn't shine through too much lol.

Jovial

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Don't worry about if your apartment is a mess or not. If she wants you she doesn't care about that.

I don't know how you could just kiss and that was that. Why would she want to be with you when you don't seem like you want to be with her? You say you do, but actions speak louder than words!

Kassokilleri2ff

Experimental Member
Media
Don't worry about if your apartment is a mess or not. If she wants you she doesn't care about that.

I don't know how you could just kiss and that was that. Why would she want to be with you when you don't seem like you want to be with her? You say you do, but actions speak louder than words!

I didn't wanna open my mouth and let the bad breath come out! lol. If I had brushed my damn teeth..... lol.

Hmm. Theres not much for me to act on really. I don't know where she lives. I gave her my address like yesterday, which I think was a good action on me, and she actually came. I just wasnt prepared for it lol, I didn't think she would ever come.

Runco

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I haven't read this entire thread so I apologise if any of these opinions have already been offered up. Guys - it is clear that some of you haven't got a clue when it comes to women! Saying 'fuck off bitch' is not going to bring a woman running - not the kind of woman you would want to shack up with or take home to mama anyway. That line might work with a ho or a woman you have ZERO respect for but if you are looking for a "relationship", I would suggest you set your sights a bit higher than a woman who responds to 'fuck off bitch' (I agree the line 'I want to fuck you now' has a time and a place though!).

There were a few scenarios mentioned in this thread that caught my eye:

To the guy who says the woman he wants to get with seems to want to get with him but keeps saying things have come up so you never get together - the woman is playing hard to get to find out how keen you are on her. I am guessing she is young. I personally have no time for those kinds of games. Never played them with a guy and never would. You need to understand your relationship is going nowhere because you are letting her play with you. You have a whole lifetime of dating ahead of you and you need to start as you mean to go on; otherwise in ten years time you will still be without the girl and wondering why. My advice to you is to ask her outright if she wants to be with you. If she says yes, ask her why she keeps making excuses/finding other things to do that are more important (in her mind) than you. If she denies it, give her examples. And if she still goes on all coy, forget about her. She is too wrapped up in the game to be serious about getting together with you. She is a game player - a tease. Find a girl who isn't into playing games.

To the original poster - is there such a thing as being too sweet? Not always - there is always a time and a place for sweetness! I think you should worry more about being too much of a pushover with the girls. A fundamental fact - all women want a MAN. By 'man' I mean someone who is assertive, someone they feel safe with, someone that they feel will fight for them (though not someone who goes looking for fights) and someone who will not take any unnecessary shit from anyone. If you let a woman have her way all the time she will have no respect for you. If you do not assert yourself with her, she will not respect you. She will say you are 'sweet' and 'a good friend'. Yes, sweet can be good but sweet can also mean no bollocks. Find your balls BUT pick your arguments carefully.

As stated, there is always a time and place for sweet. You young guys (in particular) need to figure out what is most important to you in terms of what YOU want to do. When you have figured that out, be prepared to stand your ground to get it. Do compromise occasionally but do not let the woman ride roughshod over you and set the pace re the relationship because you are keen to be with her. Because if you do that, you will NEVER get to be with her and if you are with her, she will dump you for the first 'man' who shows an interest in her.

I have a son and experienced observed similar problems with him bringing home his dating baggage (he dates women a LOT older than him). He bent over backwards to do what THEY wanted to do all the time. Consequently, many of them viewed him as a friend rather than a lover. The word 'sweet' was used frequently by these women, who invariably toyed with him (read: messed with his head), treated him like an ATM and then moved on to other guys who were less sweet. After observing him go through four such relationships, I told him he has enough friends and suggested that he needed to reexamine his approach in the relationship. We agreed - some women like bad boys. Not men who ill treat them but men who will stand up to them and not let them have their way all the time. Where he was going wrong was he was letting them call all the shots - when they met, where they went, when they slept together, etc. As a woman, being with a guy who was this accommodating would never work for me. I would crush him without intending to - certainly, it would be difficult not to make more and more outrageous demands of him simply because I could.

