Imposing limits and restrictions in a relationship

Discussion in 'Relationships, Discrimination, and Jealousy' started by dongalong, Nov 24, 2007.

1. dongalong

Gold Member

When your partner tells you that they don't want to do something that you enjoy, either sexual or not, they are imposing limits and restrictions in your relationship.
    Of course it isn't good to force someone to do something they don't like but when there is a big list of these fun restricting limits what do you do about it?

2. ManlyBanisters

Gold Member

There has to be room for compromise in relationships. We're all different and no two people, however much they have in common, have exactly the same likes, dislikes, interests and predelictions. As you say - forcing someone to do something with which they are not comfortable is not on but both partners in the relationship should be honest with the other about what is absolutely off limits, what they are willing to do to accomodate the other's interests/desires, what each is prepared (or not) to give up.

If, after this process, there is still a long list (from one or both people) of 'off-limits' activities, conversation topics, sexual acts, etc. then it is time to seriously consider whether the couple are compatible.

Sometimes there is nothing more to do but hope there are no hard feelings (sorry, unintentional pun) and move on.

3. bottombuddy

bottombuddy Member

when ive a patner i never ever impose restrictions on them.........my ass is always at their command when they need to knock one out,etc.......id never say no as it would only hurt them if they couldnt have sex,etc...and as for experimenting then id always say yes to them too as its nice to try new stuff and explore

4. DC_DEEP

Gold Member

As I see it, there are only three options: stay in an unfulfilling relationship, end the relationship, or come to an agreement which will allow enough openness in the relationship to allow enough freedom to find the fulfillment elsewhere.

5. B_ajaxgayguy7

B_ajaxgayguy7 New Member

Find someone else, if you have a "list" and they are now willing to at least try some of these things, then if i was you, id move on and find someone else.

6. B_ajaxgayguy7

B_ajaxgayguy7 New Member

I agree, with no limits, my butt was always ready for my x, his fav thing to do with enter me at night when i was asleep, then when i would wake up he would ask if i mind to which i always slid all the way down on him and asked him what he thought.

7. B_NineInchCock_160IQ

Simple matter of weighing the pros and cons. What do you get out of the relationship vs. what sacrifices is it forcing you to make. If weight starts shifting toward the cons, then you need to either work out a better compromise to restore the balance or end the relationship and find something that works better for you.

Draft saved Draft deleted