In all honesty, when did you think Michael Jackson went downhill...

S

superbot

aww somebody is sour he never accomplished anything in life!!! I'm sure you have been more than transparent in life, mr lpsg.org dweller....
Glad to say that I didn't accomplished ANY of the things MJ did,lest I'd be in either a prison cell or a Secure Unit!!!...By the way; Skull Mason posts 2,819, superbot 315.Kinda says it all really. P.S.Don't you find it more than a little sad that a man in his thirties is so creepily obssesed with a ghoulish ex popstar???!

Skull Mason

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Glad to say that I didn't accomplished ANY of the things MJ did,lest I'd be in either a prison cell or a Secure Unit!!!...By the way; Skull Mason posts 2,819, superbot 315.Kinda says it all really. P.S.Don't you find it more than a little sad that a man in his thirties is so creepily obssesed with a ghoulish ex popstar???!

Are you in your 30s? I'm sure as hell not. Are you fucking retarded? It says my age under my avatar. It is funny how it always turns out, those who despise someone for something so deeply are usually guilty of that themselves. Lord Michael was never found guilty of anything son (aside from selling millions of records and influencing generations), are you guilty of something?

Media
People love to point out their distinctions, argue over pointless drivel, make endless assumptions and make a big heaping pile of crap out of posts that are nothing more than a matter of personal opinion.

The fact being, whether or not anyone of us posted the right thing and expressed it correctly without offending anyone etc, it is never going to change the fact that MJ made a history none of us will ever attain.

We love to point out flaws, mistakes and tear down success stories in order to somehow comfort ourselves into feeling superior to or less inadequate within the realm of fame and fortune.

When did he start to go down hill? The minute the curtain rose to a human audience.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

earllogjam

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I think his public image plumetted after he settled the sex assult case with the little boy's family out of court - from eccentric to creepy.

Bbucko

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight

Bitterness is never cute, SB. Just because Skull's way out of your league is no reason to hate on him.

Bubbles.

Bubbles marked the point where MJ ceased to use the media and the media began to use him. Eccentricity is not particularly cool even if outrageousness is. Right when it became apparent that Bubbles was more than just another pet in the zoo, is when the creepiness factor began to stir and the point where people became more interested in his antics than his music. Eventually it didn't matter what MJ put out or how good it was. The media relentlessly focused on his oddness. Interviews became all about rumors, not music. Paparazzi didn't care if he hosted charities, they wanted suspended animation chambers and elephant man bones.

This same thing happened to Princess Diana as soon as she lost her HRH title. The media sensed she was weak and began being not-so-pleasant. Rumors about Harry's paternity openly circulated and crotch shots were taken of her in a local gym. Diana quickly learned that she had to keep her mouth shut, always be discreet, and ramp-up her PR to give the media opportunities to make money off of her while she exploited them for her gain. That's the difference between MJ and Diana. Diana realized she had to cooperate, play to her fans to keep her popularity and, thus, her power, and only then would the media treat her with respect. MJ went recluse, isolating himself, failing to uphold his end of the fame game. He went after his record label, he went after the media, and he was completely indiscreet when he should have known that any slip would be blown into a tabloid headline. Worse, he disappointed all but his hardcore fans. He should have gotten out and toured, worked with the best producers to make great songs, and use his power of stardom to force the media into acknowledging that they would need his cooperation if they were going to get the best stories out of him; stories he could spin, control, and use to enhance his image while fattening the pockets of the media. Had he managed to do that, then I can virtually guarantee that there would be far fewer people believing he was a pedophile. Instead, MJ would have been, in the mind of the general public (not just his fans) the victim of horrible people looking to soak a rich and famous guy who loved to help children.

S

superbot

Bitterness is never cute, SB. Just because Skull's way out of your league is no reason to hate on him.
Bitterness? I see no bitterness. If you care to look at what I've written its all based on fact and unlike the Skull creature expressed without childish mindless playground expleatives.In fact he's a very good example of what a MJ is all about.As for being out of my league,PLEASE some of us have actually grown up and have learnt to be objective! Poor old Skull,I suppose cos he calls himself 'Skull' and constantly uses those aggressive foul-mouthed four letter words he thinks that makes him 'edgy.' ...I wonder if a fifty year man moved into his area and invited the local pre teen boys around for sleep overs he'd be quite so forgiving?!!!!?...

S

superbot

Bubbles.

Bubbles marked the point where MJ ceased to use the media and the media began to use him. Eccentricity is not particularly cool even if outrageousness is. Right when it became apparent that Bubbles was more than just another pet in the zoo, is when the creepiness factor began to stir and the point where people became more interested in his antics than his music. Eventually it didn't matter what MJ put out or how good it was. The media relentlessly focused on his oddness. Interviews became all about rumors, not music. Paparazzi didn't care if he hosted charities, they wanted suspended animation chambers and elephant man bones.