The example I discussed with him was his workout regime. My son is what you would call a hardbody but he always abandoned his gym routine to be with a woman because she wanted to call the shots re when she would see him. I told him not to abandon his workout to be with any woman. Why? Because women come and women go but he would be the one left with the out of shape body and self esteem issues at the end of it! If there is something you guys want to do and it is important to you, stick to your routine. Offer to take her along to workout (or whatever) with you but make it clear - this is my routine, an important part of my life, and I am sticking to it. Of course, some women will go on dark and like you are putting the gym before them. Yes you are but they need to understand - you don't live a the gym and there is plenty of time around your workout to see them. If a woman still demands that you abandon your gym routine to be with her, dump her. Stat. Because that woman will not be happy until she is controlling your every action and once is she is doing that, she will be bored with you and she will dump your ass.

I am, of course, only using the gym thing as an example but it applies. You don't need to be a bastard to win the girl. You just need to be able to flex your muscles when it counts.

R

PS: Sorry this post is so long!

D_Selmus_Swallow

Account Disabled
Media
Act like you dont need it, and you will get it for free.

I can agree with everything you said completely except this.

This is a good way to get people to think you're gay or asexual. Trust me. I know. From experience. :rolleyes:

Not that I don't understand the gist of what you're saying (and what hundreds of others have said as well I'm sure), but I don't have the right set of words at 8 am while groggy from sleep deprivation to better convey it.

HazelGod

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
then they want him to initiate the sex, so they don't feel guilty about it. That's just the way society is...it makes women ashamed to initiate sex.

Actually, that was always my litmus test for fucking someone. If she was comfortable enough in herself to make some sort of first move, it was on. That saved me a lot of wasted time and headache dealing with the insecurities and other complications of girls trapped by their bullshit religious upbringings.

WifeOfBath

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Actually, that was always my litmus test for fucking someone. If she was comfortable enough in herself to make some sort of first move, it was on. That saved me a lot of wasted time and headache dealing with the insecurities and other complications of girls trapped by their bullshit religious upbringings.

We so would have gotten along in college.

modestlyhung

1st Like
Media
I think the problem with sweet guys isn't that girls don't like "sweet" guys but they like guys with confidence. A lot of guys who are assholes also portray a lot of confidence which appeals to women. I also find a lot of really nice guys are soft spoken and tend not to exude confidence out of nature. Not that they're not confident people but they tend have less presence in social situations and don't come off as sexually motivated.

I don't know how you portray more confidence, it's really just a thing about how you are. Just know that there's lots of girls who like sweet guys, but make sure that people also see the self-assured, strong side of you as well that can still rock their world. Girls do in fact like nice guys, but they don't like pushovers either.

NEWREBA

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Lots of young girl don't have good judgement when it comes to "asshole" guys. They just think they're more fun than the nice sweet ones. But as they mature, they begin to see more attractive traits in guys, especially when they're looking for a mate. Try to be patient.

Kassokilleri2ff

Experimental Member
Media
I think the problem with sweet guys isn't that girls don't like "sweet" guys but they like guys with confidence. A lot of guys who are assholes also portray a lot of confidence which appeals to women. I also find a lot of really nice guys are soft spoken and tend not to exude confidence out of nature. Not that they're not confident people but they tend have less presence in social situations and don't come off as sexually motivated.

I don't know how you portray more confidence, it's really just a thing about how you are. Just know that there's lots of girls who like sweet guys, but make sure that people also see the self-assured, strong side of you as well that can still rock their world. Girls do in fact like nice guys, but they don't like pushovers either.

I don't think I show a lack of confidence, I show a lack of social skills. Like you said, "they tend too have less presence in social situations and don't come off as sexually motivated". I think that describes me pretty well.

I went to a party the other day. People were randomly making out and doing all kinds of shit. I didn't know what I could do. My friend had a 3 way makeout session with 2 girls, then he says its my turn and pushes me to do it. Then anytime a female ass is within reach, the guys there always slapped it. I don't know any of these girls but apparently it was ok to slap thier asses. I only did a couple times cuz the guys were like "do it! do it!" I don't know what things are socially acceptable. I don't want to do something stupid and have girls hate me for it.

