In a Panic. Help Please- HPV

Discussion in 'Sex With a Large Penis' started by AU123, Apr 12, 2011.

1. AU123

AU123 New Member

I had sex with a girl two weeks ago and come to find out she has (she claims HAD) HPV a couple years ago. I used a condom and she claims it is gone, but from what I have read HPV is a virus and never goes away. I'm in a panic, what does all this mean? Am I going to have HPV?

2. maxcok

Gold Member

3. medic1964

medic1964 New Member

Hope I can help.
    HPV is a virus and the body will usually clear the infection in 1 to 2 years. That is one of the reason we do not do pap smears until the female is 21 because many of those will have contracted the HPV virus and had "an immune response" and cleared from their body. Mostly like if she had HPV 2 years ago...she probably has cleared the virus

4. zujmyhezk86

zujmyhezk86 New Member

1. CALM DOWN.

2. About half the population of the United States and maybe the world has HPV. It is the most common of all STD's. If you research it some more you will realize how many people actually have it.

3. It affects girls more than it ever affects guys. If you look at it this way we are more of a carrier for the virus than a target. In women it can be extremely dangerous if left unchecked but in men it is so hard to even find traces in us that there are no tests for men to prove if u have it or not.

I had a gf who had it at the time we were dating and if I didn't know the facts before we had sex i sure as hell learned it after we did.

STAY COOL
    Z

5. B_Jordan85

B_Jordan85 New Member

hey man if it is bothering your mind that much why don't you go for a full STD test. That will clear your mind of the whole thing.

6. AU123

AU123 New Member

Thanks guys. I'm trying to calm down, I've just always been really careful and hearing that tonight rocked my world for a few minutes.

I am more concerned about what I read about warts than anything. I'm hoping that is a different strand considering she had to go back every year to check for cervical cancer but has never had warts. Is that correct? Or can they both be effects?

7. Gecko4lif

Gold Member

Albums:
    Im pretty sure hpv is asymptomatic in men

Worse case scenario is you have it you get married and you give your wife cervical cancer

8. maxcok

Gold Member

OP, have you bothered doing any research on the subject of HPV yourself?

I imagine there's plenty of info easy to find online, here for example.

9. psguy64

Gold Member

This is the first I read this, have done considerable research
    including a couple health checks/consultations
    at Desert Aids Project clinic here in Palm Springs.

I was in a panic 3-mths ago after having frottage with a guy that
    shared with me after the fact he had HPV.

10. Kodak101

Kodak101 Member

HPV is nothing for guys MOST of the time

11. johnnybegreat

johnnybegreat New Member

Albums:
    You should NOT worry...greater than NINETY percent of people have SOME FORM of HPV. It is ONLY a concern for women if they have seroforms 16 or 18 which are the most likely to lead to cervical cancer. You have no cervix....so you're FINE! Just watch-out for any genital warts, and if they appear seek treatment (which normally only requires a "cream")

ps...I'm a Doctor :)

12. eurotop40

Gold Member

13. D_tyrshxt

D_tyrshxt New Member

There are a couple things you should know about this std as the internet and doctors are a bit confused as was I before I did my own research. First, relax, chances are if you had sex, even with condoms, you probably have it, you just might not have shown signs or had a breakout. Second, there are different types, ones that cause cancers, which are rare, and others that warts which are less rare. Third, people are a bit confused when they say "I am clean, I had an std test". You will only test positive if you had a breakout because the test checks antibodies which show up after the virus has been activated which is why you cant screen for it. It might be present, but not activated, that's why so many people get it, its because they don't know they have it and pass it along without knowing it. Condoms don't prevent it, it is a result of skin to skin contact, if your genitals touched infected skin, you got it. This is why its so confusing. If you got it, don't worry, cream will make the warts go away, and build an immunity to them preventing future breakouts. But, in my opinion, its a virus that never goes away. Pm me if you want more info.

14. DeerHunterIA

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Unless you get warts (which can be treated with a cream or frozen off) it really is of little concern to men. It's weird to think an STD can be of little to no concern, but this is the case. The more research you do, the more calm you'll become. Relax, take a deep breath. This isn't something like HIV.

15. hsarge

Gold Member

HPV is the main cause of head and neck cancer. EveryOne should get the HPV vaccine.

16. PerfectlySexy

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    If you've ever had a wart in your life (no not just genital warts) you've had HPV. Nearly everyone will have HPV in their bodies at some time. While it can be transmitted through sexual acts, so can a cold. Don't buy into the fear, it's not a big deal.

Draft saved Draft deleted