Immigration issues rehashed...

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by ChocolateLuvuh, May 26, 2006.

1. ChocolateLuvuh

ChocolateLuvuh New Member

Albums:
    Why is it that because I am against illegal immigration, all of a sudden I'm being labeled a self hating Latino by friends and family? I'm a son of two legal Mexican immigrants and in no way am I against immigration, but I was brought up to believe in rule of law. I mean, you don't break into your neighbors house then make demands. Any ideas on the issue at hand?

2. Dr Rock

Gold Member

who lives in the east 'neath the willow tree? Sex
    maybe your friends and family have come to realize that there is no point in respecting laws that make no sense.

who needs countries anyway?

3. naughty

Gold Member

Chocolate...

I can understand the desire to make a better life for one's self, but I whole heartedly agree with you about the idea of illegal immigrants demanding anything while here illegally.

4. Gisella

Gold Member

Well, i understand your feelings ChocLuv...:wink:

But the problem i see with this situation as 1st generation of legal immigrant that used to be illegal for a while too is that: Illegals in the US did not came through the Mexican border only ..they came by plane and through airports and received a stay of xxx months and they overstayed and became illegal.

There are difference of overstaying and coming illegally for sure...i know that because some people i know who married US citzen and came entering illegaly had soooo many problems but not the overstayed who married US citzen...

People forget that are not just Mexicans illegals but many many nationalities that are not by the border and enter here too...And trully i came to meet Mexicans only in the South of the US because before that i meet Latinos from many other countries plus many many other nationalities of illegals too.

They got jobs ,some married &/or had babies that are American citizens...

What i think it must be dealt with is the situations of families that are here for long time and have kids that anguished over parents situation...many of them who already understand the situation say to parents: " Wait because when i have 21 I will legalize you ..." but until than what i know people and family stressing a lot about this situation...

And one thing i know is that those kids are growing up and someday are going to vote and politicians know that...if someone do not agree that those kids born here are US citizens like they are - is their problem - because the law say so...if "real" Americans wants to change the law about which person who are born here are to be allowed US citizenship: fight to change it...until than persons born here are Americans.

For sure im pro- close the borders and for sure both borders if its really a issue about security of USA . And for sure if i had property by the border being used by passage of drugs and illegals i would be really piss of by that situation too.

What i know is that many people are fed up and frustrate with the illegals issues but what i think is terrible is that some people who already did not like people who does not look like them before are spilling hate all over the place and using this situation of illegals immigrants as "scape goat" of hate and frustration - because seems its ok to some view illegal people as a 2 class human beings.

Law is the law but i hope our human rights watch groups keep eyes on abusive situations that may occur when the new immigration law becomes a law whatever they decide in "higher places".

Draft saved Draft deleted