Industrialsize

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
This is what I thought an interesting, thought provoking little article:
..."Imagine that hundreds of black protesters were to descend upon Washington DC and Northern Virginia, just a few miles from the Capitol and White House, armed with AK-47s, assorted handguns, and ammunition. And imagine that some of these protesters —the black protesters — spoke of the need for political revolution, and possibly even armed conflict in the event that laws they didn’t like were enforced by the government? Would these protester — these black protesters with guns — be seen as brave defenders of the Second Amendment, or would they be viewed by most whites as a danger to the republic? What if they were Arab-Americans? Because, after all, that’s what happened recently when white gun enthusiasts descended upon the nation’s capital, arms in hand, and verbally announced their readiness to make war on the country’s political leaders if the need arose.

Ephphatha Poetry: "Imagine if the Tea Party Was Black" - Tim Wise

Imagine that white members of Congress, while walking to work, were surrounded by thousands of angry black people, one of whom proceeded to spit on one of those congressmen for not voting the way the black demonstrators desired. Would the protesters be seen as merely patriotic Americans voicing their opinions, or as an angry, potentially violent, and even insurrectionary mob? After all, this is what white Tea Party protesters did recently in Washington...."

B_talltpaguy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
ha, I was going to post this last night but was too tired...

But you have to remember, sociopaths don't care about other perspectives. They just want power and control at any cost to others. In fact, the more that other people suffer due to the actions of the sociopath, the better the sociopath feels about what they are doing.

D_Sir Fitzwilly Wankheimer III

Experimental Member
Media
..."Imagine that hundreds of black protesters were to descend upon Washington DC and Northern Virginia, just a few miles from the Capitol and White House, armed with AK-47s, assorted handguns, and ammunition. And imagine that some of these protesters —the black protesters — spoke of the need for political revolution, and possibly even armed conflict in the event that laws they didn’t like were enforced by the government? Would these protester — these black protesters with guns — be seen as brave defenders of the Second Amendment, or would they be viewed by most whites as a danger to the republic? What if they were Arab-Americans? Because, after all, that’s what happened recently when white gun enthusiasts descended upon the nation’s capital, arms in hand, and verbally announced their readiness to make war on the country’s political leaders if the need arose.

Ephphatha Poetry: "Imagine if the Tea Party Was Black" - Tim Wise

Imagine that white members of Congress, while walking to work, were surrounded by thousands of angry black people, one of whom proceeded to spit on one of those congressmen for not voting the way the black demonstrators desired. Would the protesters be seen as merely patriotic Americans voicing their opinions, or as an angry, potentially violent, and even insurrectionary mob? After all, this is what white Tea Party protesters did recently in Washington...."[/QUOte

are you kidding me? they be coddled by the media because heaven forbid we say anything derogatory about a black person or muslim. hell we can't even send an illegal alien home without being called racisist.

I recall hearing something about black panthers intimidating voters with night sticks and got off scott free.

You guys are really worried about this tea party thing aren't ya. I know this is a shock to you but there are black tea party members.

and lets not forget its the libs impersonating tea party members who are trying to cause problems.

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Tim Wise is brilliant. He definitely sheds a much needed light on subject matters that people try so desperately to ignore.

All one has to do is remember the reactions of some people when N.W.A made the song "Fuck Tha Police" to know how society would have reacted if the Tea Partiers were all black. Then again, perhaps we would have adopted a much better name? I mean, even we knew what teabagging was. :wink:

Big_Something said:
You guys are really worried about this tea party thing aren't ya. I know this is a shock to you but there are black tea party members.

Yeah, we saw the picture of six black men in the crowd of 25,000 caucasians. It was like playing a game of "Where's Waldo - The Hillbilly Edition". So, now that Tea Baggers have their token black friend photo-op, what makes you think that changes the overall argument? :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Trinity

Just Browsing
Media

The Gun Rights Rallies aren't Tea Party rallies. :rolleyes:

Gun Rights Groups, Right Wingers Battle Each Other In DC

Imagine that white members of Congress, while walking to work, were surrounded by thousands of angry black people, one of whom proceeded to spit on one of those congressmen for not voting the way the black demonstrators desired. Would the protesters be seen as merely patriotic Americans voicing their opinions, or as an angry, potentially violent, and even insurrectionary mob? After all, this is what white Tea Party protesters did recently in Washington...."

The whole article was ridiculous but that part was just deplorable. No group can be responsible for or should be defined by a few nuts. The crazies or racists do not represent the Tea Party. Clarence Page saw for himself that the racist stereotypes were inaccurate:

Tea party stereotypes largely inaccurate

I recall hearing something about black panthers intimidating voters with night sticks and got off scott free.

and lets not forget its the libs impersonating tea party members who are trying to cause problems.

Very True.

B_talltpaguy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
are you kidding me? they be coddled by the media because heaven forbid we say anything derogatory about a black person or muslim. hell we can't even send an illegal alien home without being called racisist.

lololololol

If you weren't racist, then you wouldn't be offended.

The crazies or racists do not represent the Tea Party.
Run, run, run from reality little PUMA troll.

One question though, you said that the "crazies OR racists"... You're clearly stating that while one group doesn't represent the Teabaggers, you're agreeing that the other group DOES... So which is it according to you? Do the racists represent the teabaggers, or do the crazies represent the teabaggers?

Last edited:

B_talltpaguy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
These types of comments define the power of the Tea Party and how desperate the Democrats feel going into November.
^lolololol..... Yes, a snarky comment on a message board literally defines the politics of all center-left voters in the entire nation.

I'm sorry, but weren't you the person who only moments before wrote,
No group can be responsible for or should be defined by a few nuts.

lololol.... Keep running in circles troll!

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
As usual, Trinsanity doesn't tell you the full truth.
As it states in the very article it sourced: For nearly a year, the U.S. Commission on Civil Rights has been investigating the Department of Justice’s voluntary dismissal of a voter intimidation suit against the New Black Panther Party and some of its members. In other words, the new case has NOTHING to do with the Black Panthers. It's about the DOJ who dismissed the case. Get your facts right, bigot.

Also, Trinsanity, I already destroyed the credibility of one bigot on this board who tried to twist that whole incident in Philly to be some kind of voter intimidation. Turns out that one of the two evil "black men" who were in front of the building actually lived there so he had the right to be in front of that building, dressed however he wanted and holding whatever the heck he wanted in his hands. Plus, plenty of people were walking in and out of the building including white people so nobody was intimidated. Perhaps the man with the phone who was too scared of the big, black man in army garbs should have held granny's hand as she walked right into the building with no altercation?

I'd advise you to stick to birther threads. Just like the AmeriCorps thread where I ripped you to shreds, I'll do it tenfold here. Now, be a dumb b**** and respond. I'm gonna take pride in slapping you around on this one.

1kmb1

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
i think thats a bit of a stretch, i think an armed mob descending on Washington receives the same reaction from the general public no matter what color they are.

the only people that are semi ok with it are the actual people involved with the tea party... (they really need to come up with a better name than teabaggers)

but imagine if it was aliens...

Experimental Member
Media
You recall incorrectly. The Black Panthers never did that.

would you say that again please?

A federal lawsuit was filed charging Black Panther voter intimidation at a Philidelphia polling place on November 4th, the day of the presidential election. The DOJ charged three men professing to be members of the New Black Panther Party, and although video evidence, voter and a polling official’s testimony stated there was verbal intimidation, as well as a Black Panther member guarding the doorway with a night stick, Obama’s DOJ has dismissed the charges among objections of DOJ protection, with never a day in court.

Obama takin care of his boys. I'm just glad that wasn't my polling place. I would have had some panther shish kabob.

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
You wanna play this game, Big_E? OK.
What is plainly obvious with the two videos is that someone with a cell phone saw two black men with a nightstick and got scared. To him, they were dressed funny, openly had a weapon and were there just to scare off people. His yelling of the words, “He has a billy club in his hand”, makes this very apparent. So let’s first look at the situation from the angle of weapon possession, and link that with obvious, observational findings to demonstrate how much bullshit this claim regarding "voter intimidation" really is.

You would be disappointed to know that in the United States, many states allow for the legal carrying of any form a baton-styled device or weapon in the absence of unlawful behavior or criminal intent. They are rarely banned specifically by name in law. How does this relate to the state of Pennsylvania? According to Pennsylvania law regarding prohibited offensive weapons, the only form of baton-style weapon that is illegal to have is a stun baton. Therefore, being in possession of an unconcealed nightstick in Philadelphia is legal. Prohibited offensive weapons - 18 Pa. Cons. Stat. § 908 - Pennsylvania Attorney Resources - Pennsylvania Laws

Of course, a billy club can also be considered a lethal weapon so if the two black men were breaking the law there would be probable cause for alarm. So, can we find any criminal intent here? Since one of the men actually lived in the building, they weren’t loitering unless you think it’s actually illegal for someone to stand in front of the building they pay rent in. Wearing militant looking clothing isn’t illegal either, so you can’t bring up an issue regarding Police Impersonation either.

Knowing this, let’s look at the claim of voter intimidation. According to Project Vote, voter intimidation is any concerted effort or practice by an individual or group on behalf of a party or candidate to coerce the voting behavior of a particular class or demographic of voters. Voter Intimidation

So, let’s go back to the tapes!!! :rolleyes:
In the second video, when the police told the two men, “You can’t stop people from voting”, you can clearly hear the voice of a woman around the twenty-nine second mark telling the officers, “They’re not stopping anybody.” And of course, there was grandma who strolled right in without altercation, as well as another elderly gentleman in the first video and several other people of various ages and races. That’s plenty of evidence to prove that the two men were not engaging in voter intimidation. And much to your chagrin, one person’s deeply rooted intolerance and phobias regarding black men holding nightsticks doesn’t translate to a crime. These are most likely the reasons why the charges against them were tossed out of court to begin with. And thanks to Double Jeopardy and the 5th amendment, the two men cannot be tried again for the same offense. Game over.