So yea, I don't know what to do or say at all. I think I'm one ugly bastard but if a girl says I'm cute to my face, I'll be like "you damn right" which happened the other day lol. But even then, what does that mean, that I can grab her ass and try to kiss her right then and there, this random girl I just met like 1 minute ago? My friends probably would have but I don't know the boundaries lol. I'm not very talkative, mostly because I don't know what to talk about.

ZOS23xy

Sexy Member
Media
Somewhere, you would need to find a Bill Hicks routine where he complains about high profile killers and media attention and these mass murderers get and are sent proposals of marriage..."must be good at that sense of humor department"...

...some chicks are attracted to assholes. These are the types of women I would spend a lot of time avoiding.

...got it here in my memory that I dated a nice looking but not too bright woman for a spell. After a bed romp, she asked me why I didn't hit her.

Got to think about that. I didn't hit her, so she felt compelled to ask me why...

All her other boyfriends smacked her, so what was wrong with me?

Sheesh...expectations.

Stay cute. Learn to talk nicely. Learn about things so you can talk.

Kassokilleri2ff

Experimental Member
Media
Somewhere, you would need to find a Bill Hicks routine where he complains about high profile killers and media attention and these mass murderers get and are sent proposals of marriage..."must be good at that sense of humor department"...

...some chicks are attracted to assholes. These are the types of women I would spend a lot of time avoiding.

...got it here in my memory that I dated a nice looking but not too bright woman for a spell. After a bed romp, she asked me why I didn't hit her.

Got to think about that. I didn't hit her, so she felt compelled to ask me why...

All her other boyfriends smacked her, so what was wrong with me?

Sheesh...expectations.

Stay cute. Learn to talk nicely. Learn about things so you can talk.

She asked why you didn't hit her?!?! wtf?! lol. Wow....thats insane.

D_Kay_Sarah_Sarah

Account Disabled
Media
I don't think I show a lack of confidence, I show a lack of social skills. Like you said, "they tend too have less presence in social situations and don't come off as sexually motivated". I think that describes me pretty well.

I went to a party the other day. People were randomly making out and doing all kinds of shit. I didn't know what I could do. My friend had a 3 way makeout session with 2 girls, then he says its my turn and pushes me to do it. Then anytime a female ass is within reach, the guys there always slapped it. I don't know any of these girls but apparently it was ok to slap thier asses. I only did a couple times cuz the guys were like "do it! do it!" I don't know what things are socially acceptable. I don't want to do something stupid and have girls hate me for it.

So yea, I don't know what to do or say at all. I think I'm one ugly bastard but if a girl says I'm cute to my face, I'll be like "you damn right" which happened the other day lol. But even then, what does that mean, that I can grab her ass and try to kiss her right then and there, this random girl I just met like 1 minute ago? My friends probably would have but I don't know the boundaries lol. I'm not very talkative, mostly because I don't know what to talk about.

If your after a easy fuck like the rest of your buddies then yeah, it sounds like the kind of girls at these parties are exactly your ticket to a full blown fuck fest. But if you want someone a bit more respectable, someone who isnt a walking STD magnet then your got the right idea.. Dont touch them with a ten foot pole. And even if you've got a eleven foot cock i still wouldn't be suggesting it

RamIt

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response

How you stand, with your head held high and your shoulders back
How you make eye contact
Your tone of voice should be strong and unwaivering, your laugh unstiffled.
Never apologise, unless its for a really good reason
Stick to your guns in discussions, and dont be afraid to volunteer your ideas or opinions.
Dont be afraid to tell stories that show your strong points
Like yourself. He who has confidence in himself gains it from others

Basically, dont be afraid to steal the stage every now and then, and make things about you. If you are out with friends, tell a story about you or something that happened to you, and make everyone else think about you. All of the really confident appearing guys that get a LOT of women, are always taking center stage and want the attention on them in social settings. You are putting yourself out there more than others, and it takes balls to do that. More often than not, these guys are as insecure or more than everyone else. But, unless you really know them, you dont see that. All most people see is someone with the balls to put themselves out there.

