Impending Rhetoric

B_starinvestor

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
So how bout it?
How many hours on the clock did you contribute to the recovery efforts of our country that you constantly scorn, Today?
Answer: ZERO

PYMple, I have internet access at work. For the record, I had an average day; 8:30 to around 5:15 EST. I also work rather expeditiously and can multi-task. That said, I have many weaknesses as well.

Your jokes about not working are stale. Come up with some new material; you've been using the same joke for months.

pym

Just Browsing
Media
PYMple, I have internet access at work. For the record, I had an average day; 8:30 to around 5:15 EST. I also work rather expeditiously and can multi-task. That said, I have many weaknesses as well.

Your jokes about not working are stale. Come up with some new material; you've been using the same joke for months.

Heee Hee......Believe me when i tell you, NO ONE here believes you.
You dont work, and havent for MONTHS.
You want to lie about it......fine with me.:rolleyes:
But I KNOW better.
Silly Festor.

B_starinvestor

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Heee Hee......Believe me when i tell you, NO ONE here believes you.
You dont work, and havent for MONTHS.
You want to lie about it......fine with me.:rolleyes:
But I KNOW better.
Silly Festor.

How did you find out? Damn. I thought I was doing a fine job of pretending to be in the workforce.

Well, at least I won't be shoveling taxes into this stimulus plan. And when the weather warms up, I will be able to work on my tan and post on LPSG at the same time.

pym

Just Browsing
Media
how did you find out? Damn. I thought i was doing a fine job of pretending to be in the workforce.

Well, at least i won't be shoveling taxes into this stimulus plan. And when the weather warms up, i will be able to work on my tan and post on lpsg at the same time.

we know

B_starinvestor

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Gee, I wish my day job allowed me to go on a website about big dicks during work hours. Is this one of the perks for your line of work?

Yes.

No wonder the economy is down the crapper. :rolleyes:

Not that I really need to justify my workday to anybody, but as an observation that I've made over 14 years in the business...here are a few of the normal activities/distractions/behaviors that I see regularly in typical white collar work environments:

reading the paper
talking to spouse on phone
talking to friend on phone
cigarette breaks
paying personal bills
playing solitaire, euchre, dungeons & dragons on computer
hanging around coffee machine/water cooler bullshitting
reading a book
facebooking
sleeping
telling jokes
multiple bathroom breaks
errands
'dentist appt'
'doctors appt'
car trouble
sick
pick up the kids
kid sick
water pipe broke
car won't start
family emergency
traffic jam
2 hour lunch
car was broken into

In any case, I don't have a boss. And in my business, I eat what I kill. Don't get your panties in a bunch if I use the internet for personal use at times as my 'break.':rolleyes:

And PYMple, if you log 11 hours and 6 hours are breaks and lunch, that is only 5 hours of productivity. Just fyi.

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Not that I really need to justify my workday to anybody, but as an observation that I've made over 14 years in the business...here are a few of the normal activities/distractions/behaviors that I see regularly in typical white collar work environments:

Considering your line of work is in finance and the economy is in shambles right now, I wouldn't be so quick to mention that you "observed" it for 14 years.

And in my business, I eat what I kill.

Seriously, I don't think you actually hunt the cows that make the Big Macs you eat for lunch. Or pluck the feathers off the chickens in that three piece you get from KFC. That is certainly not "white collar work". But I digress...

Don't get your panties in a bunch if I use the internet for personal use at times as my 'break.':rolleyes:

Well, I can do that too. I work at a computer store, work as a freelance web designer and in the music industry on the side. My life depends on the internet regardless if I take a break or not. Yet somehow, I know how to stay away from a site about big dicks when there's actual work to do.

Alas, you can't. Lemme guess... shortage of clients? Perhaps you need a better supervisor? :rolleyes:

midlifebear

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Actually, if Starinvestor maintains that he eats what he kills and actually works(ed) as a Wall Street trader and financial adviser, his "meat" is the money he has fleeced from unwitting investors for 14 years charging brokerage fees while recommending, buying and selling stocks for them. At least Schwab charges only $12 a trade these days instead Chuck Schwab's original $29 discount brokerage fee. The idea of taking Starinvestor's advice on anything regarding one's personal finance, to me, is a very frightening thing to do; especially since his ilk have recently proven to be part and parcel of the most corrupt aspect of the 'Mericuhn economy. Again, anyone wishing for financial advice would do better to invest in a Magic 8 Ball. Starinvestor's colleagues have seriously been scamming 401 K's with Ponzi schemes for the last 8 years. Avoid them at all cost.

Last edited:

B_starinvestor

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Actually, if Starinvestor maintains that he eats what he kills and actually works(ed) as a Wall Street trader and financial adviser, his "meat" is the money he has fleeced from unwitting investors for 14 years charging brokerage fees while recommending, buying and selling stocks for them. At least Schwab charges only $12 a trade these days instead Chuck Schwab's original $29 discount brokerage fee. The idea of taking Starinvestor's advice on anything regarding one's personal finance, to me, is a very frightening thing to do; especially since his ilk have recently proven to be part and parcel of the most corrupt aspect of the 'Mericuhn economy. Again, anyone wishing for financial advice would do better to invest in a Magic 8 Ball. Starinvestor's colleagues have seriously been scamming 401 K's with Ponzi schemes for the last 8 years. Avoid them at all cost.

You should write for Kiplinger's. Or better yet, Suze Orman.

I don't charge any brokerage fees - only a percentage of assets under mgmt.

Schwab charges $12 but provides no advice. The DIYers (Do It Yourself) have taken the worse beating of any group. According to Dalbar, investors utilizing professional management outperform those without advisors by over 7% per year over the last ten.

Its nearly impossible to scam 401(k)'s anymore. 99% of providers provide full transparancy, and a complete unbundling of expenses. The media has had a field day blasting 401k's, but its inaccurate. Most plans can provide everything - funds, administration, recordkeeping, etc. all for roughly 1% per year. Its a good deal.

This bear market cannot be blamed on financial advisors any more than it can be blamed on lawyers or doctors.

The old-school, wirehouse brand of peddling securities inventory and running up trading volume is dead and will never return.