Important Question - What Do You Look For When You Use Live Chat?

LPSG Simon

Superior Member
Staff
Gold
Media
Hey everyone!

We are busy building the new LPSG video chat. One thing that came up is that we want to give users a status line that appears next to your names so people know what you are online for.

Kind of the way that hookup apps let you select "Right now" "Dates" "Chat" etc... but for camming.

So far I have come up with:

“1-1 Cam”
“Text Chat”
“Looking to watch”
“Looking to show off”

Are there any others that you would like to see included for options?

Petnax

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Cammer
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I'd personally recommend getting rid of the "looking to" to keep it looking neater.

"Looking to watch" could just be "Watching"
"Looking to Show Off" could just be "Showing Off"

I'd include a "Chatting" title since not everyone who will be camming will be showing off. For example, I'd enjoy turning on the cam just to speak to the chat.

Just my two pence

D

deleted9425241

I'd personally recommend getting rid of the "looking to" to keep it looking neater.

"Looking to watch" could just be "Watching"
"Looking to Show Off" could just be "Showing Off"

I'd include a "Chatting" title since not everyone who will be camming will be showing off. For example, I'd enjoy turning on the cam just to speak to the chat.

Just my two pence
hi. do u have skype

JF

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Cammer
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Can this not be a free-text input option so people can type whatever they like ? Based on current Chat, most people don't bother changing the status message (defaults to "I'm available") so this may not be all that useful.

Hopefully the new Chat will show if someone is actually online (e.g. has been active within the past x minutes) / away / busy etc, and ideally will show if someone is typing when in a 1-2-1 conversation - those are probably more useful than a fixed status.

Reactions: CaptainAmazing999

LPSG Simon

Superior Member
Staff
Gold
Media
Can this not be a free-text input option so people can type whatever they like ? Based on current Chat, most people don't bother changing the status message (defaults to "I'm available") so this may not be all that useful.

Hopefully the new Chat will show if someone is actually online (e.g. has been active within the past x minutes) / away / busy etc, and ideally will show if someone is typing when in a 1-2-1 conversation - those are probably more useful than a fixed status.
These are included in various ways in the new iteration. :)

The current chat right now has it's shortcomings, but it's really just a 3rd party stopgap while we work on getting our own version of the old one up and running.

french_toast

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
If there isn't already a way of seeing if someone's cam/mic is on, I think "cam / mic on" would be a good idea, unless that becomes redundant with a "showing off" option.

I don't know if this thread is also open to other inputs for our future chat and I don't know if this has been suggested by someone else already, but a permanent block / follow option is NEEDED. Old chat would always reset those whenever it got refreshed, which rendered them completely useless.

D

deleted490601

Hey everyone!

“1-1 Cam”
“Text Chat”
“Looking to watch”
“Looking to show off”

Are there any others that you would like to see included for options?

I like the idea of the "looking to show off" option.. in the old video chat, you would see maybe 7 guys on cam, but in most cases, over half of them would deny your request to view their cam - maybe because they were only looking for 1-1 cam? If guys list their status as 'Looking to show off", i.e. my cam is open.. that would save a lot of time and frustration.. Also, depending on how the new room is configured, listing your status as 1-1 might be a way to move intoa private room, which was an option on the old video cat.

Last edited by a moderator:

LPSG Simon

Superior Member
Staff
Gold
Media
I like the idea of the "looking to show off" option.. in the old video chat, you would see maybe 7 guys on cam, but in most cases, over half of them would deny your request to view their cam - maybe because they were only looking for 1-1 cam? If guys list their status as 'Looking to show off", i.e. my cam is open.. that would save a lot of time and frustration.. Also, depending on how the new room is configured, listing your status as 1-1 might be a way to move intoa private room, which was an option on the old video cat.
I have this coming in the new / replacement chat!

Cosgood

LPSG Legend
Verified
Gold
Platinum Gold
Cammer
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Wow, I'm just now seeing this topic, but I like the idea of this feature! Will the new setup have any kind of group function? Only reason I ask, didn't know if "Looking for group" or something would be an idea?

LPSG Simon

Superior Member
Staff
Gold
Media
Wow, I'm just now seeing this topic, but I like the idea of this feature! Will the new setup have any kind of group function? Only reason I ask, didn't know if "Looking for group" or something would be an idea?
It is going to be very group oriented.

Think of it a bit like a zoom meeting, but where the chat is the chat room that is the main interface, and the cam streams will sit on top of that.

Lots more user control features, but a slightly less immersive experience overall.

Reactions: Cosgood

Cosgood

LPSG Legend
Verified
Gold
Platinum Gold
Cammer
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
It is going to be very group oriented.

Think of it a bit like a zoom meeting, but where the chat is the chat room that is the main interface, and the cam streams will sit on top of that.

Lots more user control features, but a slightly less immersive experience overall.
You guys just think of everything... :D

LPSG Simon

Superior Member
Staff
Gold
Media
You guys just think of everything... :D
The experience is a bit of a throwback to our old one. Which admittedly is a bit of a step back in terms of slick-ness. You will have to open the cam streams to see them, and there will be no speaker view feature.

There will however be options for private group, and private 1-1 chats. It's more designed to be open all the time, vs the critical mass meeting style that zoom has been giving us. :)

Cosgood

LPSG Legend
Verified
Gold
Platinum Gold
Cammer
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
The experience is a bit of a throwback to our old one. Which admittedly is a bit of a step back in terms of slick-ness. You will have to open the cam streams to see them, and there will be no speaker view feature.

There will however be options for private group, and private 1-1 chats. It's more designed to be open all the time, vs the critical mass meeting style that zoom has been giving us. :)
Well I think that sounds awesome. Kind of a drop in and out as you like. Always people around.

french_toast

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I'm sure some people are really enjoying the vast amount of dicks and the large turnover that we get from a zoom meeting, and I agree we're gonna lose that once we get our new and improved chat. The way I see it, most of the zoom enthusiasts probably won't use the chat because it won't be the same. There won't be as many cams. Open a zoom room where there's only 10 people, and where 9 of them aren't showing anything and it's suddenly not as fun.

Anyway, I for one will be happy to have a calmer platform, because LPSG zoom meetings are a bit too much for me to keep track of everything/everyone/everyone'sthing.
With that being said, maybe hosting regular LPSG chat meeting events could be a thing to attract that "critical mass"? Once a week, enticing people to join the chat room at a specific time will ensure more cams (and thus more interest for those who enjoy the weekly lpsg zoom calls).

Reactions: Cosgood
D

deleted7188201

I love the idea of the drop-in drop-out, Simon. Thank you. And the watching/showing is a great idea. Certainly keep a “Just chat” option in as well