This same thing happened to Princess Diana as soon as she lost her HRH title. The media sensed she was weak and began being not-so-pleasant. Rumors about Harry's paternity openly circulated and crotch shots were taken of her in a local gym. Diana quickly learned that she had to keep her mouth shut, always be discreet, and ramp-up her PR to give the media opportunities to make money off of her while she exploited them for her gain. That's the difference between MJ and Diana. Diana realized she had to cooperate, play to her fans to keep her popularity and, thus, her power, and only then would the media treat her with respect. MJ went recluse, isolating himself, failing to uphold his end of the fame game. He went after his record label, he went after the media, and he was completely indiscreet when he should have known that any slip would be blown into a tabloid headline. Worse, he disappointed all but his hardcore fans. He should have gotten out and toured, worked with the best producers to make great songs, and use his power of stardom to force the media into acknowledging that they would need his cooperation if they were going to get the best stories out of him; stories he could spin, control, and use to enhance his image while fattening the pockets of the media. Had he managed to do that, then I can virtually guarantee that there would be far fewer people believing he was a pedophile. Instead, MJ would have been, in the mind of the general public (not just his fans) the victim of horrible people looking to soak a rich and famous guy who loved to help children.
I don't think the POW/ MJ comparison is a very good one.Firstly I never believed she ever courted the vile tabloid press for no other reason that she had no need to. It was purely an invention of the diseased minds of the media that SHE needed them and THEY needed her.MJ loved to play the role of 'little boy lost' complete with silly voice and constant syrupy references to children.He,I am sure lived his life BELIEVING that because he was MJ he could get way with pretty much anything.This is bourne out by the fact that he constantly rejected the advice of a great many people who warned against even the most outlandish behaviour.The problem being in the States is that for a great many people fame is EVERYTHING and people who have it are worshipped beyond all that is normal,you only have to look at some of the posts here to see that,naming no names!! I think that things in America seem to be changing for the better and that the whole celebrity crap business is now alot more transparent and subsequently I think it is would be far more difficult for another MJ type to exist today,people are I think/hope are just that little more 'savvy' (as our MP's now know!!)....

S

superbot

People love to point out their distinctions, argue over pointless drivel, make endless assumptions and make a big heaping pile of crap out of posts that are nothing more than a matter of personal opinion.

The fact being, whether or not anyone of us posted the right thing and expressed it correctly without offending anyone etc, it is never going to change the fact that MJ made a history none of us will ever attain.

We love to point out flaws, mistakes and tear down success stories in order to somehow comfort ourselves into feeling superior to or less inadequate within the realm of fame and fortune.

When did he start to go down hill? The minute the curtain rose to a human audience.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't.
What are you drivelling on about? MJ was a public figure in case you hadn't noticed and therefore subject to public scrutiny.I don't know what sort of world you inhabit,but fame doesn't exhonorate you from critizism.

I don't think the POW/ MJ comparison is a very good one.Firstly I never believed she ever courted the vile tabloid press for no other reason that she had no need to. It was purely an invention of the diseased minds of the media that SHE needed them and THEY needed her.MJ loved to play the role of 'little boy lost' complete with silly voice and constant syrupy references to children.He,I am sure lived his life BELIEVING that because he was MJ he could get way with pretty much anything.This is bourne out by the fact that he constantly rejected the advice of a great many people who warned against even the most outlandish behaviour.The problem being in the States is that for a great many people fame is EVERYTHING and people who have it are worshipped beyond all that is normal,you only have to look at some of the posts here to see that,naming no names!! I think that things in America seem to be changing for the better and that the whole celebrity crap business is now alot more transparent and subsequently I think it is would be far more difficult for another MJ type to exist today,people are I think/hope are just that little more 'savvy' (as our MP's now know!!)....

I disagree. As her marriage unraveled she started using the press as a platform to bolster her popularity and explain the need for divorce. There was the Morton book, the kohl-smeared eyes interview, the various independent engagements timed to coincide with the Prince of Wales' engagements, and the infamous Taj Mahal photo. The self-proclaimed Queen of Hearts did a great job of recovering her reputation. After the divorce she actively courted the press until she announced she was, "retiring from public life." I don't think Diana was a bad person and more than I think her husband is. They both seem to be good parents and genuinely care for good causes. Diana was simply better at using media to her advantage. Circumstance placed her in a difficult position and she came back fighting and immensely wiser than when she first started the whole royalty ride. I find that admirable.

You are right in that many advised Michael to make better decisions than what he chose. Michael didn't listen. Diana, by contrast, did. She listened to her advisers and found good counsel from a number of sources and all of that helped her win the game against the Windsors and her critics.

S

superbot

I disagree. As her marriage unraveled she started using the press as a platform to bolster her popularity and explain the need for divorce. There was the Morton book, the kohl-smeared eyes interview, the various independent engagements timed to coincide with the Prince of Wales' engagements, and the infamous Taj Mahal photo. The self-proclaimed Queen of Hearts did a great job of recovering her reputation. After the divorce she actively courted the press until she announced she was, "retiring from public life." I don't think Diana was a bad person and more than I think her husband is. They both seem to be good parents and genuinely care for good causes. Diana was simply better at using media to her advantage. Circumstance placed her in a difficult position and she came back fighting and immensely wiser than when she first started the whole royalty ride. I find that admirable.

You are right in that many advised Michael to make better decisions than what he chose. Michael didn't listen. Diana, by contrast, did. She listened to her advisers and found good counsel from a number of sources and all of that helped her win the game against the Windsors and her critics.
One day I'll tell you of an utterly appalling incident that took place between the POW and tabloid photo jounalist.It would sicken you,TRUELY.

One day I'll tell you of an utterly appalling incident that took place between the POW and tabloid photo jounalist.It would sicken you,TRUELY.

Problem is we know who got the last laugh in that battle. :frown1: