Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Hey guys. I lately have been wondering about something… I heard so MANY rumors about how one can get impotent. And aside from the obvious stupidity which is tying weights to your penis…. There are those “gentler” methods.
Cell phone in the pocket? IMPOTENCE!
Using laptop between the legs? IMPOTENCE!
Taking a bath (yeah, can’t believe it myself, but that’s it)? IMPOTENCE!!!

I just can’t get it…. Sure, at first I was so frightened by the first 2 that panicked, but when I heard that taking a bath is dangerous… I … began to have my doubts.
Look I assume all these 3 things are based on the FACT that heat down there decreases the sperm production or ehh something like that. But… is that really PERMANENT? And how long would I need to do those things to get impotent from it? Besides, this is sperm production we speak of here. When I heard IMPOTENCE, I immediately think of bad stuff like castration! No boner, no sex, nothing! But this is just a decrease in sperm production, it’s a possible impotence as not being able to get a woman pregnant! It’s nothing stopping you from having sex or any enjoyment of your manhood… ok I guess squirting a lot of sperm is cool, I like that, but it’s no biggy, come on! Sure if you want to get a kid then it’s problematic….. sigh

Look why I write this thread: how much truth is behind those rumors? Am I right saying that it’s a bit off overreacting we have here?
And don’t get me wrong, this doesn’t mean I’ll be from now on taking baths with my pants on with the cell phone and my laptop…. I will be careful none the less, but I wanted to know if people are not just overreacting by always taking a shower instead of a bath etc etc.

Thanks for your help

arthurdent

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
By the way, impotence is the inability to have or keep an erection
whereas infertility is the inability to produce healthy sperm capable of fertilising an egg.

Mobile phones or laptops near your testicles might affect infertility but I doubt it would affect impotence.

FuzzyKen

Expert Member
Media
This is really unclear. The word "Impotence" is no longer in use by educated people. That mainly includes the world press. The condition they refer to is "E.D." or Erectile Dysfunction. This is the inability to achieve or maintain an erection in such a manner as to facilitate sex.

Maybe what is being implied is not erectile dysfunction or "Impotence" but instead maybe they mean it could cause male infertility.

Create a demand by causing paranoia then begin a huge drug campaign to sell things to fix the condition most don't in truth have.

It is sad, but this has become the truth.

Don't feel bad if it is both frightening and annoying. As soon as we get television advertising back under control, maybe things will get better....