"Imagine if the Tea Party Was Black"

maxcok

Expert Member
Media
"Imagine if the Teaparty WERE Black" I think is the proper phrasing Industrial - subjunctive clause - too bad the US schools are such shit!!! (born and raised in the US, only learned about the subjunctive clause when I learned French, BTW)
Anyone else want to challenge my English grammar?
Although your phrase in quotes is grammatically correct, and it is indeed a dependent subjunctive clause, I believe what you waited to learn about in France and referred to in your parenthetical phrase is properly termed the subjunctive case or subjunctive mood - not the subjunctive clause. BTW, I learned all about it a good ole Merichun public grammar school, in the rural South no less. Sometimes it's more about the motivation of the student than the quality of the curriculum.

Sadly perhaps, it is falling into disuse in modern American English, so like it or not Indy's phrasing is perfectly acceptable. Of course it is much more important en francaise, as you no doubt have discovered. Perhaps you have yourself been the object of some derision by native French speakers for your misuse of the subjunctive? Merde!!! If you are indeed some indeterminate distance SE of Paris as you say, why don't you lay some of that Franche talk on us, and we'll have a go at that next. Unless you're all out of petards?

Louberg83

Experimental Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

dreamer20

Worshipped Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
You guys are really worried about this tea party thing aren't ya. I know this is a shock to you but there are black tea party members.

and lets not forget its the libs impersonating tea party members who are trying to cause problems.

The Gun Rights Rallies aren't Tea Party rallies. ...No group can be responsible for or should be defined by a few nuts. The crazies or racists do not represent the Tea Party.

Yet Rand Paul, who was hailed as a Tea Party candidate, has me believing otherwise:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04cp-Tz5kBM

^^Note his rally was a Tea Party/Gun rally, his nutty views, such as being aligned with the belief of crazies who think President Obama is going to take their guns away, his desire to abolish the Dept. of Education and his controversial comments which showed he would permit racial discrimination by non- governmental businesses.

Paul's condoning racial segregation in 21st century America added to the Tea Party's racist baggage and deterred blacks from joining it, but he surely will gets votes from white supremacist racists in Kentucky.

Rand Paul's Conservative Supporters Stand Up?Kind Of - The Gaggle Blog - Newsweek.com

I wonder if the GOP will dissociate itself from him? :cool: