Improved Posture, bulge bonus

Discussion in 'Underwear, Clothing, and Appearance Issues' started by Barely Big, Jul 12, 2009.

1. Barely Big

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I try to stay in good shape by working out regularly, but I've had so many joint issues over my short life (brought on for various reasons) I've become especially aware of my own posture.

More recently I noticed my lower back suffered from a problem where my lumbar curve was exaggerated (see picture) http://healthhabits.files.wordpress.com/2008/05/lordosis.jpg

I also have a shot in my gallery showing this to a certain extent, though that wasn't the intent. http://www.lpsg.org/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/42633/cat/500/ppuser/9892

What I have discovered completely by accident is that by correcting a posture issue has pushed my hips more forward and my package more on the horozontal plane rather than on an angle. This has given me a more noticable bulge, which I don't really seek, but I know many here do.

The physical benefits of avoiding or alleving lower back problems should be reason enough to fix yourself up, but maybe the extra incentive of an increased appearance of a lump in your pants will convince you it's worth your while.

This is the article I am working from, but there are plenty of others out there that will do the trick. The problem is known as anterior pelvic tilt or lordosis.

TMUSCLE.com | Core Training for Smart Folks

2. trebor_mints

trebor_mints Member

Interesting. I am starting attend pilates classes and a lot of these exercises look pretty familiar...if a bi-product is a seemingly bigger bulge - so be it!

Draft saved Draft deleted