Gee, ain’t it funny how when a large group of trigger happy Teahading Caucasians wave their loaded guns in the air and rifles strapped to their back it’s considered “patriotic”, but when two black men hold a stick in their hand and bother nobody but a scared little boy with a cell phone who actually approached them first it’s called “intimidation”? And why is it always "Obama's Boys" when someone does something you don't like? Grant it, I know you don't like Obama and that's fine. But don't let your obvious prejudices regarding articulate negroes get in the way of using your mind. Then again, you lost that already so carry on with your bigotry. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Experimental Member
Media
You wanna play this game, Big_E? OK.
What is plainly obvious with the two videos is that someone with a cell phone saw two black men with a nightstick and got scared. To him, they were dressed funny, openly had a weapon and were there just to scare off people. His yelling of the words, “He has a billy club in his hand”, makes this very apparent. So let’s first look at the situation from the angle of weapon possession, and link that with obvious, observational findings to demonstrate how much bullshit this claim regarding "voter intimidation" really is.

You would be disappointed to know that in the United States, many states allow for the legal carrying of any form a baton-styled device or weapon in the absence of unlawful behavior or criminal intent. They are rarely banned specifically by name in law. How does this relate to the state of Pennsylvania? According to Pennsylvania law regarding prohibited offensive weapons, the only form of baton-style weapon that is illegal to have is a stun baton. Therefore, being in possession of an unconcealed nightstick in Philadelphia is legal. Prohibited offensive weapons - 18 Pa. Cons. Stat. § 908 - Pennsylvania Attorney Resources - Pennsylvania Laws

Of course, a billy club can also be considered a lethal weapon so if the two black men were breaking the law there would be probable cause for alarm. So, can we find any criminal intent here? Since one of the men actually lived in the building, they weren’t loitering unless you think it’s actually illegal for someone to stand in front of the building they pay rent in. Wearing militant looking clothing isn’t illegal either, so you can’t bring up an issue regarding Police Impersonation either.

Knowing this, let’s look at the claim of voter intimidation. According to Project Vote, voter intimidation is any concerted effort or practice by an individual or group on behalf of a party or candidate to coerce the voting behavior of a particular class or demographic of voters. Voter Intimidation

So, let’s go back to the tapes!!! :rolleyes:
In the second video, when the police told the two men, “You can’t stop people from voting”, you can clearly hear the voice of a woman around the twenty-nine second mark telling the officers, “They’re not stopping anybody.” And of course, there was grandma who strolled right in without altercation, as well as another elderly gentleman in the first video and several other people of various ages and races. That’s plenty of evidence to prove that the two men were not engaging in voter intimidation. And much to your chagrin, one person’s deeply rooted intolerance and phobias regarding black men holding nightsticks doesn’t translate to a crime. These are most likely the reasons why the charges against them were tossed out of court to begin with. And thanks to Double Jeopardy and the 5th amendment, the two men cannot be tried again for the same offense. Game over.

Gee, ain’t it funny how when a large group of trigger happy Teahading Caucasians wave their loaded guns in the air and rifles strapped to their back it’s considered “patriotic”, but when two black men hold a stick in their hand and bother nobody but a scared little boy with a cell phone who actually approached them first it’s called “intimidation”? And why is it always "Obama's Boys" when someone does something you don't like? :rolleyes:

This is why if you fuckin read honestly i don't think you can.

Obama’s DOJ has dismissed the charges among objections of protection, with never a day in court.

Obama had the investigation called off. I can carry a baseball bat too, that doesn't mean I can't use it as weapon. He sure as hell wasn't waving it around for self defense.
I like your hypothesies and your most likely's open you fucken eyes for once. Why then is there an injunction on Shabazz from ever brandishing a weapon in front of a polling place? You're absolutely right they must have been selling girl scout cookies and didn't want to get robbed. What about the testimony of the poll workers? You know damn well they were up to no good. I'm so tired of your double standard shit. it's so old , but you've got nothing else. In fact thats all the libs have. If you don't like it it's racist. You can disagree and dislike but don't throw that shit out there.

and where are these people with rifle strapped on the backs intimidating the general public? somewhere I must have missed that on the news.

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Oh my... seems as if the articulate negro pissed off Mr. Steroid again.

First off, bigot, do you have any proof that Obama told the DOJ to call this investigation off or are you pulling that out of your ass? Secondly, since when are we supposed to govern our nation based on unfounded suspicions and phobias? Nobody was afraid to go into the building... the video that was captured for evidence shows many of folks going in and out of the building without incident. It has the voice of someone present saying that they were not stopping anyone. The person capturing the video made it clear in both videos, through his bantering, that he was concerned that a "black man holding a nightstick" may come off as being intimidating. His paranoia doesn't constitute as voter intimidation, no matter how many times you drop the F-Bomb at me. Which, BTW, if you want the Ebonic derivative you spell with an "I" instead of an "E". It's fuckin', as in "fuckin' idiot"... you know, one of my several pet name for you. But that's a whole different discussion. :rolleyes:

I obviously seen and heard more in those videos than you have. Plus, Pennsylvanian Law regarding weapons are on my side. So, are you going to argue the facts or do you want to continue exposing yourself as a racist bigot that's all muscle substance with no cranial sustenance? Your choice.

Last edited: