Impending Rhetoric

pym

Just Browsing
Media
Does anyone else have an impending dread that this forum is about to be FLOODED with incessant REPUBLICAN rhetoric?
Just a feeling i had when i logged in today.
Gave me goosebumps.

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight

He's speaking the truth, though.
Conservatives argue about how biased these forums are. Yet, who are making more of the political posts these days? How many anti-Liberal, anti-Democratic thread rants have been created since Obama was elected? Hell, how many were made immediately after the DNC?

Seems as if the only way most conservatives think they can get their voices to be heard is to smear the Political Forums with every news bulletin from Faux News, the Wall Street Journal and from every Conservative pundit blog. Some start more than 5 new threads a DAY. Multiply that by the 8 or 10 different hyper-conservatives on this board, combined with the topic rants of the so-called "independents" who are nothing more than in-the-closet Republicans trying to hold onto their self-proclaimed title as an attempt to appear unbiased, and you get the current tone of the Political fourms as we see it now. Nothing more than thread, after thread, after pointless thread of irrelevant, political rhetoric and typical "sky is falling" politics.

Do the math. Count the threads. Then take a tally of the names who bring this nonsense to the table. Then, read all of their OPs and see if not one of them actually addresses an issue that doesn't resort to the typical name calling and other bullshit. It's all here for ANYONE to read, and to deny it means you're just not paying attention.

Last edited:

Bbucko

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight

And when faced with the facts, this is what you get from their ilk...ad hominem.

Shame on you for bothering to be factually correct, VB! You've gone way past the bounds of decorum! Have you no shame?

Hmmmmmmmmmm...it's like the auto-focus button suddenly switched on and everything got a wee bit clearer. Thank you, HG.

tripod

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Does anyone else have an impending dread that this forum is about to be FLOODED with incessant REPUBLICAN rhetoric?
Just a feeling i had when i logged in today.
Gave me goosebumps.

I am not sure why today would be any different than any other day. Going back and forth with the conservatives on this site is exhausting and steals my life energy. They are more interested in towing the line than in discourse.

So... I have been asking myself, "why am I even coming here?"

I mean, Barack got elected... the Democrats took the house with a resounding success and the Republicans have been effectively routed.

All of the conservative ideals are crashing down with the complete and utter failure of the neo-liberal economic policies of the last fifty years.

The people have finally seen that the republicans have no clothes

The war is over and the new day is beginning... the good people are victorious.

I log on and poke around for a couple of minutes and then I leave the site. I will let the conservatives keep screaming at the wall, they can get a taste of what we experienced when arguing with them.

I will never forgive the conservatives for trying soooooo fucking hard to send us back to the the medieval age... but we are now effectively going into the future. The conservatives on this site can keep up their bullying ways and fuck off for all I care. I am gonna be spending MUCH less time here (I have been largely absent as of late), this site is filled with too many assholes. "You people" inspire too much hatred in me and I don't need the negative energy in my life.

suck it.

pym

Just Browsing
Media
I really hate to be right sometimes.......but here is the running synopsis thus far of Threads started so far by our returning troll 'STARINFESTOR' these last 3 days.

More counterproductive economic policies abound

Top economists give Obama, Geithner F+

Pelosi chomping at the bit for more spending

This is the 'Fair and Balanced' voice cheering the downfall of the United States of America.

From the guy who spends his ENTIRE LIFE here infesting this forum. 24/7 x's 365 ALL DAY, ALL NIGHT, ALL WEEK, EVERY MONTH, ALL YEAR, INCLUDING HOLIDAYS. A very productive member of society.:rolleyes: And Astonishingly dares to malign the President of the United states of America CONSTANTLY. The man who is in the most desperate fight of any President since the founding of our country,to save the last vestiges of our republic from the scrap-heap condition his predecessor left it in.

From the Guy who clearly has NO job, and is almost certainly leeching his entire existance from somebody else.

As an American who has served my country's military and who has worked continuously since 1980, I want him to know that i share absolutely NONE of his values or SKEWED FESTOR OBSERVATIONS. In these most desperate times, the last thing this country needs is another lying,leeching,yellow-dog,propagandist.

Keep up the GOOD WORKS. I just LIVE for your NON-ENTITY
Bull-shit.:rolleyes:

Notaguru2

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
The GOP is marginalized in this country now. I rarely read the political forums any longer. What would the point be? My party is running shit now; everything. I sent BHO to office to do what he is doing. Why do I care what the GOP has to say?

If the GOP loses so much as ONE seat in the Senate in two years... they might as well not even come back to Washington - they won't have a voice (or filibuster). I'm betting that happens. =)

Hard right conservatism is dead. If the GOP doesn't rid their party of the neocons, the GOP will be dead too.

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I really hate to be right sometimes.......but here is the running synopsis thus far of Threads started so far by our returning troll 'STARINFESTOR' these last 3 days.

More counterproductive economic policies abound

Top economists give Obama, Geithner F+

Pelosi chomping at the bit for more spending

And before he was banned, he had at least another 20+ thread topics of the same liberal bashing rhetoric.

At one time, Starinvestor claimed he was doing this in an attempt to "balancing out the liberal bias", but he along with other conservative crackpots (such as Pitbull and 20465) has managed to fill the board with so much anti-Liberal drivel that you can barely ever find an original topic thread that ISN'T some kind of Republican ranting. If someone didn't know any better, one can look at the Politics Forum without reading any of the actual posts and assume that this entire board is predominantly conservative.

So much for trying to "balance" the board. If it wasn't for several people coming back with rebuttals to the rhetoric, they would have completely taken the Politics section over by now. :rolleyes:

B_starinvestor

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
From the guy who spends his ENTIRE LIFE here infesting this forum. 24/7 x's 365 ALL DAY, ALL NIGHT, ALL WEEK, EVERY MONTH, ALL YEAR, INCLUDING HOLIDAYS. A very productive member of society.:rolleyes: And Astonishingly dares to malign the President of the United states of America CONSTANTLY. The man who is in the most desperate fight of any President since the founding of our country,to save the last vestiges of our republic from the scrap-heap condition his predecessor left it in.

It might be fun to do a little math exercise. Let's see, you've been here for 9 months and have 900 posts. That's 100 per month.

I've been here for 36 months and have 2000 posts. That's roughly 60 posts per month.

So, if I spend my entire life here...and you post, on average, 67% more than I do....um....I dunno, how did you do in math?

pym

Just Browsing
Media
It might be fun to do a little math exercise. Let's see, you've been here for 9 months and have 900 posts. That's 100 per month.

I've been here for 36 months and have 2000 posts. That's roughly 60 posts per month.

So, if I spend my entire life here...and you post, on average, 67% more than I do....um....I dunno, how did you do in math?

I worked an 11 hour day today......pillow-biter.
How much time did you log in on the clock?
Un-employment/welfare/food stamps/sponging off parents, does not count.