Impotency

Discussion in 'The Healthy Penis' started by SMP, Sep 23, 2006.

1. SMP

SMP New Member

Well, I don't really know where else to put this so I'll put it here.

I'm having some real problems with my sex life (or lack thereof). To be blunt I'm not a virgin but I'm pretty damn close (only once). That was, oh, more than a year ago.

But the problem is that a few days ago me and my current girlfriend finally got the time to try and have sex, but I couldn't get an erection. Well, that's not entirely true. I could, but it would be soft and would only last about thirty seconds, too short a time for insertion (pardon my abruptness, I don't know how else to put it.)

I'm pretty convinced I have a case of Erectile Disfunction, but I think it's psychological rather than medical. I can't exactly pin down why it's happening but something has to be causing it.

Any suggestions as to what I should do?

2. joyboytoy79

Gold Member

Albums:
    Sir,

You are young. You are inexperienced. You are likely VERY nervous.

This is a common problem when first starting out. If you think it's more than just nerves talk to your doctor, by all means. But i strongly suspect it's nothing more than butterflies in the stomach.

Best of luck!

3. snoozan

Gold Member

I agree with the Lord JBT, talk to your doctor, but don't worry about it. The more you worry, the softer you'll get. Maybe instead of stressing so much, you should concentrate on enjoying the intimacy you can have with your girlfriend-- hugging, kissing, mutual masturbation, oral sex, whatever. If you're not always trying for THE BIG PENETRATION EVENT, you may find yourself enjoying it so much that you don't even worry about whether you're going to have sex or not. And that is probably when you'll be able to do it. I think the more you keep trying to make it work, the less likely it will be that your erection will last. Penetration isn't the be all end all to sex, there is plenty that can be just as good or better. Keep that in mind.

Also a thought-- if this is happening you may want to evaluate if there are any other factors aside from just performance anxiety-- confusion about your relationship, confusion about your sexuality, fears, things like that.

Good luck and take care.

Snooz

4. JMeister

JMeister Member

Get to a MD. The doctor will likely ask the following question:

Do you have any situations where you do have a sustained erection?

If yes, the problem is psychological. (One followup question might be are you sure you wouldn't prefer sex with a man?)

If you never maintain a sustained erection then the problem is physical. Your phsyician will look for the underlying cause. To the best of my knowledge it's rare to have this problem at such a young age.

How's your overall health and things like blood pressure, cholesterol, testosterone, blood sugar, etc?

5. SMP

SMP New Member

As far as my psychical life is, I work out every three days, run a mile every day and eat as healthily as I can. The problem isn't psychical, I'm able to maintain erections when I'm alone and morning wood is always there.

I'll check out a local M.D., thanks for the advice. I'll keep you guys updated when I can.

And in response to snoozan's post, in the end I suppose it really didn't matter, like you said.

6. SMP

SMP New Member

It might very well be a subconcious problem; The relationship tied to my previous sexual encounter was at best rocky. It's very possible that I'm having preconcieved fears due to an association with sex and horrible relationships..

7. JMeister

JMeister Member

The good news is that your penis works.

If you haven't already talked to your girlfriend about the challenges of your past relationship, consider doing so. Often that can lift the burden and the penis.

8. xxx2000

xxx2000 New Member

could anybody tell me how 2 cure impotence by natural methods?

9. 300

300 New Member

Dude youre fine, just talk to her about it and you will feel a lot better about it. Just forget about penetration and before you know it youll be good to go after a few minutes of making out

10. B_PATRICKMCC55

B_PATRICKMCC55 New Member

If erections are easily achievable when you are alone, then your ED is almost certainly a psychological issue. Engaging in sexual relations forthe first time with a partner is very stressful. Concerns about what is about to occur will naturally cause issues. Performance anxiety, modesty concerns, and a host of other issues can cause erection disruption.
    One thing you may try with your partner, is to make a "date" to do everything except have sex. In other words, you will kiss, have foreplay, be naked, sleep together, explore one anothers bodies, but with the understanding you are not planning on having intercourse. Feel free to touch, explore, lick, kiss, and play with one another all over your bodies. If you achieve an erection, good. If not, its still ok.

Draft saved Draft deleted