Kassokilleri2ff

Experimental Member
Media
How you stand, with your head held high and your shoulders back
How you make eye contact
Your tone of voice should be strong and unwaivering, your laugh unstiffled.
Never apologise, unless its for a really good reason
Stick to your guns in discussions, and don't be afraid to volunteer your ideas or opinions.
Dont be afraid to tell stories that show your strong points
Like yourself. He who has confidence in himself gains it from others

Basically, dont be afraid to steal the stage every now and then, and make things about you. If you are out with friends, tell a story about you or something that happened to you, and make everyone else think about you. All of the really confident appearing guys that get a LOT of women, are always taking center stage and want the attention on them in social settings. You are putting yourself out there more than others, and it takes balls to do that. More often than not, these guys are as insecure or more than everyone else. But, unless you really know them, you dont see that. All most people see is someone with the balls to put themselves out there.

Hey I like how you said that. Hmm, I guess that makes sense, how you hold your head and stuff. Like when I go to the bad parts of NY I stand tall and look tough so the damn pimps and drug dealers will leave me alone if I say no to them, and other people who look hard wont want to bother with me because they generally pick on the weak looking. I guess I should kinda be like that?
I do make eye contact, but I tend to look away after a couple seconds. I know that I should look into their eyes, but then again, I don't want them to think that I'm an oggling freak, just staring at them ya know? Or do they like you to look unwaivering into thier eyes? I would think it would get a little weird in excess.
I have learned to no apologize kinda, so I have refrained from that, even saying sorry in as a joke I wont do anymore.
Not sure how I laugh.
I'm really laid back about most things so I generally and honestly have no opinion about most things. I just go with the flow. People always ask me what I want to do, I always say I don't care because I don't care. Maybe I should make up some opinions? lol.
As for story telling, I suck at story telling, and I have lived an extremely boring life so I don't have any stories to tell. lol. Guess theres not much I can do in that case huh?
So I have to steal the show. I think maybe I could do that, my friends are wierd and I could probably use that to my advantage.

I have noticed lately some changes. Before, when I was with any other guy, and we were talking to some ladies, I would never get so much as a glance. Females would never, ever, look at me. They would meet me and then thier eyes stayed glued my friends. Now when we meet girls, my friends do all the talking, but the girls look at me while talking quite often. Very often I would even say.I won't be in the conversation at all, they are just talking to my friend and im standing next to him listening and they keep looking at me. I thought that was wierd, I didnt know if they were like "wtf u lookin at ugly?" or what.

BUT, there is a difference here. When I could never get looks, I lived in new jersey. Now my friends in new jersey are hot. I know this, because they get hot girlfriends, and I have heard alot of girls saying they were hot. One friend is like a sculpted peice of art this and that. Most of my NJ friends are attractive. Maybe they just looked way better than me and girls just wanted to look at them?
But now I live in texas, the guys I hang out with now, I think I can confidently say I look better than them, even if by a little bit. Could that be the reason why they never used to look at me before. I mean I do act differently than I used to, I have been working on eye contact for a while now, and just trying to not be absolutly terrified. I think I stay quietly reserved and I just listen to the conversation and laugh at whatever. Maybe Its my better attitude than I had before, or maybe women just always look at the better looking guy.

Jovial

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I know how you feel. The way to "get away" with this stuff without getting hated is to just act like you are joking and fooling around. Try being melodramatic about things. People find that funny and you can just smile and pass it off as a joke. You worry too much. Just try doing what the other guys are doing. Play a game that you are going to act really overboard. Like if you see a girl and greet her, give her a big hug like you are being funny, say "I missed you so much!" in a sappy voice even if you saw her 3 hours ago. So just try to joke around more, but in a flirtatious way.
I do make eye contact, but I tend to look away after a couple seconds. I know that I should look into their eyes, but then again, I don't want them to think that I'm an oggling freak, just staring at them ya know? Or do they like you to look unwaivering into thier eyes? I would think it would get a little weird in excess.
I know what you mean, but if they are looking at you and you look away a fraction of a second after they look away then you are not looking too long. Try looking a little longer than them, if they look back or seem uncomfortable, just smile like you are being funny or playing a game with them.